UEFA Champions League

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by iDeception, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Please. American football crushes your so-called sport fútbol

2. You mean that sport that you are covered from head to toe in padding incase you get hurt?

3. They mean hand egg

4. Even under all that padding, do you know how much muscle they pack?

Such explosive movement and strength...

Respect to the players of the NFL!

Some of the world's best athletes, most respected, belong to the NFL.

The training that they do, the drills that they test themselves continuously on, the weight that they are capable of moving and the insane amounts of force they are able to create... Do you know how difficult it is?

Every game is exciting to the core of men, their brothers, fathers, and sons.

5. Except they do all that in rugby..... Without padding

6. Girls rugby...

7. Many a rugby player has half an ear bitten off :p

And btw, sweet_pineapple, I find that comment highly sexist.

8. I'm not perfect

9. Lol.

Anyway this is supposed to be a champions league thread. Funny how football/soccer threads always get hacked by fans of the other code :/

American football is clearly played by elite, tough athletes, of course it is. Thats not the point here though.

10. Off topic Kindve, but you want to post about your bs football. Ok, tell me why a classic Manchester United Vs Chelsea had millions more views than a superbowl? Look it up :lol:
    Anyways, I think Arsenal has what it takes. Cech did save them last weekend vs liverpool

11. More than a superbowl? jeez I thought it was more than the rugby world cup

12. Most watched:

FIFA world cup final
    UEFA champions league final
    UEFA european cup final
    Olympic 100m sprint final
    Cricket world cup final
    NFL Superbowl

Not that it matters which one is watched more lol

13. I choose group I - me

14. Yeah, I didn't know about that. I looked it up and I never knew that before. It's not sarcasm btw.

15. Pretty sure Football in Olympics is also one of the tops, however UEFA Champions League is huge

16. It's quite simply because American football is just that, AMERICAN football. No one else plays it.

Football (soccer) is the most watched and most played worldwide sport because

1. Almost every country has a team / league.
    2. All that's required is a football, no pads etc needed.
    3. It's generally a friendly game with less severe injuries than most

17. It also requires more technique and skill.
    You get to watch the laws of physics at their most extreme (check Quaresma and Cisse out)
    There are less goals thus more tension
    The game keeps going on, unless Chelsea tries to park the bus (sorry Chelsea fans)
    And other reasons

18. I like calling it fútbol lol

19. Well you're not wrong lol

20. For physics defying, look up roberto carlos goal for brazil against france in 1998. Absolutely mental.