Wrath of the Sveruganti - New High Level EB Series

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, May 6, 2015.

1. How about the one unload, max drops problem? That isn't an imbalance?

This is irrelevant unless the new player knows how to use their gold efficiently. All the gold in KaW and all the stepping stones do not matter unless a new player knows how the game works. Most of them don't I'd say.

I wouldn't use this line of reasoning to justify a new eb. New, small and mid players get very little. The bigger CS players are favored constantly. It's great players are getting rewarded for BC however plunder is their due. Not u balanced reward system.

This is partly true. However it shouldn't be the case where someone hits 60 times and get max drops while someone hits 500 and doesn't. That is an imbalance and totally unfair.

Incorrect again.

Do you recall when ASOF and LOTL came out? I do. How many clans could hit it at the beginning? 3? 4? For weeks the eb was restricted to a small group of clans. Even now, there are so many clans (again, not referencing new clans) that haven't reached LOTL let alone ASOF.

You wanna know why? I can speak from experience in my own clan because plenty of accounts leave to hit ASoF and LOTL instead of sticking around and helping their 'home' clan get there. Again, mid sized builds and clans are left behind. This is because the devs decided to triple the amount of items possible in an eb.

The exact same thing is going to happen upon the release of a new eb. For weeks, there'll be a handful of clans that can run it. Every other clan will suffer while people run off to hit it. No doubt the eb will reward stupid amounts of gold and event items compared to everything else.

Incentive to grow :lol: If it follows the strength of LOTL, we'll need to be probably 200M CS at least to make more than a dent.

Again, the devs will be excluding the majority of the game while the provide even more benefits to a select few unnecessarily.

There are so many more important things the devs could do that could benefit a larger scale than a new eb. ASoF and LOTL still payout 1.4k items and great gold.

All it does is widen the gap unnecessarily, unbalance the game further, increase inflation and hurts clans. That outweighs the need for a new eb to satisfy LB clans.

Yes there'll be xtals bought from a select few who probably buy a tonne anyway.

Once again, another example of the precise mentality of some players (and devs) that is wrong with this game.

Profit does not equal excellent game.

2. You just proved one point I make ppl leaving the your clan for the harder eb's to get the gold from it to grow.That will always happen if they are big enough to go out and hit the larger eb's they are losing ground because they are too big for the eb's being run thereby losing gold.

3. You have an excellent ability to bypass all the points I make! :lol:

Yes it will always happen. So why provide another reason to hurt clans? What happened to clan loyalty? Every update the devs make make it less and less likely that players stick around to help their clans. A new eb certainly won't be improving that.

4. Because the people in your clan that leave for the bigger ebs want it too. Stop thinking of yourself. (and you clearly are by this comment)

Plus is is hardly like a new eb comes out often, 15 months! It is wanted and needed by many loyal long-term kaw players. For once give them something

After 5 years playing this game you should be way bigger. Maybe you are not that active or perhaps avoiding difficult ebs has held you back, don't hold your friends back too

(and before you say it, I have not spent a penny on this game)

5. How am I thinking of myself by expecting players to have some loyalty? I could go hit ASoF and LOTL anytime I wanted to make more gold. However I am more interested in helping my home clan achieve those goals. A concept lost to many players today. How selfish of me. How selfish of me to expect players to have some loyalty to their clan and help their friends instead of running off for something better. The selfish part is players abandoning their own home clans for their immediate benefit. This happens on every release of a premium and new eb. They weren't really loyal in the first place. But KaW hardly promotes loyalty these days.

My point was that if those players had remained instead of being selfish themselves, there'd be more clans able to run ASOF and LOTL.

And for once give them something? :lol: The 1.4k unbalanced event drops isn't enough? One unload, max drops isn't enough? Every new eb release is catered towards the bigger CS players, that isn't enough?

I can understand why some players want a new eb and I can understand why it is somewhat needed. However I believe there are more important and valuable things the devs could put their time and effort to. Which was my point all along.

Also, don't make assumptions of my play time or build size. I don't know you and you don't know me. None of this is relevant to the conversation.

