2012 All Star War - Results & Updates

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Sep 24, 2012.

1. First of all, Congratulations to Harbingers of Doom for winning the 2012 All Star Wars!!!

The Results are as follows:

Winner: Harbingers of Doom
    Finals:
    Harbingers of Doom vs Harbingers of War
    Semi Finals:
    Harbingers of Apocalypse vs Harbingers of War
    Harbingers of Doom vs Harbingers of Retribution
    Quarter Finals:
    Harbingers of Apocalypse vs Harbingers of Conquest
    Harbingers of Doom vs Harbingers of Judgement
    Harbingers of War vs Harbingers of Destruction
    Harbingers of Death vs Harbingers of Retribution

First priority is for us to distribute the awards. We will be doing this within the week, but based on the complexity of the situation, it is taking us longer than expected. Now, onto addressing the concerns brought up by the community:

Inactive (including low activity) Players
    Participation in the All Star War is something that is very exclusive (we'll address how exclusive this is later) and should be valued. Signing up and not participating is against spirit of the All Star War. Not only that, but you let down everyone else that is participating.

To address this, we will be removing all rewards from players that did not contribute a reasonable amount* to the war. We will then distribute these rewards to the players that did participate. Everyone should expect a small boost to the rewards that were already announced.

* Reasonable Amount - We are looking into how we can determine this, and will provide an update for everyone shortly. What we will most likely do is provide a list of who we feel is inactive. The admins of each Clan can then vote to "vouch" for these players and we will remove them for the list. That way, we should cover all cases.

Reports of Alts and cheaters
    We've read reports of cheaters, but they are scattered throughout various threads. In an attempt to consolidate this, please reply to this thread or email us via feedback with any evidence you may have. We have looked into several accounts. While there is evidence that there was suspicious behaviour, none of our data can definitively confirm that they were alts helping another team. There is the possibility that they were friends with the opposing team, but that is something that is out of our realm of control.

We can only act on evidence that suggest the same player was playing on multiple accounts. Feel free to respond here, or via feedback, with the information that you do have. If players are found to have used Alts, we will announce this in the forums. Furthermore, all rewards will be removed from their accounts.

Sign-up Process
    We realize that the sign-up process was simply not good enough for our players. The timing, coordination and communication of the whole process was a very bad experience for a lot of players. We apologize for this and for our next event, we will make significant improvements on all of this.

All-Star War structure and roster sizes
    There's mixed feedback on this one, but in the end, we understand that the All Star war should be that, a war for the true All Stars of the game. We will be making the following two adjustments for next year's war:

1. Rosters for the All-Star War will return to an exclusive, high ranked players only event. The method in which we select the players will change, but it will be better than a first come first serve system. There have been several suggestions made already that could work out, and we are looking into it.

2. For players that want to participate in events, we will have other events occurring throughout the year that is open to a wide ranger of players.

Admin Privileges
    This also caused a lot of problems, and we will be sure to create a new system for how this works so that it is not exploitable.

2. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Nice

3. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

What is considered a reasonable amount?

4. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

* Reasonable Amount TBD

5. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Good to hear that there will be changes 

6. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

PLEASE MAKE A THREAD ABOUT BEING A BETA TESTER FOR NEW WAR SYSTEM

7. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

That's good news about the rankings for next year! Let people who know how to war, war!!! No offence to noobs but you just don't know how to war, brought up in a world of killing monsters and trolls! I do have an idea about running an all star war for high ranking players and running one along side it for less ranking players.

8. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Yay!

Guys please don't start hating devs on this thread, as you can see they are attempting to rectify the errors throughout the war :)

So only serious evidence of your accusations, no "you suck devs" because again- they Are doing there best to make this work for all involved :)

9. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

ok thankyou 

10. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

@ ultimate killer if u participated you shouldn't be woried

11. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

10th....

When i was gonna post first, i was in the wrong forum column to post on an kaw_admin thread lol

12. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

And GO DOOM

13. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Glad to see worthless players are getting a reward that suits them. Nothing :lol:

14. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

@Kaw_Admin on the reasonable amount will incoming actions be taken into thought/account?

15. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Good to see those who joined just for badge and slept through war won't be rewarded .

16. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Great to see this. Thank you

17. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

I think any one who join asw and did't do any actions should be banned from ALL wars

18. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Awesome! On my account that was in ASW (doom) I only had 96 actions in the final. However, I had a lot of failed actions and actions pinning clanmates. I also stayed under pin for the entire war. Will my 96 successful actions on the other clan be counted alone, or in addition to my activity and actions against clanmates.

19. Not sure about this. we had bottom 100 (including me) sweeping our own clan to close leaks. i was active and mostly pinned for the full 8hrs, but my plunder/actions wont show this.

20. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Kaw_Admin
    Why set that limit, sure it eliminates some cheaters but there are some players who's job from their clan may of been to hire allies for strips and pin own teammates, this will hurt them because their did not do outgoing even though they helped a lot in their war. How will this be handled?