Upcoming Epic Battles and Tier 5 Buildings

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Hahahahaha Damn this is some funny ****, and I'm not surprised at all.

So to recap our last month or so, let me get this straight darling devs:

1. You make volleying gold more difficult...in hopes of stopping people from buying accounts and will then hopefully go back to buying more nobility points.
    2. You made it incredibly costly to drop allies to free up gold.
    3. You did a MASSIVE "clean up" of inactives, robbing MANY players of the very money they probably spent on the precious nobility points you are asking them to buy (yes MANY players...Metals thread still pops into active topics daily).
    4. You did away with resets which allowed players to remain competitive without buying ur freaking nobility points...no clue why u had to kill resets if killing volleys ACTUALLY should have made said resets more difficult again; thus correcting the problems you cited as reason to kill them....guess now your TRUE reasons are coming to the forefront...you just don't want players able to be competitive without "voluntarily" spending. Those of you without resets....you are now at a huge disadvantage if those t5 stats are as high as the new items suggest they will be...8% across T5 stats becomes a much bigger advantage now.
    5. In an effort to cover the community's outrage you do the following:
    A. Promise to release achievement bonuses to offset the impact of those above changes....where the **** are those btw?
    B. Roll out many new ebs to distract the eb loving generation
    C. Introduce a flawed tourney system in hopes of pacifying the older war generation.
    6. Number 5 works splendidly, and kaw community is happily going about their business losing idk how many billions of hard earned or actual real money for gold through resets, enchanting, and mith purchases.
    7. NOW, after you have significantly hurt everyone BELOW say the top 10 on ally LB by decreasing their gold on hand through the above actions (because all your new updates are money drains, and your new ebs pay ****!), you are going to introduce T5? lmao

So Darling Devs, your big spenders not spending anymore? Your plan to get us to spend more on nobility back fire when you limited the number of allies we could have? You gonna increase the nob exchange rate when this rolls out too as per usual practices? You tired of seeing same names on LB and time for a new generation of LBers that spend an insane amount of money on your game?

All your updates have lead to this one thing it would seem. From a business standpoint I have to give y'all props, you set us up beautifully! I'm sure you are gonna make a killing off this update.

Perhaps I can make a simple request in your use of those shiny new profits of taking a hard look at the actual mechs that do not impact your bottom line one way or another that are screwed up...like how the HELL can a spy steal you with 0 gold out? That makes ZERO sense for a spy to steal nothing. Or perhaps fix the disparity between attack and spy builds, which allows spies to kill troops but doesn't allow troops to kill spies?

I mean seriously, what logical sense does it make that an attack build's troops cant invade a certain kind of kingdom...even one made up of spies and not kill those spies? In my head I imagine my troops and spies invading a kingdom full of pure spies...my poor little attk troops stopping in their tracks...and saying "damn, your a spy...can you wait right there while I go call my spy unit to kill you?"

So maybe the spies are "craftier" and more "sneaky" and can evade my troops better so maybe I kill less spies per hit than I would killing other big enemy oafish attk troops, but come on...I can't touch them at all?

Oh oh, or maybe if those two still burn a hole too deeply in y'alls pockets can we AT LEAST get you to give us a way to TURN OFF EB JOIN NOTICES? I can't even tell how much gold you are screwing me out of because my news feed is spammed with eb join notices and I miss that sweet little "we screwed you out of gold cuz your ally reset, but no we won't tell you if you got 60%, 40%, or 5% of your gold back..better you don't know that answer" notice.

I actually personally have no issue with this release, but I'm sure:

-Buildings will be outrageously priced AGAIN
    -The ally market will temporarily deflate as a result of people wanting to T5 BC (yay!) only to soar again in about 6 months after T5 release (aww )
    -Your flawed touney system gonna die or turn into a joke while people focus on making gold and BCing again and avoid war in general to grow as the top 200 clans also contain many of the players who will be able to afford to and start attempting to BC again
    -Depending on the timing of this thing, you may ruin ASW this year
    -There will be disheartened players that quit the game as you continue to make getting to the "top" less achievable, which of course means you get to take more of our hard earned/paid for gold in the future when you reset them for inactivity.

Just the thoughts and ramblings from an amused vet who sees some things really don't change in kaw.

2. There is roughly 10k HLBC by my best guess. Those who HLBC recently are not even ranked. A lot of non HLBC are ranked because of their wins and ally's.

3. It'll probably be the same gold difference as the new Tier in GaW.
    I don't really play that anymore but I think L1 T3 was around 5mil and new T4 L1 is 50mil, works out at around 10 times, so if they follow along the same line as GaW, that'll make T5 over 30bil for L1.

