People Who I Think Make This Forum Better

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Imitation-Cheese, Feb 21, 2016.

1. TL;DR disclaimer: if it's too long, close the thread and move on. Off topic posts and any attempt to derail will be reported immediately.

I'm not trying to steal Delta's thunder. I intended to post this a few days ago, but I received a well-deserved forum suspension for calling out racist comments about Muslims. In doing so, I broke the TOU because I publicly questioned the actions of a moderator, which delayed my ability to post this thread. This thread isn't about my suspension and I ask that you not ruin this thread by discussing it because, well, it's against the rules.

********EDIT********
    This isn't meant to be an all-inclusive list. These are just the names that stuck out to me while writing this thread. If you want to recognize somebody, you should share your thoughts in a reply to this post.
    *******/EDIT*******

In no particular order:

Kasama

He is an interesting fellow. At one point I thought he was a grad student in anthropology. This guy used to inspire me. His posts were really well-written and thoughtful. Now I see the other side of him. My take on Kasama now is that he's probably mid-late teens, maybe early 20's guy still trying to find himself. Which is cool. It's obvious he's super smart and is gonna go far in life. He's just gotta figure out that success isn't in the hands of others judging you, but rather in how he applies his talents and interests into meaningful employment.

Anarchy

He and I have had our ups and downs, but he's one of my favorite forumers. This is a guy I have seen mature so much over the years. He's becoming his own man now, and it's so awesome seeing his development. He's got a strong personality and a way with people that makes them look up to him.

-V-

This dude is kind of a mystery to me. Sometimes he says things that make a lot of sense and are educated opinions. Other times, he's behaving completely ignorant. Reminds me a lot of myself when I was 24ish. Still a solid contributor none the less.

Rikkimaru

Rik is one of the toughest guys to debate in this game. He's one of the few guys who has actually made good enough counter-arguments against me that made me have to go back and spend hours double-checking my facts. I have learned so much from Rick challenging me and never letting me get away with anything :lol:. Guys like Rick keep guys like me in line, and I love him for it (extra homo).

Willy

What needs to be said of the man who was the first (and I believe only) man to make a selfie gif, just for KaW? Willy is the embodiment of humor, which is sort of ironic for a man whose profession is famed for showing off his ass crack. Like me, Willy is a combat veteran. He's seen and done more than most of you worthless scrubs will ever dream of doing in your call of duty fantasies. If he had a care to give about what you think of him, he certainly wouldn't waste it on anyone here. Always judged, but laughing at you anyway, Willy is the epitome of laughing at life, living the way life was meant to be lived and entertaining others while he's at it.

Lili

She is a newcomer to forums. I don't think anyone saw her coming, but she sure took this forum by storm. Time will tell whether she sticks around long enough to fill the ranks of the rest of the forum legends in this thread, but I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for her. Love your RP threads with the tongue out kid. Very creative and funny!

IA-Crazy-Ruggy

Ruggy represents everything that I think is great about our forum. And she is a most-welcomed addition to our community in the past year. She is the most light-hearted, yet intellectual, person I've ever seen in a web forum. It's no wonder she hails from a clan called Insane Asylum. Usually, intellectual people are like me - melancholy, gloomy, pessimistic, and overly critical of both self and others. Not Ruggy! What a breath of fresh air she adds to so many serious debates! When things get heated and personal, look to Ruggy to bring a voice of reason (dare I say mod material?). Yes, I do think Ruggy would make a fantastic level-headed mod.

D4rk

He is an interesting character. He has been both on my side and against me in many debates. He usually doesn't make long posts, but they're good enough to make strong points well in very few words. He's potent.

AshesOfEden

A legend of legends. Comic book style threads and a seemingly endless supply of bountiful breast gifs. I have derived endless pleasure from his posts, not just for their volimptuousness, but also for their sheer entertainment value. In public, he doesn't have a serious bone in his body, but in PM, he's a great man. He embodies the phrase "still waters run deep."

PipeBomb

Pipe is a staple regular of this forum. It's people like him who keep the forum moving forward every day. He's got interesting things to say about most topics and he usually is a positive contributor across many threads. However he does sometimes fall into the trap of adolescent immaturity, but who doesn't? He's a solid firm block in this jenga-like community of ours.

