Wrath of the Sveruganti - New High Level EB Series

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, May 6, 2015.

1. They are rolling out spy quests soon

2. I was simply using Kezzer's argument back at him.

When did they cut plunder on ASOF? Or LOTL? There was a plunder change for a few hours and then it reverted back.

Both those ebs already have excellent gold in comparison to every other eb. By a mile.

For the millionth time, I am not against a new eb. I think releasing it now is the wrong time. Particularly when devs seem to be trying to make adjustments to mechanics. What else would you like with your new eb? Trillions for everyone? 3k event drops? Who cares if that unbalances the game further?

So many more important things the devs could be doing right now rather than release an eb that 5 clans will be able to hit. I think there are other things that take precedence atm. Now that the devs are finally having an appearance in the game, I think their time would be more valuable in improving the game for the majority.

Again, this is only my opinion. I've said this several times already. Seem to have to keep my repeating myself though.

I'll say it one more time: I understand why you believe a new eb is needed. I understand, to an extent, why it is needed. I don't believe they should never release another eb. However I think now is not the time. I understand your side and where you're coming from. I don't think you understand mine however.

3. Well honestly if you want to be like that then you just look pathetic. The point I was making is that there are already mid sized ebs in place that follow the tier system. As you progress through the tiers and levels you see harder and harder ebs with increased payouts. If this new eb is released it will add another level of progression which over time benefits everyone and honestly there's a large amount of players and clans now that are able to complete ASOF and LOTL so unless they increase the bar dramatically this change will benefit more than 1 or 2 clans. Honestly if the devs released a new mid tier eb series and they took over a year to release the next part of it I can guarantee there would be small players crying in the forums about it.

4. I use your argument to make a point just like you did, but I look pathetic? As always, a discussion can't happen without someone slinging personal insults at some point. Well done.

I'll reiterate my point because clearly it wasn't understood. I was trying to say that things go both ways and different groups of players need updates as well. A new tier of eb always benefits the same group. A certain amount of time elapsing between updates isn't a good enough reason to release the next part.

Now I will say this AGAIN. I believe the next eb should be released at some point. However I BELIEVE now is the wrong time. Which has been MY POINT the WHOLE TIME.

How many times do I have to repeat myself? I've acknowledged your arguments the whole time. I even agree with you that there should be a new eb. I'm trying to point out there are more important things that need attention in MY OPINION. I don't want to 'deprive' you of a new and more difficult eb. Not at all. But is it really the most important thing the devs could be working on?

I respect your opinion, honestly I do. However I'm trying to consider the bigger picture. The point I'm trying to illustrate is that there are bigger areas in KaW that need work. Again, this has been my point all along. The point was never that you should never ever get another eb.

They have to release it at some point to continue the series. Given the devs current presence in the game though and their attempt at trying to work on mechanics, it seems their priorities lie else where and I believe that they should.

Also, given the release of this tinker gem, I reckon the new eb is on its way. They said it would be during this event unless something horrible happens. I imagine the mechanic change failure put a hold on it. Seems like it's in the works though. I simply disagree at the release of it soon. Where as you don't. This is the whole point of a discussion. We converse with each other and share differing opinions. That's how we learn about each others point of view. How boring it would be if we agreed all the time.

5. The whole reason I said you looked pathetic is because you drew a counter argument from a point that was never there. It made you look like you were clutching at straws just to try and maintain your ground. I also agree this isn't the right time for them to release the eb. It should've been released a few months ago shortly after the new lands were released when people were making the hardest ebs look like nothing.

I agree that the devs should be working on mechanics however how hard can it be to create a new eb? The hardest thing about it is finding the difficulty and reward balance. The other parts should be pretty straight forward so in reality it shouldn't take too much time away from the dev team and they should have plenty of time to work on balance within the game.

6. I wasn't clutching at straws. My point was valid. All size players deserve updates. A new eb benefits the same group of players every time. A player of your size has a couple ebs to hit. A player of my size has a couple of ebs to hit also. We all have access to the 40 or however many there are. Though we realistically we'd only hit 4 of those ebs at max. Roughly speaking. Therefore your argument goes both ways. You have adequate ebs to hit and so do I.

I don't think designing the new eb will be difficult in itself. I think finding balance will be difficult. Devs have displayed constantly that their updates lack testing. The jump from AFF to ASoF was a very very big one. And it was within the same tier. LOTL was even worse though it's a new tier so it made more sense. These ebs also saw the release of 1.4k items drops. That's 3x the max of any other eb. Very disproportionate to the rest of the game. I think finding balance will be difficult for the devs. And I'd wanna make sure they got it right before releasing it.

7. Rugs we get and respect your opinion that it is not the right time to release a new top tier Eb.

However the opinion of those in the higher clans and by that I mean at least top 100 clans or more (1000+ players: 10%+ of all population and probably most active), who are trying to save 7T for one upgrade, believe that waiting 15 months after lotl is the right time for a new Eb.

It will be hear soon, maybe even today and we look forward to its launch, and those medium tier players can work towards it as we have all done over the years of endless tapping.

Everone has a nice day and great weekend ;)

8. :lol:

9. If you're going to use statistics in your argument, please ensure you're actually right. Considering none of us have access to such information, it only weakens your argument. :) Just a tip :lol:

I know the LB clans will be satisfied with a new eb. I am too! A chance to make some extra gold is always good. 17T to max a build is a lot :lol: It's good to have something to work towards also.

