You are the judge. how would you rule?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Mar 11, 2015.

1. This

2. OK, a little research and one of the girls had mutilated dolls and like 60 drawings she had done of slender man..

3. Are far as kids brains and **** yea they don't think about consequences ahead of time and stuff .. Let's drive, gets in car runs someone over and kills them yes very awful but do u charge the kid with manslaughter Nd throw him in prison for 15 years? Adult drinking and driving kills someone pretty much just as illegal as the kid trying to drive runs someone over well that adult damn well knew a lot better then that kid. Kid knows don't touch car not touch car u might end up killing someone adult drinking drive could kill someone different ways of thinking about it. Kids don't fully think it out but they know better then to kill. A 12 year old is at what 75% brain development?

4. They should be put in juvey not for a specific "time" but long enough for them to be evaluated by a psychologist and receive therapy. The therapy would include things along the lines of how murder is not OK and to not believe in ghost stories/internet jokes. This would scare them straight, while not depriving them of a life yet reform them at the same time.

5. They knew it was not ok that's why they left her for dead rather then killing her out right it's also the reason they were caught so easily is bc they failed to kill her at all bc they couldn't watch her die. They knew she was alive still when they left. But they had to kill her to see the Slaughterman. so leave her for dead that can live with it better well we see how that played out for them. But they wanted to see a (fictional character) then keep their friends life that really shows a problem deep down inside them.

6. And a error of that kind isn't really fixable. They had problems to began with that character just made them show the problem at a early age that's how I'm looking at it.

7. All that time to post if you had kids your leaving them unattended they could be online. Prime example how parents cant watch there kids and what they do every minute of a day still if you demand to see what they do you cannot take that video or image out of there head.

8. My thoughts exactly. Well said.

9. Those kids are crazy. It's widely excepted 24-25 is the actual point of being fully developed mentally. Barring any drugs addictions or other set backs.

They should be diagnosed. Medicated and monitored in a psyche ward. When deemed mentally fit, and reached the proper age they should be put into a prison for 10-15 years. Or whatever they guidelines are that give a similar result.

I'm not intimate with this case. I can imagine one of them had influence over the other. That needs established and considered.

You can reach out to problem children. Everyone can try help. Yet still fail. Once a kid gets something in their head, it can be hard to change their minds.

10. They should be tried as adults and receive counseling/education in the prison system. ( this happens often) This was a planned out murder which is considered worse than one on accident or spontaneous action. If we follow precedent, ( which is normally how judges rule) there have been cases where kids killed family members or friends on accident and still been tried as adults. So this feels like a no brainer.

11. Fully support. I remember a time I called to check on my then 14 year old son who was doing an overnight. I had verified a week earlier with the hosting parents about permission and plans. A bit shocked was I when I called at 8pm on the night of to see if they needed anything before going on my way. I discovered it was a mixed company overnight. That information was never shared prior and yes, I did go get my son right then and bring him home. It is not only my right as a parent, but my obligation to protect them from harm and raise them up in the values I feel convicted of. This standard should be taught in parents 101....to bad we don't take that class during pregnancy or before birth

12. Weren't these kids trying to please a fake person called slinderman and if so these kids were not taught right from wrong or fantasy from reality

Me personally I think these kids deserve to be tried as kids but then again there was another case where a brother and sister killed their dad and his girlfriend bc they were being abused and they were like 5 and 9 they spent the last 17-20 years in jail

13. Ok those laws allow a kid to b charged as a adult in cases it's seems fit y? A 11 year old shouldn't b landed in prison for stealing a cell phone and a 17 year old shouldn't get away with robbing a bank and killing a cop. However normally older kids get charged as a adult but these kids crime was way more severe law still states they can b charges as an adult still if seen fit.

14. They knew right from wrong in this case.. They knew it was wrong but wanted to meet someone who doesn't exist in this case. Later on they may want a job and kill the person who has it then try to get it? Either way they did what they knew was wrong to get something they wanted and in this case it was murder. They even ran away afterwards lol

15. As regards to watching a child's every move.
    As a parent yes you can monitor them most if the time.
    Teachers should be doing a lot of the monitoring as well.
    When they are not in your care directly, you should of taught them to deal appropriately with idiots that will expose them to things that they will be confronted with.
    Moose ( stop making me defend him) did not say totally blame the parents.
    He said they should be largely there for their children. He said their must be accountability.
    And he is 100% correct.
    Discipline starts at home.
    It is the parents JOB to protect and teach their children. To teach them right from wrong.
    Now as a parent and substitute teacher I can honestly say this.
    When I look at 30 kids and the homes they come from, even though many are under 10 I can tell you as any teacher could who will be trouble.
    Who are the ones that will disrupt the class. Who will start fights.
    Who will do it for attention.
    Who is doing it because they are crying out for attention they don't get at home.
    Who will disrupt or do all the above because they are bored due to the lack of challenge to themselves in the class.
    But also above all you can always tell the spiteful child who is a constant threat.
    But what scares me on the occasions I am in front of a class is none of those things.
    It's the child with the glazed over look, the one you cannot get through to. The ones that need that extra help. The ones that don't engage in any activity. I've seen 7 year olds slash their wrists. 10 year olds on psyche wards and rage fits against parents that only take the word of a stranger or different person to calm that child down.
    I have seen neglectful, disrespectful immature parents. The ones who still argue over who out of the parents can stand where in the playground waiting to collect their children.
    Honestly if I had my way. Half the children would be taken into care. So many parents have no clue as to how to be a parent.
    I have 6 year olds in my class that have TVs, Xboxes and I pads and phones in their bed rooms.
    They play god knows what while their parent (often singular ) is downstairs ignoring them.
    As a substitute teacher that works at the school rarely I have limited options and have to be diplomatic. But as a parent. I am totally disgusted every day.
    If you cannot monitor your child's actions. If you cannot give your child the attention, love and time to nurture them to become a stable human being you have no right being a parent. When you chose to have a child. You chose them. Not your life. They come first always. Constructively as part of a family.

16. But they still wanted to meet someone who didn't exist. If that is actually true. That's not exactly knowing right from wrong is it?

Once reality set in. Blood, someone dying, the fact they just stuck someone 19 times. I'm sure their perception did change.

If they can go through a lengthy prison term in a general population setting. After deemed mentally fit to serve that time in a facility such as a prison. We have to take into account inmate safety. If they can do that time with out shanking someone, maybe they will be for society.

17. It reminds me of satanist, and people doing cult rituals. They tried to give a human sacrifice for slender man.

That's how I would judge this case. I would use precedent set by past cases where the victim was being used as a sacrifice. I would try them as a adults, with age considered at sentencing.

That's it.

Demon Spawn. Victims of a satanic Hollywood cabal. And I want a movie deal.

18. In America if they choose to try them as juveniles they can do time til they are 21 if the crime is harsh (it is) and put them in intense rehab and therapy. These girls have no reasoning abilities (slender man is real?) which shows them to be very immature.
    Adult facilities would ruin these girls for life.

I would try them as juveniles, put their tender asses in an intense program til they are 21 and order therapy as a probation requirement for a few more years.

19. The girl who was stabbed didn't die, so it was attempted murder, I read more on this story and learned that the girls had been given the electronics that they researched slender man by the school. So, should the school be in fault for not monitoring what these children looked up on their devices? I feel like these girls were in the fault and should be trailed as adults, but I also feel as if they could plead insanity too because they thought that killing her would be correct.

Just my insight on the matter

20. This has nothing to do with "Americans" you moron. It has to do with two stupid kids.