Oli-Bear

Oli used to be a regular. Then he joined coat fee. Not sure what changed but he's different now, but the rest of this comment will be about the old Oli. Oli was kinda like pipe except more on the analytical side. Oli is actually a really smart guy when he wants to be but he plays immature sometimes, which is how he throws people off. He brings the right comments with the wisdom and insight that have enriched this forum for years.

Tom_Burger_Pie

It's hard to take someone who fancies themselves a burger pie seriously, but Tom is a serious guy. He's friendly and light hearted. Not quite as regular as others I've mentioned here, but definitely a person who stands out among the crowd.

PRIME

He's one of the most active forumers today. Although most of his posts are one liners and gifs, he has surprised me with a few nuggets of wisdom from time to time. He's light hearted but knows when to get serious.

Delphin

He's actually a dolphin. You don't see him often but when he shows up and pokes his little dorsal fin above water, it's a beautiful sight.

Killzone

I think she may be the most under rated forumer. She doesn't boast much and doesn't post a lot but when she does she's almost always 100% correct. She's been around a long time and knows her stuff. Guys could learn a lot from her.

SkinnyMinny

One of the most hated and annoying people in this game. He shocked KaW when he revealed that he is a dude, formerly known as Alison. We met back when he was in 4 Seasons. He uses this forum the way it was meant to be used - to start fights. Show up in his thread to disagree and find yourself in one hell of an annoying battle that will usually end in your frustration.

Optimal Chaos

Not the smartest guy in the world. Optimal is the most stubborn person I know, but he's resilient in making his case, even when he's completely wrong, which is about half of the time. Nothing wrong with being wrong unless you keep trying to prove your wrongness by digging your heels in. He is known for paragraphs-long posts full of the most convoluted arguments this forum has ever seen. He's a very entertaining addition to this forum. I love having him around. Except when he's being his annoying self 

Hydra-Shok

He's one of only two guys in the forum with whom I've crossed intellectual swords with and have beaten me. When he shows up to a thread, I get nervous. This guy pushes my limits and has actually changed my mind about a few topics, which is a rare thing for me to do. He and I disagree quite a bit, but it's his logic and eloquence that makes me admire him. When we agree, we are an unstoppable duo, and we take pride in embarrassing anyone who tries to cross us. He truly makes me a better forumer and keeps me honest. I have so much respect for this guy. What a great forumer. I wish he was more active.

Martyn

He's been around for quite some time. He's not super active but when he is, he's always got very insightful contributions to make.

Frog

I think everyone knows about frog. He's got an air of arrogance that is unparalleled in this forum. Japan is perfect. America sucks. We get it, frog. I respect his consistency to stand by his words and not being apologetic for being a snob. Sometimes he makes nice posts when he has the time to grace us simpletons with his perfection. But he's mostly a one-liner forumer.

Mister_Universe

He's a pretty smart guy who's good at making a point. One of the newer and welcomed additions to our forum, I'm looking forward to having him around. He's a solid chap and a regular.

-Rio-

Rio always seems to have the right info to plug holes in arguments. He's a fixer. He won't necessarily take the lead in an argument, but you definitely want him on your side.

KingCalm

He is the only person, other than hydra, who has beaten me intellectually by convincing me of something with which I had disagreed. Great writer and very well informed. This forum would be a wonderful learning haven if we had like a couple dozen more KCs around. He shows up to my threads and puts me in my place when I'm out on the fringes. When we agree, we team up and crush ignorance with logic. This man makes me better and sharper. Mad respect for KC.

TheRealDMC

He's been a regular contributor on all the threads I find interesting. He typically comes with a unique perspective that sometimes goes against the grain and he's not afraid to go against the grain. If he's on a bandwagon, it's usually because he created it. I'm looking forward to more superior content from him.

_____TNT_____

We've agreed on most things and disagreed on others. Whatever the case, you want him on your side. He's well-informed and has a way with words that makes people get defensive and resort to illogical arguments. The cool thing about him is that he recognizes this and takes it as his own victory and sometimes quietly leaves the thread once he realizes he's won.

