Upcoming Feature: Clan Roles!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Good idea, however there are too many roles. Why not have:

Owner
    Admin
    Semi admin

That makes it much simpler imo

2. I prefer either "groundling" or "penny stinkard"

3. I boycott this sneaky way of taking our hard earned gold to pay for something that's already free. Why couldn't you just add/remove responsibilities to newly basic clan roles like owner,co-owner,admin, head admin,recruiter or council... With each having specific powers if you will in the manage section. AND as someone said earlier when you pass owner..you get admin automatically.. No offense KAW developers, but let's not get greedy..because you will lose a lot of loyal and already paying players. Let's keep the gold buying to grow NOT for the home you already own...jeesh!! Got a migraine out of this RIDICULOUSLY INSANE IDEA!!! hold off and go with my idea.. Ty!! Oh and ZERO says "You crazee or you Frazee!!" Hi Echelon Beginners,Echelons Finest,2nd Echelon, and Second Echelon!

4. Why doesn't the number of spots for each position scale based on the size of the clan? Surely that's an obvious way to do things?

5. @ KaW. So you are saying the owner has to pay trillions of dollars to make admins?

I think you guys went a little overload in the new roles. When this was suggested most people only wanted like do owner and something under admins. Not 15 different roles

6. Finally found another post that makes sense. Product Managers will kill Kaw by taking good feed back from players of a problem they genuinely experience in kaw -- and then Convert it into some ponzi scheme. This is NOT what was asked for. Rethink this NOW!

7. It's all good except for the part where you have to pay gold for your position... And I make a lot of gold... I'm partially surprised you are charging nobility points per position... It's dumb! Let the roles be free

8. How many times did people ask the devs to make clans more expensive?

As usual devs have gone their own way and done it completely differently mixing it with something we actually wanted.

So it's a good idea for gold sink for lb players who want to be experienced clan owners.

For all small clans it bites.
    I believe the idea is to create more select clans that are not so vulnerable to failing and hopefully have experienced owners.

Again I don't think this is totally correct as the cost is harsh on owners and small clans will suffer. But it is aimed at creating better clans which people would want to be more active in.

Is it the right approach?
    It depends how it is phased in. And I would have thought on switchover days current admins maintain equivalent slot until they leave clan at least at which time the slot could be purchased by owner.
    I'm not sure the cost is the right way to go. But I believe that's why the devs have done it this way

9. I am not a familiar face on forums, my voice is rarely heard, my face rarely seen even amongst my longest term friends. I am NOT opposed to change over time to keep a game fresh. However, as very active long term player, I have several issues with this suggested update from the development team.

First and foremost, my thoughts that any company, that publicly refers to any potential or current customers as "peasants" even on its very place is disgusting. How this made it past the most rudimentary discussion phase is beyond me. You had it right in the first place "member" as in WE belong; you as the developer, and anyone as a clan owner, WANTS us. Do not insult the customer, that you wish to continually contribute to your very livelihood. If I did this in my business, I would be out of it within six to ten months.

This idea, is not very conducive to bringing in new customers. It's a large obstacle for new players. For me, and my clan, the gold doesn't matter. For clans capable of tier 1-5
    Epic battles, this is punitive, and frankly, unattainable. How many accounts in this game that have not completed the highlands have ever even seen 1 trillion gold? Not many. Let alone 8.3 trillion to have a fully functioning clan.

One would argue that a new player should not own a clan, instead join one.

The tutorial for new players is woefully out of date, most new players have no clue how to join a clan, that they need too, or the purpose and design in epic battles. You as developers do not include today's vital gameplay information. That aside, how many build complete players and clans that can afford this wish to play with a 200/400 account? Even a lowland complete account. Don't we tend to group with people most like us? That have the same goals and interests? I'm still playing with many players I started with, near the same time and have known for years. I wish the new player the same experience.

Why make this change this deep into the game? Most clans that contribute large amounts of money, have learned how to effectively manage the current system. There are a plethora of dedicated people you are asking to dedicate more time to this game of with this plan. Many clan owners suffer from burnout, so do admins. It is a luxury to split the duties along with my other dedicated players. Why limit how many of us can do it? Shouldn't that be for the player base to determine what works best for them?

My last point is this potentially will cause hurt feelings among players causing them to put the game down. Many players that aren't very active, have admin bestowed upon them, as a badge of respect inside a clan. Many use admin as a way of ensuring fabled, or respected players are not booted from a clan. NO MATTER WHAT, we want them to come back to the game, amongst friends. Not in a cold bleak world where we cannot keep symbols of our clans history alive.

