Will Science Someday Rule Out the Possibility of God?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by llxXXxll__PAPA-RIDZ__llxXXxll, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Did Albert Einstein believe in God? Many religious theists cite Einstein as an example of a smart scientist who was also a religious theist like them. This supposedly rebuts the idea that science conflicts with religion or that science is atheistic. However, Albert Einstein consistently and unambiguously denied believing in personal gods who answered prayers or involved themselves in human affairs - exactly the sort of god common to religious theists claiming that Einstein was one of them.

1. Albert Einstein: God is a Product of Human Weakness

The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.

Letter to philosopher Eric Gutkind, January 3, 1954

2. Albert Einstein

2. Einstein was a German Jew, was he not?

3. I thought he was agnostic.... Anyways never like the guy but I agree on that quote

4. I'm amused by the discussions... Thank u for making me smile. :)

5. The problem is not with us there a god but the definition of LIFE

The only life we know us what is on earth and is characterized by characteristics that people agree with.

For example is a virus living or non-living?

For most scientist viruses are non-living protein change because they do not meet the requirements

On the other hand some believe they are living because they use a host environment to replicate (reproduce).

So in order for this question to be answered we need to view life in a different meaning with different classifications.

6. Science has already proven the existence of 'god'

7. Science has not proven or disproven that there is a god

8. @magee This is where you dont get science. You said that You dont believe that world is only 12000yrs old. According to theory of relativity, time is a totally relative concept. An event that happens in 1hr for someone can happen in a different time for someone else. And here is the beauty of Quran. In Quran Allah says my one day is not equal to your one day.

9. I agree with machine gun quad. One day science will prove god.

10. Science will prove God one day

11. Science has already hinted to the existence of a deity; God as we know it.

The big bang theory suggests "Nothing" exploded into something, which makes no sense at all as nothing is... nothing...

This does not prove that God exists however, it suggests that something must of have triggered this: since matter can not be created nor destroyed; it must be the work of something that controls so much more then we can understand...

I hope i was able to explain my point sufficiently, Good day!

12. Haha , what a lame topic by yahoo . Probably if science tries to become god , it will perish because GOD can do anything and he knows what will be going to happen.

13. God will never be overtaken by science because God created science and every single thing that exists. You've just got to get that in your mind.

14. Or maybe you're a brainwashed moron who has been told from birth that there's a almighty being, and therefore believe it. Just got to get that out of your mind.

15. Well, if you are Christian (don't know if anyone here is but decided to start from here) certain ideas by The Bible were taken from mythology

16. Btw I'm not saying tht I believe that science one day will show that God doesn't exist

17. TROLL seems to be a communist , you will think that way because you don't have the proper knowledge :-B

18. And you do? I wouldnt consider proper knowledge to be hopping on a 2000 year old bandwagon because you cant comprehend something.

19. Communist? So people who think freely are communists? Why are you religious? Because your parents were. Why are they? Because their parents were. Grow up and stop believing in fairytales.

20. Oh I see , science hasn't found the treatment of AIDS , Cancer and can do nothing against Global warning so what do you expect ? There are only certain advancements to improve the life of people but not that it has become god or will become so . :geek: