Trump's Big Ban

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The_Big_Bang_Theory, Jan 29, 2017.

1. I can agree that to some degree the way he is doing this is somewhat subjective however the currently targeted countries are based off of a previous Obama executive order that listed the currently targeted countries to have tighter immigration standards.

So basically he is using a list of the countries Obama wanted to tighten security on. Im sorry I cant explain that better just google it for yourself you want to know. Which figures why it appears subjective, it has to do with Obama.

2. Yes I do know that list was made by Obama administration. But that list was only about visas not about a ban. That's why those who was talking about "illegals" in this thread was wrong. Is not about illegal immigrants. It's about people who hold a visa and therefore entitled to visit USA. And is not about a screening process neither. That screening took place when they applied for a visa. I've been through that screening process and I know how it is. Is not like you are going to US Embassy and ask a guy from there to put a stamp on your passport.

3. Then why are you asking where the list came from?

Sorry.. I see the point to your question may be why weren't other countrys added as well.. And I agree... I dont know why, Im sure there are subtle implicative answers to this that are not being fully explained by the media. Ill have to look back at Obama's original order as well as pick through the executive order released by trump as you can also read it here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... ted-states

All of his executive orders can be viewed verbatum as they are written and ordered. Very transparent I am reading them myself soon.

4. Better to ban them then getting massacred while enjoying a regular day at work or a night out at the club. Not all are with the terrorism but unfortunately we dont know which aren't.

5. Jesus, what a cesspool of racism...
    Thank God I have never, and will never, visit America

6. Good! Please dont! :)

7. Indeed in Europe some refugees was terrorist. But here is so different than in USA. Thousands was crossing the sea everyday. Of course the screening process was slow. This can't happen in USA. Is not like syrian refugees are going to swim over Atlantic Ocean.

8. My question is why Somalia and not Saudi Arabia. Saudi citizens did killed thousands of US citizens on US soil. Somalian citizens did not. This is like me punching you in the face and then you decide not lo let my friends to visit you because they might punch you too. All this while I'm still welcome in your house.

9. From a average persons point of view,
    It's nice to see a politician / president do what he's pledged to do, I wish we had civil servants
    Like that here,
    Finally some one is taking a firm stance against terror organisations,
    Myself I have only an outsider view on it,
    On the flip side let the terrorist in with the immigrants Americans kill Americans with their guns, Isis can't keep up

10. Firm stance? How?

11. But I must admit the Trump's position is the most difficult an US president ever had. He had to deliver on his pledge to limit immigration from "dangerous" countries. If he wouldn't do it probably he'd become the US president with the least support. Lefties will never support him no matter what, "soft" republicans are not too happy neither and "hardcore" republicans would be mad if he wouldn't act. Also his businessman career makes things more difficult. In this case the countries left out of the list are strategic partners of USA. So this time national interest coincide with his business interests. But one can think that he had only his own interest on his mind. Others might think that list can be a message to those countries. "See? Countries where I have business interests are off that list. Maybe you should think about that and give some lucrative deals to my sons company and who knows maybe I'll lift the ban". I really don't think is that easy for him being a populist businessman.

12. Well done answered your own copy and paste

I also think trump isn't a president but a puppet being told and helped by people that couldn't didn't want to carry out these ideas,

13. The problem with this Muslim thing.

We as the west are letting in people in he truck load, we are letting in people who shouldn't be here by being a refugee they should be moving to counties near them, not be allowed to actively move though counties they like best, where most of these so called refugees will abuse and never go back after the fighting is over.

We have seen the horrors that's happened with Germany and France where their leaders have stupidly out numbered their own population with immigrants and refugees.

They do not accept our ideals and freedoms, they firmly believe in a law that's racist, sexist and hateful. We even have examples of these so called refugees and immigrants taking a part of our country and then claiming it as their own.

Yet while they preach hate against us, actively try and change US, change our ideals to become as backward as their law. Well all I can say is that our ancestors did not fight, die and slave their live away to give us freedom of speech, equal rights and to believe what we want to believe to be undo by people who despise what freedoms we have, despise everything that makes us, us.

Their laws allow them to kill anyone who changes from being Muslim, they deny women from having any sort of right, and they allow despicable cruel things to happen, and we let these people in?

I'm not saying all are like that but the majority are this, what trump is doing and it's perfectly acceptable, he's closing boarders to immigrants so America can reenforce its ideals. Fix Americas problems before letting in more people.

America should be like Austria. All of the west should be like Austria with its boarder security, it's very hard to get into Austria and for good reason. And you know what? When do we ever see Austria with any problem.

All this of supporting the SJWs and political correctness needs to stop if you carry on eventually what we call the west now won't be a thing, it's gotten to the point where Europe is a lost cause and America is one of the last hopes for the western world with our ideals.

it is time to wake up and stop going "aww they got boo boos let's bring them here" because they certainly don't feel the same for us and they won't give us the same open arms that we have given them.

Let me ask you this, How can you sit there knowing full well that theirs veterans living and dying on the streets, huge numbers of homeless without a house to call home, yet you're letting people who won't accept our believes to fill places our homeless could of taken. Bet you're that type of person who sends money to a charity because you seen starving child but you won't even drop a penny for the homeless guy, hypocritical at its finest.

I don't like or hate trump but if this is what it takes to fix the problems were facing, then so be it. I'd rather have a safe and secure country then a country slowly being ripped apart. Because that is what's happening now.

14. I'm not saying all Muslims are like this, but it is a majority. sharia law is what they follow and it's sharia law they want to enforce in the west.

15. im not saying all jews are like this and like i don't really know any jews but i hear what people say on my dads radio so it must be true and these people are dangerous so if our new great leader wants to stop these monsters ill support him cause he could like save the 1930s (frown)

16. @Wolfie I don't understand what exactly do you want. You are praising Trump's actions on immigrants but at the same time you are dreaming about having an austrian border security. Are you totally sure you want an Austrian border security? :)))

17. Leave it to folks like this to try to minimize and manipulate the message. Humiliation tactics are typical liberal tactics that actually helped to elevate President Trump to the White House. You'd think people like you would get a clue by now. And get some real emoji, your parentheses are beyond embarrassing. #tryingtoohard

18. Actually that appears to be a relevant parallel.

Meanwhile, good job attacking the messenger to deflect from not being able to defend against the message.

Instead, why don't you respond showing how stirring up hatred against muslims is different than it was when the Jews were blamed for all of Germany's problems?

19. To all you Crybaby's out there over trump get over it..he is doing what he said he was going to do.at least he don't sit for years and talk about it. This is a war game not a liberal Newsstand..

20. You do know there's a deference between a dictatorship brain washing a country to advance his own agenda, spreading lies.

And recorded documented accounts of these people showing the world what they do say and believe.

You're a special kind of stupid if you think you can relate what I'm saying to something as horrible as what that guy did, aren't you. Yes I am calling you stupid since I most likely have to spell it out for you...