Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3/4

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Jul 13, 2013.

1. News
    * Please be advised that we are running experiments with the current set of wars.

We are examining the results form this war to make improvements throughout the weekend. There will be continual improvements throughout this weekend. We appreciate the patience and support you guys are all giving us in the meantime!

War 3
    Signups: 38
    No Match: 4

AREK SBY CAK - Your total BFA was very low, making it impossible for us to find you a match.

Acoustic Sunrise - For your Build size, your BFA was also low compared to others that have signed up.

Rising Hawks - When we ran our algorithm for clan strength, your clan stood out as having an abnormal distribution of strength amongst your players. Your cumulative strength is sound, but the distrbution of these bonuses is different from the other clans that have signed up. We will continue to monitor this and provide more concise feedback as we move forward.

Warthog Strafe Run - Your hit ratio versus other clans was very low. That means that most of your members cannot hit the other clans that signed up. Most clans average over 80%, you were near 60%. Getting a more balance clan to sign up would help you get a match.

War 4

Signups: 50
    No Match: 2

_STARFLEET_ASSASSINS_ - This was an odd man out situation for you, as we had an odd number of clans remaining after matchups. Please try again!

Rising Hawks - The reason as War #3, we will continue to look into this and provide you with constructive steps to get into a war ASAP.

2. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

Thanks.

Could you please explain how Ours and SoTuW's BFE was ANYTHING alike?

3. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

Where's war 3 nomatch thread?

4. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

The info is coming.

5. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

Please Explain how we matched sotuw. Thanks.

6. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

Warthog worst didn't even try

7. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

Our last two match ups @ champs were very close. Great job! Thank you.

8. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

Makes no sense, we should get compensated for develop screw ups

9. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

I hate to repeat myself but for once I will in the hope dear devs that you will really read this honost feedback. I dont know what wars you watched but just take a look at your data for the Kreuzritter - ZAFT UK war. Zero top 100 ally lb accounts versus 6 top 100 ally lb accounts. That were very able to hit clanmembers that were in the lower half of our clan (so far the dtw-dts feature...). And please explain us how this is even considered slightly fair? How could these two clans even get a match in the first place? Or is this all "within your parameters"?

10. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

KAWs war system=all of the sham and none of the wow,and if you keep it up will even send you a shticky to play with while your in KO

11. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

In our match up I personally think we was mismatched I could barely hit anyone. The first dtw war seemed to be more about the fight and war stratedgy, I think you should try and tweak that system instead :)

12. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

Devs,

Did u not say the 1 hour wars would mimic the 2 hours wars as far as mith payout goes? Pls if I read wrong I apologize, can u answer this question? Thank u.

13. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

With every algorithm, we understand there will be mismatches, and I'm sure there were plenty of good matches. Please look into the outliers and tweak to prevent such severe mismatches. When a clan has 5 LB accounts that can hit 90% of ur roster versus our none, or in the case of Kruez and Zaft (6 vs 1), it can make for a severe mismatch. These seem to be one of the worst mismatches I've seen to date. So, while there were some good matches, please look to tweak the system so that the severity of the mismatches are not as great. I beleive even a Kruez vs Castle (still a mismatch but not as severe) and BG vs. Zaft UK would have been more appropriate. Also, when evaluating the plunder differences, please take into account that these were 1 hr wars. Had it been 2 hrs, the plunder difference would have been magnified by 3-5 fold. In any case, we had fun regardless... Enjoyed the challenge even tho we didn't stand a chance. 

14. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

Thanks Kaw_Admin,

However, could you please have a look at our opponents BFA movement post-matchup for War 3. Multiple members moved around on their Roster. One from 45 at match up, to 32 for war. If that was my clan would require several Trillion in allies to change that much. We would appreciate some feedback, either privately or publicly, thank you.

Otherwise a good War, well earned victory for our opponents. 

15. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

Warthog strafe run ' v sotuw looked like it could have been a good scrap, that is if all matching elements would have been followed. Reminds me of the bfa matching inclusion during season 1 where two LB clan continuously matched each other even tho bfa difference was massive, kaw admins response to this was that they considered 130% bfa difference to be reasonable. You had to be involved in those wars to realize what an impossible task that difference amounted too, I'd like to know the % differential you consider reasonable when calculating bfe stats? I'm not interested in trolls talking about protests or cheating, gaining easy matchups or exploiting the system. This is a direct question to kaw admin. I'm happy enough to participate in these test wars wether good or bad but I would like the information requested relayed to the players. Now that being said... If a full clan roster had 1 piece of equipment equipped and the opposing clan had 12 pieces equipped and this was deemed reasonable is there any point factoring bfe in at all? Surely build stats, numbers and bfa is enough especially as the dtw/dts element was used. Just some thoughts as I wasn't in the war but have been in this situation quite often in season 1.  Rob

16. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

We've had our fair share of mismatches as the devs tweak away. I guess these things are going to happen. I don't suppose it can be an easy job to please everyone. I love to war so I'm content with taking part in these trials if it means we have a more workable system come season 2 

17. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

Yes I agree queen, I suppose what I'm digging for is the figures that determine reasonable % differences concerning bfe and if there is actually any point in factoring it into the algorithm at all. If the parameters are as wide as say 50/60m > 200/250m bfe stats I would say its pretty pointless on top of the other factors but until the question is answered it all speculation

18. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

king wsp being a leader submitted a very humble post, which i really appreciate. But his stats are better than more than 50% that participated from our clan, in the war (he so humbly said "enjoyed"). Being at bottom side of the pool, it is my duty that i and many of us didn't enjoyed that one hour war, when you hit any one with all spell on and all pots on and still fail. Any please note not one time but always. Under the stituation you have no option other than killing your own troops because you know that now they are after you and they are making score by hitting on yoir troops. So admins please don't give us such bad match ups again. But hey! not every thing was negative in the last war we are talking about. Positive thing was that it was only one hour war. Two hour war could have made me insane.

19. Re: Estoc Trials - Week 6 of Test Wars - War 3

will we get a war 3 update before war 4?

or even better, will we not and just see a war 4 update?

also will u ever explain how u r factoring bfe and the margin between clans that r acceptable?

20. The original post have been updated.

We are looking at the results from War 3 (I see the Zaft UK vs Kreuzritter mentioned) to see why this is happening and what we can do to improve it.