I only hope the release of the new eb isn't disproportionate or unbalance the game further. I hope the devs think and test properly before it's released. And that the devs continue to make updates and improvements to the game.

Thank you btw, I welcome discussion and have enjoyed the chat sharing our different opinions. This is how the game will move forward, through listening and acknowledging each other.

10. Then please be positive, and make a new player guide. Quit being such a Debbie Downer on almost every thread. I hear no positive or good direction from you.

I am a 1 yr player. I started with 'new player package'. I haven't spent $1 on this game (sorry devs lol), and feel that my relative very inactive acct has done awesome with amount of time spent on kaw, when I'm on. YES, I'm still small, but am having fun. KEY WORDS - HAVING FUN at my stats.
    And yes, I can hit AFF attack actions with little fails to full unload.

11. Thanks for this positive post. As said by devs long ago, and more recently, NEW EB IS COMING. So what is all the complaining? It's a done deal. It's going to be released. Do all of you whining about it, coming up with all these in depth convos about why this new EB is the DEATH OF KAW (yes, my exaggeration of the point), think this will change the new EB coming out? Really? I just see a bunch of ppl (IA Ruggy) blowing hot air and trying to fight something that can't be changed. Just shut up please. You have made your MANY points. Now put on your big boy pants, and play nice with the other children please.
    Thank you Ruggy

12. Where you just quoted me, I was being honest. And it's the truth. All the gold in KaW doesn't make a difference to a new player who doesn't understand the game. I'm sorry you view honesty as being negative. My comment doesn't mean I think new players should not bother. It was a response to the mentality that new players get a lot of help now. We'll that help is only relevant if they know what they're doing. So who again, was being negative? Which comment provides more direction? The one who brushes off new players because they 'have so much now'? Or the one who is being realistic? I'd say mine provided more good direction.

The fact that I haven't made a guide doesn't mean I'm not a positive player. I keep an eye on WC and forums and try to help new players where I'm able. I've helped with newer clans on more than one occasion.

Once again, my opinion is just that - my opinion. I'm a blunt and honest person. If you don't like that, bad luck. Don't confuse bluntness and honesty for being negative. I have a harsher outlook than most people. Being sunshine's and buttercup doesn't make an opinion anymore valuable. I call it as I see it.

Forums is for discussion and sharing opinions. I'm entitled to mine and you are entitled to yours. My outlook is different to most people. Just because I don't agree with something, doesn't mean I have 'no good direction'.

An idea is useless if everyone agrees with it. That doesn't allow for improvements. The game and ideas will improve by players challenging each other and providing opposing views. By sharing alternatives.

I'm glad you're having fun on the game and I hope you continue to do so.

13. I never said the new eb should never be released. Just it should be released later on. Again, forums is just for having a discussion and sharing opinions.

We're each entitled to our own.

14. Your opinion is crap. Just like mine and the 10k plus ppl who want the EB is. 1 vs 10k+. Hmmmm. Yes, you are soooooooo relevant with the devs game plan. Thanks for your support. Go play SMASH.

15. Ruggy- "you lumped all new players into 1 group, and labeled us. WRONG MOVE. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt You def have a right to your opinion, and know it is just that. When you post it, that leaves you open to others opinions who may not agree. Yes this is an open discussion, but one persons opinion does not become the way it is. You constantly seem to think your ramblings over the same topics over and over will make change. That is what is annoying. Please contact support@athinkingape.com with all these complaints, not forums. You- are an idiot who speaks only for your own self. Shut up in forums please on this subject, as you have no idea of what MANY others like here, and we dont complain in forums. email devs is your friend (at least for us from you).

16. It was a general comment and pretty logical conclusion to come to.

Good. That's the whole point of a discussion. I acknowledged every ones opinions who didn't agree and totally see where they are coming from.

Precisely. That's why it's called an opinion. Similarly, your opinion does not become the way it is.

Incorrect. I do not make the assumption that what I say will have a massive impact. However saying nothing will certainly not make a change.

Making an argument personal is a sign that the argument has already been lost. I am more than happy to hear what you have to say. But if you can't keep it to the topic, don't bother.

How is it exactly that I am thinking only for myself? Because I'm considering KaW as a whole? Or because I don't agree with you?

I have a question for you. Are the people who all want a new eb which only benefits a MINORITY also only thinking of themselves or does this only apply to me because I don't agree? Is everyone else on this thread only thinking for them self too? Or just me for having a differing opinion?

Right now, you are the one complaining and are providing no positive feedback on the matter. I provided the reasoning behind my opinions just as others have who disagreed with me. I respect that. I acknowledge the arguments against my opinion. In fact I agree with them, partly.

What I don't respect is someone entering into a conversation, making it personal and throwing around insults. You are complaining at the moment. Not me. Calling people idiots who are trying to make a contribution isn't a positive contribution either.

The fact that I disagree with most here doesn't make me an idiot. It means I have a different outlook on the matter.

17. A complete revision of their game Smash with new Monsters and other features for attaining them and growth but can't even release a single eb here that's been ready for months.
    Sign of the times remember GAW and FC.

18. No panic for a new eb.

19. Really? I don't play SMASH. How frequent are their updates and new features?