War Tax and the Return of the Old School System War

Discussion in 'Wars' started by -WARGORlLLA-, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Support!!

System wars were used in my clan to train our new members how to pvp and prep for osw's. Granted we could still do such practices, however, it was still a nice change of pace. Also, system wars allowed me to meet some of my closest friends in this game. After you beat the crap out of each other for 48 hours you get a feel for the other player. Lots of respect can be earned in a short period of time 

2. ^ I agree completely. I met many great friends through system wars that were not pwars that I am still friends with to this day.

3. I actually don't care about the ifs getting the tax. That job took a lot of time for osf. I would like to see PW and old system wars be brought back with everything else we have. It would be more of a variety. I'm also for only like 2/24 hr PW a week. That way those really can't complain about tax. I'm all for bringing back a blast from the past. KaW was def. A blast back then .

Support

4. I support puns and wg

5. Support

6. System wars died because of everyone turtling not because of the tax. In 2011 they were fun and everyone hit each other and brought in mercs and had fun.

By 2012 summer wars they were dull and boring turtle wars. That's the players fault they died as I never ever joined a sw for tax just for the fun of it.

7. SUPPORT 

8. 100% support

9. Gladiat0r, system wars died off after war tax as reward was replaced with mithril. But even then turtling wasn't the problem in 2012. Most system wars were small wars that blew up with mercing. They mostly involved hitting each other as much as possible.

The summer wars initially had no to very little turtling involved. The turtling only became a valued strategy after it was noticed as the strategy of choice by last rights who were beating much stronger opponents with it. By the numbers they had no reason winning the summer wars but were very disciplined with turtling.

In most cases turtling didn't work as a way to win a system war due to mercs trickling in to fill most rosters as the war went on. Plus most clans couldn't properly execute a turtle war to make it a viable option.

10. 67 Supporters So Far!! Keep them coming. Tell your friends to read this thread. And everyone send feedback to Devs. Let them know what we want

11. Support