6. Look I do hear you and I get it. However the bottom line is that you would prefer others not to have something new, Whereas I'm saying don't discriminate against those that do.

7. Incorrect.

Where do I say I don't want others to have something new? I don't. That is not the bottom line and you have misunderstood my point. I'm saying that something new like this is not needed at the moment. I think new features are great. However there are more important new features that should take precedence.

Discrimination is the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people. How am I doing that? By pointing out devs could put their time towards something more useful because it benefits the majority of the player base instead of the minority? Everyone who wants a new eb has plenty of advantages already. Yet I'm discriminating against you because I'm considering the whole game? Right...Never once have I said I don't want the LB to receive updates. I just don't think it's needed right at this moment.

I suppose every update that caters towards the LB players/clans isn't discriminating against the rest of the player base though?

There are two sides to every coin. At the moment, the devs favour one side considerably over the other. Another eb will continue to do that, meanwhile hurting the rest of the player base.

I am not saying they should never ever release the next eb in the series. I think they should at some point. However I don't believe now is the right time. Certainly not when (it appears) devs are trying to make improvements to game mechanisms. These sorts of improvements are more important. As are improvements to PvP and war.

It's about considering KaW as a whole and what is the most beneficial. The devs have failed to do this for a long time. A new eb will benefit a minority at the expense of the majority. Of course we all want more gold, who doesn't? However I'm saying to consider the whole game, not just the LB clans.

8. Wow, you need to read your own posts and listen to other peoples needs. And not what you want other people's opinions to be.

9. *sigh* I wish people would take the time to read responses properly and understand it before commenting.

I am not telling you what your opinion should be on this topic or what I want it to be. I am telling you what my opinion is. We don't have to agree with each others. This is what happens in a conversation . We discuss things with each other and share differing opinions .

I completely understand what you are saying and where you are coming from. I do not think you have to agree with me. I'm not telling you what you should think. I am showing the opposing side of this discussion which is my opinion . We're each entitled to one. The difference is you're having a go at me telling me I'm not listening when all I'm trying to do is explain what I think on this topic.

I welcome disagreements and the chance to challenge each other. Simply because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm trying to tell you what you think or I don't understand your needs. I understand it completely. I'm saying the devs should have other priorities. Which is my opinion. Again, we don't have to agree. How boring it would be if we all agreed all the time :lol:

So yes, I do understand where you are coming from and I do agree there should be a new eb at some point to satisfy the LB clans. However I believe the timing is wrong for a number of reasons which I'm not going to repeat because I've already explained a million times only to be told I'm discriminating and not paying attention to others people's needs.

I've actually acknowledged several times I understand why a new eb is needed.

10. Well said Ruggy...

11. I agree with your comments ruggy  why can't the new eb be achievable to most instead of the top few

12. Honestly the new eb needs to be harder than lotl but only by around 10-20%. If they make it too easy there's no point in it being a hard series however make it too hard and you create the same issues we had with the asof and lotl release.

13. I would like to know why can't we have a new eb series at the mid level ???

14. You dont need one, haunt/hte is the best for your size

15. The whole point is so we have an EB that is better, or just different equip EBs at the mid level.

16. The whole point is you don't need new mid tier ebs as they already have them in place and equip ebs are pointless with event equipment being better.

17. The whole point is why can't mids have a different eb too? Don't we all get bored doing the same thing? Lotl got so dull so quick because what's next bar? Ohh wait another attack and assassinate ! Why bother bringing a new eb out at all? Just increase plunder on the current ones! That's all anyone really wants, cause the equipment ain't worth having anyway as u say kezzer!

18. In that case you don't need a new eb either. There's already some in place.

19. Remove eb equipment, replace with silver bar drops and up the payout of mid Ebs.
    Make the difficulty continue to scale with monetary bonuses to make clans work up the scale and still get reasonable rewards

20. So 38 of the 41 eb's availiable for the smalls' and bigs with 2 for the lge and bc players to hit without losing plunder.I'd say that the next Sveruganti eb is needed.
    There's lots of choices for growth in those 38,and with the attempted rebalance our 2 was cut down to one where we didn't lose plunder