Will the UK stay in the EU?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nathan_WINNING, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Forums suck without me

2. How exactly UN had them enslaved?

3. As an Ulster unionist I can say it is not a price that should have to be paid, and the effects this could of had in Northern Ireland should of been thought about long and hard before any referendum too place. However, the chances of a United Ireland ever happening anyway is very slim but if it does I believe unionists will imitate Edward Carson's strategy for fighting home rule. The day a referendum wins for a united Ireland, unionists will establish a provisional government in Northern Ireland and the UVF will be rearmed and trained like a proper army. This training is most likely to be given by the British army regiments in Northern Ireland who will most likely support the provisional government, giving them an already highly trained and extremely armed army who will be training more troops in the thousands.

The situation in Ireland hasn't been this delicate since the Home Rule crisis over 100 years ago, this has the potential to make the troubles look small in comparison.

4. Obviously you know more about the area than I do. What I know about Northern Ireland is only what I've read during the time on different books or newspapers. Don't you think that the EU membership was in reality the answer for Northern Ireland issue? Northern Ireland being united with Ireland via EU but still be part of UK this making both republicans and unionists if not happy at least with an acceptable situation?

5. There is no real answer for the issue, but it was the best compromise between nationalists and unionists. Even without the EU Ireland and the UK had a free movement deal. One that both Ireland and the UK want to keep in place, the trouble is that every member of the EU will have to agree for them to keep it. Then there's also the issue of having to control the border to make sure it's actually Irish citizens travelling into the UK and not some European immigrant. Lastly there's the issue of citizenship, currently Northern Irish citizens can choose if they want to be British or Irish citizens. Nobody is sure how that is going to work if the UK is out of the EU.

It's a delicate situation, one that can be handled rightly through many months of negotiations but it would take full cooperation from the Northern Irish parties, the British government and the EU. If they don't handle it right then I see civil war being the only end result.

6. I love left wing idiots, look the result didn't go our way....lets make an online petition.

The late mail is, there's at least 77,000 signatures that are invalid/fraudulent, on this petition, probably a lot more.

From current news sources.

7. The petition was started by a right wing person that thought the vote would go against the leave campaign.
    May have people signing from the left now. But the idiot that started it.
    Erm yeah. Doesn't really work as an insult when the winners started it before the vote even took place. 

8. EU will fold. 4 other countries are wanting out . France is a possible 5th.

9. Whoever started it, it's irrelavent anyway, you can't retrospectively apply legislation to previous outcomes.

10. Nobody ask for an retrospective applying of legislation. Some guys just want a referendum. For whatever reason.

11. Nah...those newspapers didn't claimed there's fraudulent signatures. They just pointed that there's some signature from whole world. But as I said this doesn't actually prove anything. One can use a VPN, or maybe the incognito option of Google Chrome. And anyway its easy to check those signatures.

12. Actually some newspapers have reported that its being investigated for fraud

13. Of course an investigation must be done. But until the investigation is not coming with a result is misleading to say that 77k of signatures are fraudulent. Don't get me wrong...personally I think the "oh!we lost!Let's have another try!" of remain camp it's stupid. If one didn't bothered to go to vote, well, bad luck. But on the other hand I can understand if some leave voters feel cheated today and they'd want to vote based on what they learned past days.

14. That actually works both ways. With the threats that have come from junckers and some of the Eurozone some remain voters would be equally entitled to feel escaping the grasp of the new dictatorship is worth paying.
    The majority of leave voters don't care about the economic turbulence.
    They have the right to vote for a government of their choice to lead their nation forward now.
    And to them that's more than worth a few years of hardship.
    A viewpoint that considering the threats coming from Europe must be fully respected.

When the leader of 500 million States that 65 million must be forced to suffer to ensure his control. There is undoubtedly something rotten with democracy.

Personally as I have always stated. This referendum was not prepared for and it should have been done with an exit deal on the table for all to see.

It wasn't.
    Better or worse we are out.
    As far as the EU goes. Without a change of leadership and a far better deal that represents the national security needs of every member state not just Britain, there is no point in calling for a second referendum.

Junckers actions are currently causing far more people to want the same right to choose their own destiny.

15. That's exactly what Junker wants. To voice of people to be listened and the trigger for art. 50 to be pushed right away. How is this not democratic?

16. I've seen people saying "They want us OUT! They hate us!" Is it not what you want? Why wait?

-Babe, I want to divorce!
    -Ok! Let's do it!
    -OMG! Why do you hate me so much?

17. Perhaps because you as a migrant tell people what they should and shouldn't want in their own nation.
    Perhaps that's why they hate you.
    Just a guess.
    And Junckers wants a dictatorship not a democracy. If you can't see that you are blind.

18. Well...first of all I never said how one should vote. I was just part of a debate. Some american players was also part of it. As about the "migrant" part, both campaigns used me during referendum campaing. LEAVE campaign claimed I'm a burden for UK, REMAIN campaign claimed I'm very needed here. So I'm totally entitled to express my opinions on the matter.

19. You're crackers. You're saying if a reunification referendum were passed the British government would ignore it and train terrorists to fight Ireland? You know how mental you sound.

This isn't the troubles. The British army wouldn't collude with loyalist terrorists. And if there's a united Ireland all of those loyalists terrorists would be thrown in jail. Ireland would be in control. A few scum bags from run down estates can't do much. They wouldn't have the British helping them as they did during the troubles

A united Ireland is a certainty in the future. A question of if not when. There is currently still a slight Unionist majority. Now NI is out of the EU the amount of money they will lose won't be replaced by London. They already cost London a fortune. Hard times are coming to NI and this will increase support for a united Ireland. And once the reunification referendum is activated it is run every 7 years after that up until a unified Ireland.

You're an enormous idiot. Saying the British government will arm and train a terrorist group to fight against the will of a referendum of which they initiated THEMSELEVES. Seek help you twisted billy boy. Bai

20. I wouldn't count on that barcode. They already did it in Syria so why not in Northern Ireland. Moreover...those unionist could be considered a militia and not a terrorist group making it perfect legit to be trained and armed.