Your Favourite Terry Pratchett Novel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The-Raj, Mar 12, 2015.

1. In honour of the late Sir Terry Pratchett, I have decided to make a thread based on your favourite Pratchett novel. My personal favourites are both Discworld, 'Guards Guards!' and, 'Small Gods'
    Pratchett was truly a master of the satirical and fantasy genres.
    Leave your favourite Pratchett novels below.

2. Ain't nobody got time to read dat

3. Unseen Academicals is awesome.

4. Nation was fantastic , so was good omens, the last hero, and pretty much all the other disc world novels.

5. Going postal and making money, my 2 favourite

6. Vimes and carrot together I could never get enough. I have the last few on electronic book but been online to order paper copies now. Never found a author similar - RIP a legend

7. I prefer some Michael Crichton

8. The only author in my opinion as brilliant as Pratchett is Douglas Adams.

9. Stephen King did it better

10. Night watch

12. Well as the two write very different books I'm not sure what this " better " would be.

Stephen King writes great horror and fantasy novels and some wonderful stories of humanity.
    That said his work isn't satire on the level of pratchett nor is his use of language as masterful in places.
    Both tell great stories about fantastical things but I've not felt King's had the same deep spirit as Pratchett's.

13. This is his first thread that actually makes sense CONGRATS

14. Mine too. Add Raising Steam to that list. I started reading Pratchett as a child and have read every book since Moving Pictures as soon as they were released in paperback. They just kept getting better and better.

15. Guards Guards! was the first Pratchett I ever read, and definitely my favorite. RIP to a magnificent storyteller.

16. Read 90% of series - and any book that has the luggage in it (or unseen university for that matter).

17. The dude died? Aww that sucks, I Loved His books. Commander Vimes, or more specificly the characters around Vimes has made me laugh a million times over.
    Bought Raising Steam just 2 days ago ironicly, hope I like it just as much as I did with Going Postal.
    If anyone can recommend other authors with fantasy theme and humor I would appriciate it.

18. Neil Gaiman has a similar style and wrote good omens with terry pratchett.

His books are not satire like Pratchett's but very good still.
    Robert Asprin's MYTH series is good funny fantasy too .