Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ProviingAPoint, May 3, 2016.

1. Best Anime?

What is,in your opinion the best anime? Post the name of the anime and why do you consider it your favourite.
    Mine Is Deathnote.
    The way it was drawn, the suspense, the characters. It all pulled together to create one of the most awesome, spectacular, astounding animes I have ever seen. I was hanging on every word, my eyes glued on the screen, and there was an aspect that I don't really think about in animes. Music. The music in Death Note just adds to it so much. For instance: L, the detective, has his own sweet theme song, and when a montage of people dying plays there is this wicked symphony going!! I also am sort of a loser because every time L came on screen, I swooned lol.

2. So why do I need to watch deathnote. I mean ik anime but haven't really watching anything.

I mean Ik these music vids where they show anime pics which fit the song, Or nightcore.

Lol im new to this anime thing really xd

3. Samurai Champloo is the greatest of all time. Rip Nujabes

4. My favorite anime by far is Angel Beats

5. shigatsu wa kimi no uso
    (your lie in april)

6. Cowboy bebop is always a favorite.

7. Code Geass or Fate Zero.

Honestly, I love many of the classics, but the new animations/complex storylines in contemporary anime continue getting better. Thus, setting the bar even higher for years to come.

Pro Tip: In your free time, be sure to bug super noob Grant - he has a big list of recommendations! :p

In these times of kaw boredom, there's many distractions. ️

8. I love many animes, love echi, romance animes.
    Hard to say which ones i love..

In echi genre i love
    B gata h kei
    Heavens lost property
    Mysterious girlfriend X
    And many more....

In slice of life i love
    Spice n wolf
    Gun no saji
    Barakamon

Recently i watched Aoi hana again. I loved it every moment of it.
    Its about shoujou ai or yuri genre.

In serious genre wise i would say
    Elfen lied.
    Probably one of the most blood spattered anime. Though its an old anime, i loved it.

In long series i love onepiece.
    Fun, comedy, action, serious.
    Its a whole pack and probably the least filler long run anime.

No game no life.
    Attack on titans.
    Toradora.
    Tasogora otome x amnesia.
    Kimi ni todoke
    Kimikiss pure rogue
    Kaicho wa maid sama
    Chobits
    Onegai teacher
    Myself yourself
    5 centi metre per second
    The pet girl of sakurouska
    Peach girl
    Bokura ga ita
    love, chunibyou and other delusions
    Bokura wa minna kawaisou
    Bakka and test - summon the beast.

9. OP, please rename thread as "Weeaboo Thread"

10. Some awesome suggestions above.

A few good ones from the past few years:
    Psycho Pass
    Zankyou no Terror (Terror In Resonance)
    K / K Project
    Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi (Erased)
    Plastic Memories
    Shinsekai Yori (From the New World)

Also, so far this season Kiznaiver and Mayoiga are both a lot of fun.

11. Bible Black is the best anime ever.

12. Dragonball series is great and has a lot of length to it as well which means you have plenty of content to go through. With Dragonball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball Super to watch (ignore GT as it was awful and not official canon) you have plenty of content which is still being released and it is just overall a great plot. There is humor, action and if you consider the period of the release date of the original then it was amazing for its time.

Sword Art Online has it's good moments although the light novels are far better. The issue with SAO is that it was written for a contest originally so was rushed but when it went over the submission limit the author didn't want to scrap it and just couldn't cut down on the writing so it was published online. This is why the original arc was rushed. It's overall really good but could and should have been a lot better.

Log Horizon is brilliant. It's a similar premise to SAO as players are trapped inside an MMORPG however it goes into far more depth and some people hate that but I think it made it have more of an impact. The humor and action is great in it and the plot and music is always well done.

13. One piece. And Naruto. I'm not ultra Anime.

14. Loved Boku Dake!
    Anohana is pretty good if you're in the mood for some feels or Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu if you want a horror style. Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is a good one if you liked SAO (this one is better).

15. Chuunibyou of all time.

16. Oh man, the feels from Anohana...

17. Time to watch some stuff :)

18. Why doesn't ATA make an anime game? That seems to be the only thing Grant and the team are interested in.. Oh yeah and gay sharks...

On topic...Gundam is pretty great..