Whats your favorite book?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Disabled, Oct 9, 2014.

1. I didnt know warm bodies was a book. I loved the movie.

2. Eragon series 4 suuure

3. 1984 by George Orwell

It is a fantastic piece of literature. It really makes you think about the world around you.

4. All the Michael Crichton books (google how many of them were made into movies).. Then Thomas Harris with the Hannibal books, (so much better than the movies)... Hunter S Thompson is always a good read... And someone already mentioned at the Ender series.. Mhmmm I love those books... And of course there's all the classics, too many to name!!!!

Personal favourites from when I was a kid were The Thief of Always by Clive Barker, The Outsiders by SE Hinton, and anything by Shel Silverstein.. I'm going to read a book tonight when I get home 

5. Gotta love the Harry Potter series. Lord of the Rings is good, and Tom Clancy does really good war books. (Am I the only one who doesn't like the hunger games? The first book is good, the second book is ok, but I think the last book was terrible. It just wasn't engaging.)

6. Favorite book growing up was The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. Don't really have a favorite book anymore. I'll read just about anything. Read a lot of King lately. Recently read under the dome it was pretty good but the ending was completely crap.

Agree with the guy above me that the third hunger games book sucked.

7. I love many that have been mentioned, Hunger Games, Eragon, Harry Potter, all of Rick Riordan's novels, all of Terry Pratchett's work, David Eddings Belgariad and Malorian.

I don't think I could pick an actual favorite book, author, or genre as I have eclectic tastes.

8. Have to say 1984 and Brave New World were interesting reads, even if they were terrifying in some respects. Some of the books I would read again if I had the time would be the Inheritance Series (eragon,) Potter, The Maze Runner (read it yesterday, mad good,) Lord of the Flies (another provocative book for me,) and the Pendragon series. (All I can think of now though, lol.) if you want a non fiction book that expands your horizons, i would recommend blink by gladwell and predictably Irrational by ariely. Mad interesting and practical, and not too dense reads.

9. Green eggs and ham by Dr Suess. The rhymes keep coming, the adventure surrounding that. Real fast was epic and the ending was completely unexpected. Highly recommended

10. Damn new meyboard. The adventure surrounding that breakfast was epic*

11. The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan finished by Brandon Sanderson. Best fantasy series.

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. Awesome mini cyberpunkish sci-fi with mythological ties.

Dune series by Frank Herbert. Amazing well thought out deep sci-fi. Only the Frank Herbert original 6. His sons and Kevin J. Anderson's doesn't measure up.

A Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. This series is hands down the best active fantasy series currently written by the best current fantasy author. There is no disputing this.

Use of Weapons by Iain M. Banks - This guys sci-fi stuff is awesome. This is his best.

Vernor Vinge - A Deepness in the Sky - This is awesome sci-fi Also.

Most Robert Heinlein books. This guy is awesome.

The Forever War (and series) - Military Sci-fi written by a Vietnam veteran. Enough said.

The Silmarillion - J.R.R Tolkien love the Hobbit and LoTR series but this book trumps them for me. Watching the history and creation of MiddleEarth and it's universe is beyond epic.

12. The Lords of the Underworld; Alien Huntress; Interwined; Angels of the Dark; Otherworld Assassins; Teen Alien Huntress- by Gena Showalter
    Dark (series) - by Christine Feehan
    The Mortal Instruments; The Infernal Devices- by Cassandra Clare
    Artemis Fowl - by Eoin Colfer
    Covenant - by J.L.Armentrout

13. Vonnegut, Assimov, Adams, Clancy, Lewis, Tolkien, Einstein, Homer, Dickens, Keiller, Encyclopaedia Brittanica, Bible in Aramaic, the list of ingredients on the back of a cheesecake box.

14. Anything by Theodore Geisel.

15. The squirrel that lost his nuts. Richard Fowler. Lol

16. The Stranger by Albert Camus (Philosophical Novel)

Work, Consumerism and the New Poor by Zigmunt Bauman (Socioeconomic)

Obedience to Authority by Stanley Milgram (Psychology Thesis)

17. Ooh and, The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Saligner

18. My favourite series are: The Dark Tower Works by Steven King, and A Tale Of The Three Worlds by Ian Irvine.

19. Anything by Ryu Murakami, particularly 'Almost Transparent Blue' and 'In The Miss Soup'. Loving Japanese authors atm

20. *miso damn autocorrect