Should iG toss its founders to the curb? How about if Foxes is resurrected. Should Gamehenge be tossed to the curb? I am not a current member of either clan, a former of one. Regardless of how you feel about a clan, if it were your friends, your history, do you wish to move on? To have the monument to them displaced? This change forces the ownership to decide who is most active, and who is most "important" today. Not who and what is most important to them.

In summary, these changes have some merit, if modified to both continue the history and style of gameplay. Roles are important. However, most clans were fully capable of assigning them amongst themselves. A title looks cool to certain people, makes sense. Many games employ this same clan structure. However, please don't limit the owners flexibility in operating their clan artificially. The social aspect of this game has always been one of its true strengths. Don't diminish that. Do not put unattainable obstacles on new players entering the game, and grouping with players like them, and achieving the same value for the money the old guard of KaW has enjoyed. Please rethink this program change as stated. It has good points but some serious drawbacks as well.

Tl;dr version

Take a step back and think, is this an "improvement" on the game, and do we wish to think of our customers in such a derogatory fashion?

As consumers, should we be ok with any company that feels we are less than a kingdom of vast potential wealth? Let alone one that thinks certain players should be referred to as mere peasantry.

10. Nice work dev :) keep it up!! This is clan owners really need, thanks for hearing us, kudos!:p

11. What happens if a war chief/commander/knight/armshand/recruiters have to leave the clan for indi? Will they retain their clan position when they rejoin or should they shell out those ridiculously huge gold to get back their adminship?

If u really want players to earn their position in clan with gold atleast make it cheaper and affordable to all clan and player sizes.. Perhaps do away with gold payment for all admin position except war chief.

12. Some people are saying this is a good way to curb the inflation. It's not. The people/clans who have massive amounts of gold won't feel the negative effects of this happening.

The clans that aren't able to run the EBs from the Jorathe series or higher or HTE frequently will. Those clans have more than enough problems in regards to catching up to the higher tier clans.

If this is the best answer you can give us to clan restructuring and inflation then I have no hope for future updates. How you manage to take a thread that laid out preferences of your player base and turn it into this is mind blowing.

You could have just implemented the ideas your customers came up with in that thread, without adding whatever ideas you had to try and force people to buy more of your products to get the full features.

Instead you ruin a decent concept that was laid out for you that require zero thought process to make happen. Bravo, that takes talent to screw up.

13. Amazing updates this year KaW, but one minor thing that's upsetting me is that you haven't been saying "P.S. We love you".

14. I am not an admin or owner but i do feel that this could be a bit expensive right outta the gate devs.......give owners a 12 hr window to appoint some key peeps with the new system. Heck on an active clan the way we bounce in and out is gonna be expensive as well. Whooooooaaaaa 8trillion. Geeez

15. Ohhhh and when the hte train rolls around. Will we have to reappoint rolls or will they default back to when they left for free. No use in doing hte if we have to spend 8 trillion to get roles back.

16. This some serious KaW RP stuff. All I wanted was a Co-owner.

I'm also curious to see how this works out in Indy wars.

17. This update would encourage/force every
    low-cs veteran players to grow. Say goodbye to tfo and warbeasts if you dont want to be called a peasant.
    No rest for events for the next 3 months, I guess. Events=silverbars.

18. Couple of thoughts.

1) why did this take so long....I mean it was suggested like 3 years ago lol
    2) peasants is abit harsh perhaps soldier or grunt would be less harsh.
    3) the war chief should really have 5 slots rather than 3.
    4) cc silence I get this for ee other than that tho seems pointless.

For everyone else saying it will kill small clans, it won't kill them just make it so they merge with others which is what they have needed to do for along time anyway. Also 8 trill for a clan in 2016 kaw is cheap tbh most clans made 8t in sb today lol.

19. One, two, three to da fo'
    Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre is at da do'
    420 post
    Smoke weed everyday!
    :cool:

20. I really hope these rolls get looked over and reworked because there are way too many positions and definitely only having one other than the owner and top position being able to kick members is a horrible idea, and also only having one position that only allows three members to have current admins abilities is a giant slap in the face to players who have worked hard for their positions...if a clan Has five or six council members then do you understand how difficult this is going to be on clan owners to pick who gets which positions and who has to be told that they are not as good as their fellow council member or admin....i Truly think this is starting my early retirement and I have never been so disappointed or insulted by this games developers in over 6 years of playing loyally...i really Hope this turns out to be a bad joke but if not this is likely goodbye from me