Trump prostesting gone too far??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lirik, Apr 7, 2016.

1. So it came to my attention today on a twitter that a group of Trump protesters stood and spat on an American Flag. I am personally beyond disgusted its not right to disrespect a flag of any country and im curious as to what all of you think about this. I think it should be a crime to do this but it's just me.
    Heres the link: https://twitter.com/unspectateur/status ... 9389524992

2. Trump supporters are in general a special species of retarded clowns. What the hell is stepping on the flag going to accomplish? They openly advocate violence and harass the supporters of other candidates. Congrats to Trump for bringing out the worst in the US, we really needed to see the face of America everyone keeps hiding.

3. I think i need to clarify they were protesting against trump

4. Defacing flags is an important part of free speech. Flag burning, spitting, trampling and tearing have all been around since the flag has existed.

I don't like it, but I stand in firm support of their right to express their political beliefs by doing that.

5. 2nd this opinion

6. Politics is a no no in kaw, some people can't handle to conversation with maturity..

7. Who's Trump? More importantly, what's an America?

8. My bad, I didn't read your para correctly.

9. Im curious as to how defacing a flag is expressing political beliefs? It's disrespectful to the country they live in, the soldiers that keep them safe among other things. Trample, stomp spit on a trump poster or something the flag has nothing to do with trump or political beliefs..

10. Radicals, and professional agigitators come out for bernie. He is a communist after all. But definitely agree they should burn pics of trump, and not flag. However they do wanna take down America as much as isis. As they can't stand what we stand for. Redistribution of wealth and social justice for all is what they want. They following in bernies footsteps no jobs till they are 40 .

11. I don't support it. And this is where Cheese and I disagree.

If you live here and enjoy the fruits of this Nation, then you should not be allowed to be anti-American.

Instant beheading.

12. As disrespectful as some will find it you can not stop someone from doing that. Doing so says you're against freedom of speech.

^ that will probably be my only contribution to this thread, as this is guaranteed to turn into a massive **** storm that will get locked.

13. You are right. Yet some take for granted what they are able to do here. Try that in another country. Let's be honest you probably be pushing daisy's if you did. All you free speech people come out on this but if you have a opinion about lgbt or some other stuff it's racist and or you're a bigot. I find it pretty hilarious tbh.

15. There have been attempts to outlaw flag burning, but they've always failed the free speech test when they reach the Supreme Court.

I get where Willy and OP are coming from. Willy and I are combat vets. I watched my buddies die, and I was wounded in combat. I literally have skin in the game of keeping this country safe.

Flag burning is a touchy subject. It's probably the pinnacle of political speech. It's pretty hard to find a stronger way to express dissatisfaction with a country than burning its flag.

But at the end of the day, we have to recognize flag burning for what it is, not what we interpret it to mean. Flag burning is a form of constitutionally-protected political speech. It's a way of saying "I think the government is wrong."

I think where people get rubbed wrong is when they take the burning personally. Flag burning doesn't mean that they hate the troops or their sacrifices. It doesn't even necessarily mean they dislike the country as a whole. It could just be the elected officials who are in office that they don't like.

It's very easy and tempting to want to demonize flag burning. It's easy to speak from a position of moral superiority when speaking out against flag burning. Very few people support it. Those who do must be bad, right?

I see it differently. If our flag represents anything, it's that the voiceless and the weak can still be free. When people look at our flag, they think freedom and liberty. And when they see our flag burning, it's a symbol that freedom and liberty are in jeopardy.

That's what I think the flag defacing against Trump means. Trump represents a threat to freedom and liberty, and spitting on and trampling the flag is what those people believe is the best way to express their opinion about Trump sitting in the Oval Office.

I don't have the audacity to deface the flag I risked my life defending, but I accept that defacing it is the strongest form of constitutionally-protected speech possible in this country, and that if we stand for anything, it should be the freedoms guaranteed to us by the Constitution, even if we find it morally reprehensible.

16. I appreciate that response gives me a good insight into your pov even if I don't 100% agree with it, i do understand what youre saying and where you are coming from

17. Ever watch the social experiment where the guy holds up a trump sign, and a sanders sign? Even though democrats are self-labeled as being more accepting and opening, sure as heck as soon as he held the trump sign up he had things thrown at him, got flipped off and had obscenities yelled at him.

As for these people stepping on the flag, they are the lowest forms of trash our country has to offer. The flag doesn't stand for the united states government, it stands for the country. That includes everyone that lives in it, fought for it, and died for it. If I'm mad at the local police department, it wouldn't make sense for me to go take a pee on the fire departments lawn, ya feel me? Unfortunately, our country is full of self entitled pieces of trash that think that freedom of speech means they can do whatever they want, and as long as they call anyone that disagrees a bigot or a racist, then it's fine.

In my opinion, we are all guests in this great opportunity of a country. Unless you have fought for America, then sit the hell down and shut the hell up. Stomping our flag is like going to a friends house and rubbing your ass on their towels because the food was bad. If you don't like it, then get out. If you have time to stand around all day, then you probably aren't contributing much anyway.

An American college student was sentenced to 15 years in a north Korean jail for trying to steal a poster. Go there and stomp their flag, see how that goes. I hope we get a president that (somehow) makes what they are doing illegal.

18. BTW, thanks for the good laugh. Typical democrat. You basically just said all that insulting stuff about your own (I'm assuming you're a democrat, could be wrong) side.

"Special species of clown".

19. If trump gets in power the USA we successfully become the stupidest country in the world!

20. "If trump gets in power the USA we".

I type fast on my phone and sometimes make a lot of errors so I am not a fan of grammar trolls, but if you're going to say that trump will make us the stupidest country, it would be a good idea to make sure your grammar doesn't already secure that position for us.