A discussion on forums

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Pie, Jun 29, 2015.

1. 100% agree

2. Dilly's thread was an idea and an obvious helpful thread short meaning less complaining,spammy,basic question threads are locked and for good reason...
    Name a recent short low effort that should of played out?
    I'm against any censorship in a premium app that claims to be a free app  but rules are rules..,
    As I said before play the game....meaning anything you write Tom to me is spamming and meaning cause you're just s step above a statless alt with zero kaw credit

3. There's a general trend where low effort = low quality, and most one sentence threads don't deserve to be opened or to be left in AT.

4. This Completely Has My Support..
    Also I Have Seen Some Very Good Ideas Going Unnoticed which are made by newbie forumers...

I Think Forums community Just mostly focuses on threads made by old & known forumers with tons of forum post count against their names...

^^This Needs To change

5. Does anyone really care about post counts? I feel like only morons look at post counts

6. You've already been asked to leave my thread. Don't make me ask again

7. Agreed with you op. Now, what does a burger pie taste like??? 

8. People on forums that make threads with low effort can have good ideas. But they are locked because they have low effort and no energy put into them. I agree that mods should read threads before locking, but people really should put some effort into threads.

9. There is no rule that states that a certain amount of 'energy' has to be put in to a thread. People need to stop requiring tonnes of paragraphs and colours and pictures and accept that decent ideas can come in small forms

10. Support to these. You can tell a thread that has effort and one that does not have effort. You do not need 7 paragraphs and 15 pictures and gifs to have a great thread.

All you need to do is present yourself like you are educated.

11. you don't need all the fancy stuff and stuff. Mods really should look threads over. But it's important to take pride in your work

12. Agreed, but taking pride in one's own work is a personal preference rather than a rule

13. Wouldn't you like to know ;)

14. Great description of the situation.

I don't see why any thread not in conflict with the TOU (blatant spam, incitement to violence, racism,...) should get locked because someone simply judged that the author didn't put any effort into it.

It doesn't take huge efforts, page long prosa cluttered with animated gifs and flashy bb codes to formulate a two sentence long post that has the potential to kick off a week long debate amongst the forum community. Not too long ago, I've seen threads from joe_ that were of minimal effort but had the credit of kicking off very interesting discussions.

Low effort (and huge effort) threads that are of no interest will be out of AT after a few hours anyway... Spam clutterIng AT should get locked though.

15. Yep. It's telling the difference that the mods seem to have trouble with

16. Yep support!

I've only made 3 threads during my kawreer and all been locked by eagle. all three of them were efficient but not colorful and a Wikipedia page or two long . Nobody saying anything like lock or whatever.

Not my first account.

17. Lol that pretty much sums it up

18. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=175405&p=5222913#p5222913

K

19. Short threads should be on the question thread.

Now I know since I disagreed with you, you are going to ask me to leave your thread. You lose a lot of credibility if you ask every who disagrees with you to leave. Your track record is to spam for two weeks then go inactive for 4-5 months then come back try to "change things"

Go ahead now, ask me to leave for disagreeing with you.. You claim to be some kind of "forumer" but can't handle a dissenting remark. That's why you get no respect, and also because you don't even KAW