World Chat Speakers

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Mark, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. While possible, for those who may not have a backlog of speakers this would double the price of announcements. The goal is to get people to use speakers to chat more, not to hoard onto them, so we're trying this out and will see how it goes.

2. I'm looking forward to this. There will definitely be more ads, but hopefully the entire chat volume will increase along with it. Definitely appreciate you trusting the community to try such changes!

3. Honestly, I dunno if ads will even increase. Like, the limiting factor on ads always seemed to me to be the spam rule more than the number of speakers. I'm hoping people will just talk more, and advertise the same amount.

Pf.course, as wc becomes more.active, people will want to advertise more, so it'll probably cancel out. I'm hopeful though.

4. Wow, this might be the biggest change this game has ever seen. Not even sarcasm.

5. I think the introduction of clans was probably a bigger game changer. Also epic battles make it pretty different, as did the introduction of mithril putting the final nail in plunder wars.

6. One of the first times ive seen a thread be made, dev notice it, and actually do something about right then and there...

*slowclap*

7. I'd agree that clans were a bigger game changer. But considering how long this speaker limit has been in place, this is bigger in general. Not so much a game changer, but when you consider how set in stone this has been, it adds a level of surprise to it.

8. It was a valid arguement. Their motto has always been about creating a social platform for their users. If this helps people be more socialable, then why not give it a try?

9. Good job devs, this I feel is a worthwhile update. Thx

10. Awesome idea!!! Now I can talk more trash to my opponents before I smash them to pieces. Bwahahahahaaaa!!!!

11. Well done devs. Now I get to trash my enemies pride twice as much each day!! Yay!

12. Fair points. I guess it's the difference between "bigger changes" and "surprising changes".

13. Expect your revenues to drop... I'm your greatest purchaser of speakers

IF ONLY I WASN'T SILENCED

14. YES I LOVE YOU MARK

15. Shouldn't have been bad.

The drop will be minimal. Paying to talk in world chat isn't as useful as it was. Clan chat and private chat killed it.

A bump to speaker regen doesn't harm you either. You spend less on speakers and more on things that will grow your kingdom.

Edit: I forgot, you're silenced. What do you care?

16. Okay I see. Thank you. :)

17. Support 

18. Hi grant. Thank you for adressing the speaker issue.

I believe what the community is looking for is the ability to sustain a longer free conversation in World chat. To do this the free speaker cap must be raised.

I suggest raising the cap to 75, keep the 5 speaker regen and have speakers drop from premium ebs at a constant rate and any eb that drops aqua and inferno at the same rates as aqua and inferno

19. *cough* I think you mean Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.