A Firearm Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zethor, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Guns.

We shoot them, carry them, argue about them, fight over which ones are best, I have seldom seen a subject that people are more passionate about than guns. Be it hunting, target shooting, or just shooting. Guns are badass. It's hard to deny. And I'm here to talk with you guys about some of my favorite guns, and hear about yours.

(Disclaimer) If the thought of having to look at these sickening items, or even hear misguided people talk about them sickens you, leave now. There will be a lot of guns in this thread. You have been warned. (Scram)

Starting off my list is one of the most iconic handguns of all time, comparable to the Colt Peacemaker. The Colt was my first handgun, and I still to this day have my first one, although I have purchased several since then.

The Colt Model 1911 is chambered in .45 Automatic Colt Pistol (ACP), and is a gun that has withstood the test of time, showing that it is still one of the best guns ever time and time again.

They come endlessly customizable, and anybody who has one of these babies knows, they are flat out beautiful, even without custom engraving.

The Springfield XD-S.

Some people like Glocks. Personally, I don't, as they feel unnatural and blocky in your hand. That's not to at that there aren't good mods you can get that make them more comfortable, but why do that when you can buy a Springfield?

Currently my favorite target gun, this thing is accurate, and it stays so. The recoil is very smooth compared to most handguns, and it provides a thoroughly enjoyable shooting experience.

The .38 Special Bodyguard

It's no secret that Smith and Wesson isn't my favorite company, but they outdid themselves with this little sucker.

The .38 is my CCW gun, primarily because it is compact, has no safety, and is relatively easy and fast to draw using the proper holster.

Because is has no safety, the trigger pull is immense, so to prevent accidental discharges. It only holds five rounds, but they effectively pulverize the target. It is louder than hell, but very accurate for a self defense gun.

This one oughta bring Bootsy out of hiding. The one, the only, the mother of overkill herself, the Desert Eagle.

The Desert Eagle is what is known as extreme bad ass. Even without all the bells and whistles, it can kick six kinds of ass, provided you can hit the target. But you only need to hit it once.

A .50 Caliber bullet fires out of this thing. A sniper round. And it then proceeds to annihilate whatever might have been in front of the barrel. Prepare to ice your hand.

I don't own one myself, but I have had the opportunity to fire several. They are fun, but in my opinion, impractical.

The Beretta M9. This gun is everywhere. Every toy gun is modeled after it, every videogame handgun, everywhere. And although it isn't my favorite, it is undeniable that it is still awesome.

Chambered in one of the most common rounds in the world, 9mm, the Beretta is extremely common, almost even more so than the 1911.

I will be adding more, as well as a shotgun and rifle list soon. Feel free to disagree with my picks, and let me know all about your guns, and what you like about them. Thanks.

2. dont fire your arm!!

3. I have a savage 774A semi auto shotgun and I love it. Also have a high point .380 acp that is fun to shoot

4. I'll start off with my favorite gun - the venerable AK-47.

Everyone knows this gun. It is the symbol of the freedom fighter. I own several guns, but my AK is the only one that has never misfired or jammed, no matter how hot it is or how many rounds I put through it.

And it's accurate.

Of all the guns to trust my life with, the AK-47 takes the cake by a long shot!

5. Nice. I've actually never shot an AK. A ton of AR's though.

6. Cheese, that was the last gun built to be filled with crap and still fire

Tho the steyr AUG is my personal favourite gun to play with, that isn't a hand gun. Favourite mainly because I find it more comfortable and I have a faster reload time with a bullpup build than I do a standard build

7. Typically I reload faster with those too. I'm planning on sinking some money into a IWI Tavor SAR Rifle.

8. Never fired a bullpup before. Intuitively, it seems harder to reload. What would you say makes it easier than a standard rifle?

9. Most lethal firearm in the world. Responsible for killing more men than all other guns combined. Banned in 150 countries worldwide. You don't see too many of these around any more

10. All time favourite is the Super soaker CPS 4100.

11. Personally i play alot more in the woods and so i use the more powerful but semi auto Tippmann 98 custom. The FPS control allows me to annihilate opponents while at the same time going easier on little cousins. Overall a light strong durable paintmarker

As much as i like my Tippmann for wooded play in a field or competitive environment like Waynes World a semi auto is practically suicide. Which is where my second choice comes in. The Syder Electra. It offers fire selection and has a relatively good battery life. The guns so light the C02 usually out weighs it and im forced to use a 12oz. It has a decent full auto rate and us overall a good competition gun. Thank you

12. We're comparing the size of our guns here? 

13. Drop clip flip up slap new clip in, **** and fire

14. We all know everyone can argue this and that about what is the better gun. To each their own I say. But I will say this Zeth for your love of the Springfield, which I've owned one before. The Glock, if you can get past the blocky grip, which I have no problems cuz I got big mits. Is a better more accurate shooter then the Springfield, simply because Glock is a low vote axis gun and Springfield is high bore axis.

So go get you a Glock and have a stippling grip package done by a reputable gun smith and you may just change your mind or not.

In the end, who really cares. Just shoot and have fun. Be safe. Carry responsibly. Aim with prejudice.

I spent my day shooting yesterday and it was a blast.

Guns Shot

Glock17 - My conceal carry weapon
    Glock43
    Taurus Judge
    Smith and Wesson 28-2 Highway Patrolman 357mag
    Smith and Wesson MP Shield 9mm
    Ruger SR22

Nice thread Zeth

15. Hhmm I'm surprised Ruger didn't make your list....I had a Ruger 22 as a kid, as a woman I have a Ruger LCP 380.....

It's like the 38 with no safety and a long trigger pull......it's a catch 22 because I like a quick trigger but love that there is no safety.
    If I have to defend myself I don't want to fumble with a safety while soiling my britches backing away from ninjas.
    ️

16. I'm sorry, arm, but you've been fired.

17. It sucks ar-15 is better than terrorist gun I got bills I can't spend a million dollar on cheap gun it no shot accurate bullet.

18. Glad we not allowed guns where I am