Want mith earn it!

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Jttheopportunist, May 11, 2013.

1. Ok Katniss, see what you're saying...don't understand why anyone casts Unholy Aura anyway! 

2. For a better mith payout when war is won. I did seriously try dammit. 

3. I know fighting , using pots and mith help payout but did you make your mith back doing VP?

4. I think that point is being ignored purposely Kat. (u casted unholy aura 15mith to make a whopping 12 in the TVP eb) :)

5. @Kit:
    1. Only mith cast BEFORE war starts is refunded to winners.
    2. The others on your side did not mith or xtal.

I guess if you believe there was any attempt to win by your team, you were totally sucked in.

6. It is a tactic. Nothing more nothing less :roll:

7. Hey jt! :D

8. So even folks with 0 war actions that have cast WOC but didn't fight after getting a matchup still got to do VP? 

9. If you didnt figure it out by now the latest no match fourm post was indirectly adressing this war lmao

10. How did ever guess that lol.

11. The whole EE thing has been pretty interesting. Let me state from the beginning that the whole EE concept has been a pretty cool innovation. Short sharp wars. Interesting and fun at the same time.

But lets face it. The devs have tried to bolt on a jet engine to a Cessna and then use it for a moon landing. They're going to continue to struggle with this until they seriously overhaul the mechanics, possibly both in and out if the EE cocoon.

From the start, sadly it's all been about the exploit. Leveraging the unfair advantage rather than a good match up, solid strategies and an even competition.

First there was the tower build exploit. I can't count the number of geniuses that maintained that being virtually unK'Oable was an an amazing act of strategy. The devs eventually did the right thing but not until they had already eroded a huge number of the EE player base.

Then there were the BFA issues. Now we have BFE exploitation. Stacked LB GH combos. And the cherry on top, the resurgence of the GH clans.

He GH has always been a bit of an anomaly. Huge comparative plunder for the effort/outlay. But EE has compounded it. The washup at the end will probably be that we see the lion share of the rancor being awarded to Guild Hansels.

Maybe we shouldn't be worried about it. Maybe we should. Why? Because ultimately it will kill KaW. KaW, like any economy relies on growth. A GH can be built in a week. If they end up being the build of choice, KaW will atrophy.

So there's the problem definition. How about the solution. I certainly don't have the answers here. But a couple of ideas.

1: Total overhaul of the mechs of the game. Risky as they could break more than they fix. But this would allow a tighter integration with EE as opposed to it feeling like a cyst on the side of KaW.

2: If the above is too hard. Much greater structure in EE. Run it like NASCAR. Leveling/Normalising of all BFA and BFE. That will make it all about skill/strategy as opposed to exploit. It will have the added advantage of making the match ups MUCH easier for the devs. This will probably help to stimulate interest in EE again.

A couple of little side points of interest. If we're going to insist on hanging onto relics of a bygone age while calling ourselves strategic, why not make the mechanics a little more realistic. A build 5 times larger than a GH should be able to KO a GH in about a fifth of the hits (or a fifth of the troop expenditure). Maybe allow this outside of the EE vehicle as well. If nothing else it should thin out the number smart mouth GH's that seem to be proliferating like maggots at the moment. 

12. giskard I bow down to you good sir! SUPPORT 100%!!!!

13. @ Giskard great post. I am a GH and totally agree with what you are saying. IMO devs rushed this season 1 of wars out to quickly not enough time or thought went into it. The only thing devs was thinking about was how much money can they make and how quickly.

14. For the record, I say this while having a couple of GH myself.

15. Lets look at the BFE isn't important argument. Saying that is like saying that a roman legion of 100 should be matched against a modern day army of 100. Oh, they have the same number of people so that must be totally fair say the worms. Or one machine gun is used and the legion is mowed down. What a daft thing to say.
    If you have earnt some awesome equipment that's great news, so you should be matched against other people with awesome equipment of course. Surely that's common sense?
    Lol

16. I worked my ass off to get where I'm at. Built in a week ? Sure - and then another 4-6 months begging my way into clans so I could get enough eb equip to actually hit big builds in EE.. 
    I put in as many $ in xtals as everyone else and as much time and dedication warring to get my Rancor equipment reward.
    ....And now you want to nerf me because you can't figure out how to contain me? Because the devs can't figure out how to set up matches properly or gain clan participation ?? Well isn't that nice for you ... Crap on my effort so that next iteration a new build will come around that you can cry about 

17. Naked I agree it's crap clans like me that complain and whine constantly because we have better gear then them... Well guess what king_me while you guys were whacking your ebs away upgrading with all that haunting gold some clans were doing ees every single day. The ammount I have spent on pots/towers/xtals I could have easily been 5x my size now. We choose to war for the Mith instead of upgrading, now because you little eb Heros think that all our hard work should be for nothing is a complete joke... The more you post the more you make your whole clan look like a joke

18. Is their some rule you have to use mith pots xstals in ee wars? NOPE

Worms fail again you cant explot a NON RULE dumbass