NFL score picking contes: week 2, Bears VS 49ers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its time for the NFL score picking contest. Sorry for the late launch. Anyway, we still have some time yet, so I'm lgoing to toss this out now. You have until kick off to give me tonight's winner of the game, the exact score, and a reason. Be the first to do this and ATA will credit your account with 10 Xtals! Now that we have the rules and the prize, I will share with you what the professionals think. Feel free to steal their guess if you wish :-)

2. Click link for research on game
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2196 ... prediction

The Chicago Bears have not won at San Francisco since they won the Super Bowl back in 1985, and they will shuffle out to the Bay Area in search of their first win of the season when they visit the 49ers on Sunday Night Football.

The 49ers will also be playing their first game ever at the new Levis Stadium in Santa Clara. They have hope it helps them win and cover for the eighth straight time at home in regular-season matchups with the Bears.

The Bears are seldom dogged by a touchdown (only 11 times in the past six seasons, according to the Odds Shark NFL database). But they make money in this role, as their 8-3 against-the-spread record indicates.

Bears vs. 49ers Point Spread: The 49ers opened as seven-point favorites, and the line has held steady most of the week; the total was 48 (line updates and matchup report).

Odds Shark Computer Prediction: 30-21.1 San Francisco

Why the Bears can cover the spread

Chicago is coming off a disappointing 23-20 overtime loss at home to Buffalo in Week 1 but has the potential to bounce back here and at least keep the game close if the team can just forget about past trips there.

The Bears have fared well as road underdogs of seven points or more with a 4-1 mark against the spread in their last five games under that scenario (and 8-3 since 2007). Even though San Francisco has previously been a tough place to play for the Bears, they knocked off the defending Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts 29-13 in the first game ever played at Lucas Oil Stadium back in 2008 on Sunday Night Football.

The distractions that come with opening a new stadium could actually help Chicago and hurt San Francisco in this spot.

Why the 49ers can cover the spread

The 49ers destroyed the Bears 32-7 in the last meeting two years ago, which became the coming-out party for quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who made his first career start in that game.

Kaepernick, who hurt Chicago with his arm (243 yards and two touchdowns) in their previous matchup, has the potential to run over a weak Bears run defense with his legs as well. Chicago wore down defensively against the Bills last week, and that could be the case again here.

San Franciscos defense also has disrupted Bears QB Jay Cutler in the past and could be in his head. The last time he faced them, the 49ers picked off Cutler five times in a 10-6 victory five years ago, as backup Jason Campbell got the start in the latest game between the teams.

Smart Pick

The only more difficult opponent for Chicago coming off a loss would be the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks on the road.

Bettors saw what they did to the Green Bay Packers to open the NFL season, and they can expect to see a similar result from San Francisco against the Bears. Theres no way Chicago can make enough adjustments to the defense in one week to stop a 49ers rushing attack that has the potential to hammer the team on the ground.

San Francisco running backs Frank Gore and Carlos Hyde combined for 113 rushing yards on 23 carries last week with one touchdown in a 28-17 victory at Dallas, and they can give the Bears fits along with Kaepernick if he is allowed to run more.

The 49ers are 6-0-1 ATS in their last seven games against NFC North opponents, per the NFL database, and should pick up another cover versus Chicago.

Trends

Bears are 0-7 straight up and ATS in their past seven visits to San Francisco.
    Bears are 8-3 ATS in their past 11 games when getting seven or more points.

3. 30-21 San Fran wins. They wear shiny uniforms so they will blind the bears

4. 35-13 san fran

5. And because not even bears fans are fans of the bears. San Fran if is am all around better team

6. 28-17 Frisco

49'ers are a better all around team. Bears haven't had it for a couple years now, not going to change soon.

7. 23-17 bears.
    Just because i would like to see the bears win for once. Lol

8. 21-14 San Fran over Chicago because the bears still need a little work and the stadium in San Fransisco is one of the hardest stadiums to play in

9. 28-7 San fran, because football.

10. I think we all know the bears will get destroyed tonight lol

11. 31-13 because Sanfran is a better team and the bears are getting old

12. 24-10 Frisco

Forte will score 1 td and drive the bears down the field. Frisco will be able to throw it over the bears defense and get more touchdowns.

13. 34-17 San Fran wins. Better coaching staff and a more disciplined team.

14. I think it will be a close game because
    San Fran defense not up to par, but I got san Fran at 24-21 over bears

15. SAN FRANCISCO 27 TO 17 OVER DA BEARS

16. The 49ers will win with a score of 27you to 3 because they are going too the super bowl this year

17. 37-13 49ers because their running is better

18. Colts vs eagles is gonna be a better game. 9ers are gonna stomp the bears 34-17.

Bears are extremely overrated and jay cutler is either decent or garbage.

19. Dammit crackers we think alike. I'll change mine to 31-17

20. 27-24 Bears. Yeah I said it. San Fran is worse than they were last year and it took Tony Romo to help them beat the Cowboys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.