๐Ÿ”’ 2-Factor Authentication! ๐Ÿ”’

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ATA-Beans, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Android already started 2fa. Maybe ask them how long itโ€™s taking.

Reine_de_la_mort likes this.
  2. But yes, if it takes 1-2 extra minutes to log in it would be annoying. Thatโ€™s why new device recognition before 2fa is asked would be desirable. If always logging into same device it shouldnโ€™t ask.

3. Devs, please consider the user experience. Iโ€™m not going to repeat what others have already stated on previous posts but I will say thisโ€ฆ2FA will not solve the issue. Sure, it will reduce it due to primarily being an annoyance. Additionally, this game does not need 2FA. It needs an overhaul on aspects we, the customer, have been asking for years.

Happy KAWing? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

4. I think my 5 different email adresses what are connected to my KaW accounts r safe.

5. Over the last 8 years I've tried to update my email info because I retired, moved, changed emails, the city I live in and my street address.

Am a regular, steady player and over the last 10 years have built upmy game. This has taken a lot of time if one was to actually calculate the number of hours I've invested in this game.

To update my account info, KAW insists that I must provide details of my last purchases on the game. Well, I haven't spent a dime in the last 8 years because I'm an old fart and do not bank on my phone. So since the PC version of the was dropped by KAW, I've not been able to make purchases....unless I do it through the mobile app, which means banking on my phone.

Enter 2FA. KAW tells me that if I don't provide details of 8+year old purchases, they will not update my email, phone info. Without that info 2FA won't work for me...I'll be locked out if my account.

No problem says KAW, just submit a ticket.HOW !!!!!! IM LOCKED OUT. So I'm guessing that my days at KAW are nearing the end. All for 2FA that solves absolutely none of the issues players have been asking to have addressed.

Sadly, this rigid positioning by KAW on 2FA and account updating will likely be the death knell of the game.

CPTAMER, -DA-, IronFist and 5 others like this.
  6. RIP all my held igns and clans then lol

IronFist likes this.
  7. I have four accountss ready to retire.
    The thing is every one of my accounts have all been linked to my one purchasing address the whole time. (Even though those four were on old emails!) ***This should be obvious to them I would have thought***
    But the drama with separately putting tickets in and doing the Q&A for each is just not worth the hassle.
    If we could alter all the addresses ourselves it would have been a hell of a lot easier.
    Regardless whatever happens will happen. Less game time suits me fine.
    Rip Kaw perhaps

8. โ€œcut down on account sellingโ€

iโ€™ve never done this or considered it but these are OUR accounts and we should be allowed to do as we wish. Step back lol. Weโ€™ve given you plenty of $$$ kaw

9. Dumbest idea ever ! If your goal is to kill the game, this is a great step in that direction. smh

10. I used a fake email name because my real email I used on an alt 5 or 6 years ago I donโ€™t even know any details for anymore. and you wonโ€™t let me use that email. Make a new email is apparently the solution from support. Why tf should I have to make a new email account which I will never use??

MM--CONTROL--MM likes this.
  11. Any1 got any rizlas?

12. I don't remember my ATA password. To make a Ticket you have to give the date, down to the day, of account creation. Dude, it's been YEARS. I'll provide my bank info and Real name as proof. I didn't pay into this awesome game just to lose it all cuz of some bots and forgotten Password.

13. No idea how to do this, looks like I'm on the way out of the fame. How may more players are in the same situation?

15. Can multiple characters use one email just using different passwords?

16. Please reconsider this stupid and pointless idea ata ,cause if you donโ€™t your going to lose half your playersโ€ฆโ€ฆ..
    Iโ€™ve been playing on multiple accounts for over 10 years ,have lost most of my passwords and guess Iโ€™ll have to hang up my claws if you go ahead with 2fa

18. You really know how to get people not to play game!!!!!

IronFist and MM--CONTROL--MM like this.
  19. I been on here over ten yrs and never been promoted to moderate position?that's messed up you think

20. How frequent will authentication be? I would just like a straight up answer. Will I have to authenticate each time I log into my accounts?