Upcoming War System Changes - Revised

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Aug 25, 2012.

1. ok that didnt come out well :roll:

2. Kaw Admin can you at least comment on a legitimate concern? A clan could have a bunch of low stat people spam the other teams most active player with fails to zero him, which wold reduce plunder. It was a well intentioned idea, but easily exploitable.

3. These changes look good, really hope I can try them out

4. Thanks! As for your question, we haven't finalized the details of the combat system, especially in relation to specific builds. Our goal is to create an environment where finishing off players (0 soliders/0 spies) is possible within a clan vs clan environment.

5. Good looking out devs. I really like the changes you're implementing and can't wait to experience them first hand. I completely agree with the xtal usage limit, and hope that now the wars will be more balanced.

6. Wow great revisions devs  I am glad you are listening to our feedback. These changes seem very reasonable 

7. This is one of the rare times I'm legitimately surprised by a news thread. The devs listened to our feedback and made changes accordingly?! Who are you and what have you done with kaw_admin?
    That aside, this all sounds great except Estoc's edge should last a bit longer than a week.

8. Yellow? Really? :( You need to play on idevice lol.

I can't say I like the look of all these, but I'm willing to give them all a shot. You never know when something will turn out great, or at least desirable.

I do have one thing, about not being able to hit clan mates. What if someone needs to take a shower, or poo (if they don't have a mobile), or drive your kid to the hospital, or talk a friend out of suicide? 100% activity shouldn't be an utter requirement.

What about enabling a one-time use (per war), unpauseable "clan mate hit me" timer sort of thing? Or perhaps a mithril spell allowing clan mates to hit you? That way, a real life emergency won't completely screw up your clan's war.

9. Clans will be matched up based on their strength, therefore your strategy will leave you open to the rest of the opposing clan since you are choosing to only focus on a few.

If an exploit can still occur, we will fine tune our matchmaking algorithm such that both sides are balanced on strength and relative member sizes.

10. Yes, an item to temporarily put you into stasis for Mithril is something we are considering. :) We are leaving this out for now so we can focus on the core mechanics of the war first.

11. Will you please make the disable quests, clanmate pinning, and all the other changes an option with a check box for the war initiator?

Options are better than a broad-brush approach, IMO.

You are redeeming yourselves by listening and heeding our feedback, ATA. I may just stick around after all.

12. Spy actions ??? Pure spy, hansel, and general spy usage. Any changes, could you clarify exactly if spy actions are hampered or not hampered with the 0% regen back to 25%

13. Thanks!

Having these options is a possibility. We just want to make sure everything works well before trying to juggle even more variables into our testing phase.

14. Choosing whether we enable all, some or no spy actions while in stasis is a variable we will be tuning during our trial wars. Current thinking for the first trial war is to disable all spy actions while you're in stasis.

15. Is spy build still useful in war that they can't self pin?

Please let use know if spies r being nerfed tremendously so that we can switch build early in preparation for the war.

16. May I be able to participate in the trials?  I want to help KaW grow better and I don't care if I'm not picked it will still be great!

17. One of our design goals is to ensure that all current builds remain viable. If for whatever reason we cannot do that, we will be as open about our reasoning as possible.

18. Good point. I'm not used to having to think like a developer.

I hope the implemented changes work well, so you add the options.

19. Wow, I am thoroughly impressed with the tweaks from feedback and kaw_admin's responsiveness! Also, now all the "devs just want money" complainers can just stop! Anyway, it's been said before but I'd like to reiterate: we all agree that real-life comes first, and sometimes RL happens even during a war. So if there is some type of mechanic to give yourself a KaW break (30 min, or an hour or two, or anything) without losing the war for your clan would be nice. Thx for listening

20. You are still making hansel a bad choice for war, you should fix that as hansel is a great way to war if you know how to use it properly. Right now if these changes were to be put in place hansels would be screwed!