4. You really do write great posts LP0. Spot on. Atleast the devs have managed to get me to download 10 other games in search of a replacement.....

5. Why not make a tier for spys'

6. Hehe Ty wisdom devs are giving me lots of opportunities to practice 

7. Yes LP022 certainly sums up every single problem that most players have here.
    Devs are making so many changes so quick, completely altering the game, and not for the better.

8. tell me the price and stat now

9. Oh and those of us that did spend all that time reseting are being screwed not just by the bs nob for ally slots replacement we received. But now also by that time we spent doing the resets proving extremely wasteful as you introduce t5. That is not to mention(guess i am doing it) what it does to ongoing osw's and the chance for more such wars. 

Release KaW Classic atleast. Or rename this game to whatever is approriate for it's current outlook and re-release Kingdoms at War.

10. Spy building?

11. T5 already huh...

12. Mm. I'm having trouble figuring out how the recent imbalance changes will be justified with this. Granted, a fair few called for it. But then... People have called for a lot of things.

Fair enough, it's a business for you and a game for us, and business need to generate income. Can understand that one. No qualms there. But there does seem to be a lot more pushing towards it. Seems to be creating more of a chasm and more imbalance after it all was supposedly changed to address this.

Granted a game needs new ideas and new aims to reach for. But, being a cynic perhaps, it does seem to be just as more wars start to crop up. Coincidental perhaps. Seems it happens a fair bit though.

No, I'm not HLBC but this lack of support is not due to sour grapes because of that, just starting to become disillusioned again as the focus gets channelled again into just a gold building exercise where war becomes non existent again, as people vie for the new growth. Maybe it is to create the illusion that others can still attempt to hit the lb, and 5 levels of building sure looks a lot more involving than 3 or 4 to a new guy. Those stuck in already... Just really leads to annoyance and more cynicism.

I guess ultimately, the main bug bear is that every update seems intent on dropping the OSW element out, feeding out half assed answers to quell any arguing, and an endless drive for more and more cash to be splashed. Guess the Xstals for aqua deal ain't doing as well as hoped or the enchantment bug wore off.

Yeah it's jumbled and all over the place, apologies. But there's my current, tentative thoughts.

13. @lp-
    1.) volley transfers were made less desirable for several reasons. Volleying it's self is just as easy. The reasoning was that players were abusing the volley transfers to exceed the spending limit on kaw, creating a huge rift between player strength and giving an unfair advantage. There is a cap in nobility for a reason. There is a cap on the amount of xtals you can use. Volley transferring were removed/made more difficult in order to help even the playing field.

14. Lp-
    2.) the drop ally is not any different than what it was previously as long as you have held the ally for 15 days. Dropping allies is only meant to hurt those who were dropping mass allies in order to drop volley transfer huge amounts of gold. See point 1

15. Jeez can't we all just go through an update without
    -WC going really fast
    -Spam Filled Forums
    -etc.

16. 2 words for u devs " u sucked"

17. 3.) inactive ally resets have always been around. Every 6 months, inactives are always reset. As I have stated numerous times, kaw is a closed community with a closed economy. The ally market is equivalent to the money markets in real-world economies. You have the potential to make large amounts of gold from ally trading. However, with every money market, there is risk and reward. The risk is that you A) choose bad inactive allies (would you buy bad stocks just to put your money there knowing that those bad sticks will never gain in value and will possibly lose?) and you lose money when they are reset. B.) you make a few bad purchases. And get a few resets. However, anyone who actively trades has made far more gold from good purchases over the past 6 months than from the 2 or 3 bad purchase they made. This is the same as any market. Also, inactives are reset to free up space, open up the ally list to active allies, free up names, etc.

18. I hope every1 smart enuf not to spend real cash on this fantasy kaw boohoo

19. 4.) resets- first, resets were removed for several reasons. It was not just volleying that made resets easy. Back in the day, it took many months to reach lowland complete. Now, even with volley transfers, it took a couple days. The reward for resets was overpowered for the effort.
    Now, I don't see a huge disadvantage to those who haven't done resets. The 8% bonus from 4 resets can easily be made up for with equipment and allies. The ally slots were capped to 550, so that isn't a big advantage. You have the ability to purchase up to 100 extra ally slots if you are not capped. And there will be the ability to purchase more in the future.

20. @belle. Since i don't know what these buildings will cost and more inportantly what increase in stats they will give i can't say exactly how they will effect the overall player experience of kaw.

But i know that whatever it is they will have an adverse effect on alot of osw clans. Most of these clans rely on 5-10 big spenders and alot of less spending warriors. The 'warriors' will all fall behind in the game unless they adapt and start ebing nonstop like crazy until they get T5,at which point t6 is out and............