We should have Mages as a third!!!

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Xerxes300, Jun 22, 2012.

1. We have spies and soldiers of two units we should have Mages with wizardy spells. Spies 4,500 and Soldiers 2,000 and Mages 500 for example. It will make an interesting game in improving strategy.

Xerxes300
    Owner of Athena's Warriors of Athens

2. Sounds much more complex than needed tbh. Calculating for three (as players, I have no experience with coding or designing) is a heckuva lot harder than two. Plus building for it would suck. It would be a more drastic game change than ebs were.

3. I had thought of this idea before so I think it's a good idea :) maybe Mages could just have augmentation abilities like making your allies stronger or your enemies weaker, and then you make money by getting a percent of the plunder others get by hitting with your bonus or against those you weakened. Just an idea to make the concept more accessible.

4. And by allies i dont mean the ones you hire. I mean like clan mates.

5. I would go pure Mage and **** with people by debuffing them multiple times.

6. And maybe there should be special potions for the Mages like potion of swiftness to make you run faster!

7. forum ban evidence thread

I think I know how you can make this work.
    There are 3 types of attack buildings
    1. Heavy attack
    2. Balanced
    3. Heavy defense

There is only ONE type of spy building
    Weather it is a guild or an SOS, it balanced.

You could introduce 2 types of "wizards" into this game without revamping the whole game mechanics system. Make your wizards "spy buildings" 

BLACK WIZARD: heavy spy
    SOS: balanced
    WHITE WIZARD : heavy spy defense 

8. No. Don't go overkill.. That's what ruins games.

9. I approve of this idea. But I think both spies and soldiers should be able to hit mages.

10. No support. Just too complicated

11. Hmmm...sounds intresting...gagaga

12. Items are only for EBs, what would the advantage be for wars?

13. It would add an interesting third game dynamic. But the problem I see is that land would have to be sacrificed from attack/spy buildings for Mage. Perhaps there will be one Mage building like the castle that could be upgraded multiple times?

14. Then you will need more lands to build on, otherwise the stats can drop.

15. You could also possible introduce wizards in this manner......

Black wizard = better attack stats than cursed foundry

White wizard = better stats than SOS

Black and white wizard buildings can only be purchased with a specified amount of Aqua, inferno and mith.

16. Hmm so as a suped up attack/spy building. That could be good except gold would be better. I can't imagine getting enough inferno/aqua to rebuild my whole highlands. Building with Mith isn't so bad if it goes on sale occassionally/summer wars.

17. The reason i would make the aqua a requirement for building is because I would like fantastic buildings to be "exclusive"

18. The POINT is that you CAN'T revamp your highlands overnight ;-)

19. Alright but maybe a different way to earn aqua? Maybe if a clan wins in the summer wars everyone receives 1 aqua because it's so difficult and rare to get.