Chocolate23

Chocolate has been named by several forumers for his great guides. I haven't read a guide in a long time, but after reading chocolate's guides, I must agree. The formatting, presentation, and ease of use make his guides top notch in my opinion. Good guides keep new players abreast of changes and are instrumental to keeping this game alive.

Delta

Delta has been around a long time. He's made lots of small contributions over the years. And recently, he has really been stepping up his game to make some really remarkable posts. The people rallied hard to get him on this list, and the people shall have what the people want. Thanks for making this place better, Delta!

CynderStrike

Cyn is infamous. Love him or hate him, you can't deny he's pretty good. We met in conflict but soon realized we are much too alike not to be friends. If we grew up on the same block, I imagine we'd be best friends. He knows too much to be light hearted, yet he is. The thing I admire most about him is his lack of fear. He's got hater repellant built into his character that makes him impossible to bring down. I always look forward to his posts because they're usually exactly what I would say.

Rising Stars

Here's a list of people I've noticed who have caught my attention with outstanding posts, but who haven't quite made a name for themselves yet.

Goofy
    Gravelord
    BobRosszHappyBush
    Charlie

Honorable Mentions

Great forumers who aren't active enough for the main list, but who are still an important part of the forum kawmmunity.

Zeth
    Boba-Fett
    Grizzy
    Jesus

Lost Legends

People who used to be regular contributors who's activity is very low now but who were leaders of quality content at one point.

Fluffles
    Wakebuster
    Wordwaster
    Nathan winning
    TERRA
    Drgn
    Moose
    Slayerbob
    Toast
    Rusted red knight of serenity
    LegendaryHero

Closing Thoughts

I think what happens, is that over time, eventually we are all bound to disagree about stuff. But the beauty of it all is that we keep coming back together. I've been great friends with people like Moose, Anarchy and Kasama and many, many others. Then suddenly, I say something they strongly disagree with and things are never the same again. It's like we never had that initial respect. Which, I guess is understandable. I know I sometimes say things that others find unpalatable. Sometimes I read my own writing and wonder how much I had to drink that night (not really, I stand by most of what I say).

But we grow as a community. We better each other. And like the bible says, as iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. I consider you, the forum community, my friend. You've made me better by confronting me when I'm wrong, by supporting me when I'm right and by offering companionship when I just needed some basic human interaction.

I'm saying all this because I hope that others here have had a similar experience. Or maybe you all think I'm being WAY too overly sentimental and I just need to relax and go outside and hug a tree and find a girlfriend or whatever. Either way I'm sure you'll let me know in the comments below.

So, please, troll on. Keep being yourself. And whatever it is that you've been bringing to the kawmmunity, please don't ever change because you all individually make this place what it is.

Who do you think makes this forum better and why? Let's celebrate our regulars and not so regulars who keep us coming back every day.

Truly yours,

Cheeseh

2. Nice thread. I agree with the majority of people you mentioned, apart from v -_-

One question though, WHERE'S DELTA?

He posts the bests gifs ever! How could he not be on that list?

3. If you think he should be on the list, you are welcome to share your reason with us.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be on the list. I think he should be, but I think it goes without saying.

You should tell us what you think is great about him.

4. Kk

5. Yessss, thank you for the nomination!

6. If this was a vote to be vk then maybe

7. Great thread OP and i think you make this forum great too 

8. Eww Zeth. Burn it with fire.

9. nah still deserves to be there

10. Crazy ruggy is a chick.

11. Some people tend to think that filling their posts with bbcodes and pictures somehow make their posts better. If anything it just makes the page longer to load and makes me hate the post even more because I have to scroll around the "loading" pop up thing to read other posts.

12. You are Jesus. Fix it bro 

13. Dont get crucified again Jesus

14. D'oh!

I'll fix it. Thanks for the heads up!

15. So true! You're one of my favorites, too, Jesus. Can't believe I forgot to add you!

16. I wanna be a rising star! Pweetty pweeeaaase?! ~(^з^)-♡

17. Bravo is better than Charlie

18. Provide a valid reason and I'm sure he'll consider adding you.