2012 All Star War - Results & Updates

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Sorry to persist, Kaw_Admin, but what about those "other events"? What can we expect?

2. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

I can't wait to see what sign-up procedure you will come up with next time! To be honest, I have never been so disappointed with KaW and I'm glad you're going to address this!

3. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

@kaw_admin I can't be arsed to talk about the joke that was ASW i have made my comments in other threads READ UM

4. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Can't wait until new war system is released. Will make those events very interesting

5. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Mess with the best u r kidding me right DOOM was made to win just like the winners last year!
    Question who had the moderators in their clan.....?
    Yes I'm bitter and looking for an excuse lol
    I liked the way outside hits Were not allowed and we could not hit anyone outside war
    The war time was ok but the ASW last year sorted the players out as it was so long
    2 years in a row baby GO ME
    I have some serious playing to do to get in next years one. Thanks again ATA

6. If we cannot filter players out for this on our end, we will provide a list on the forum. Admins can vouch for the players on this list and we will give them the rewards.

7. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Thank you kaw_admin! Team of HoA will gladly provide you the list of those who worked hard on plugging our careless leaks and therefor had very little actions in war but surely deserve the rewards! If you want a list of sleepers and badge hunters (aka my farming list), I can forward that to you as well

Another thing beside all flaws, please make the selection system of the roster more reasonable. It was pretty obvious, some players were hand picked for certain teams. Please make the selection system public so we have no doubt and I personally think, having a mod on EACH team can serve a great purpose to a clan.

As well as it is time to make warrior achievement levels. I'm sure it will help with making ASW rosters more competitive if players selected based on those.

All and all, thank you for ASW. Many flaws but fun to remember:)

8. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

@ kaw_admin - It would be great if the history shows more than successful actions and plunders.

I'd like to also see, enemy successful actions and types and enemy plunder generated per individual.

One can make 2 billions in war, but also can be responsible for letting the enemy make 10 billions.

9. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Your thoughts and indication to improve the Issues that we had for the ASW are much appreciated. I think that Overall the War was a success even though I wish my clan had taken home the win... Thank you

10. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Put on forums/ admins vouch??? Are u serious?? Kaw_admin, please just stop and take a breath. Your biggest mistakes come from knee-jerk reactions than are seemingly not thought out completely. Your effort to solve problems and address issues quickly is noted and appreciated, however, the unintended consequences of rash decisions can create a BIGGER mess than you originally had (see revocation of admin abilities for perfect example). I would rather wait for a good fix/decision than have a bad fix right away.

11. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Kaw_Admin, I will speak for Judgement in saying plunder/successful actions is not a good indication of the amount of participation or effort that was put forth by some of our roster. There were many selfless individuals who attempted to keep our leaker's damage to a minimum by sweeping our own roster for the good of the team. I have heard other teams experienced this as well, and do hope you take that into consideration in your determination.

Not sure how a desperate last effort by some who came on in the last two hours should be viewed/scored as who knows how much they gave up in the 6 hrs prior. If you are going to put such a list on the shoulders of the admins, I would hope you will have some parameters to guide us in our decision making. (Maybe I.e. if we could have kicked them at 4 hours would we have...)

12. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Great job guys.

You can see over the last two months, you've listened to your customers far more than what you used too, and it's awesome!

Good on you guys for attempting to fix this ASW, as it was a bit of a mess, but remember, you can only learn from your mistakes!

Props to kaw_admin, the developers, and the support team
    :)

13. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Also kaw_admin PLEASE do NOT RUSH rollout of your new warring system. PLEASE take the time you need to get your ducks in a row, and not rush a half assed system out because some are impatient.

14. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

kaw_admin, besides inactive players, perhaps it would also be useful to list the top 20 "leaks" for each war (and their leak amount) - especially since these players directly contributed to the enemy plunder (hence victory). This will automatically eliminate the pure spy leaks that plagued several of the wars. Therefore players that have a high lost count (due to suicide missions) or low win counts (due to pinning clan mates) will not be penalized. Only players that are inactive or poorly build would be flagged. This will help the admin in determining if the player deserves to lose his/her reward.

15. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

@Pizza_Kingdom
    Please stop going off topic, the answers to your question is in the other system war changes thread.

Agree with LP022, people that were going to be kicked at the 4hr mark should get noting, JIGSAW has SS of our inactives at that point.

16. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

We agree that this may be a tough task for us, in determining who is inactive. We will need the Admin's input into this, but the end goal is for us to give rewards where rewards are due. Once we have sorted out details on our end, we will be updating everyone.

17. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

I see some are keeping the ASW clans since they hold 200. Is this going to permenant?

18. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

Nope. I think in a few months all remnants will be kicked and the clans will remain showing the battle that raged for historical significance.

19. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

It is a fact that the devs can see all of a persons actions (fails or successes, against own clan or other clan, quests, build changes) I've seen the charts. So please stop worrying. If you contributed you will be fine, if you didn't...well, be worried. And this "vouch" nonsense? Knock it off! Unless you people can tell me how many quests or failed actions someone did, you are just guessing (common sense will allow for MANY correct calls, but not all may be correct). This is just asking for he said/she said arguments. And will be a disaster

20. Re: 2012 All Star War - Results

 while I can't "vouch" for the admins in the other clans I will say that in Doom the admins were on their toes making sure that our inactives were not leaking ... Wulf had a system in place for the final round that ensured all got a turn at checking for leaks and pinning them as well as taking a turn at the war targets!! And if the admins thought you were active enough not to kick you at 4 hours then I would say that is "vouching" enough

TheLady 