Troop loss mechs and how I wc

Discussion in 'Wars' started by nippy, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Section 3. Troop loss mechs
    Troop loss is relatively simple.
    Min troop loss (Overwhelming atks)
    Your troop atk to their troop def ratio: ~2.2:1
    Your troop loss: 4.2%
    Their troop loss on successful atk: 4.3%
    Their troop loss on unsuccessful atk: ??? (never tested but this happens very rarely)
    Chance of winning: 99%
    payout: ~400k for each COE * what % troops you're at

Mid range troop loss
    Your troop atk to their troop def ratio: 1:1
    Your troop loss: 8.3%
    Their troop loss on successful atk: 3.3%
    Their troop loss on unsuccessful atk: 1.6%
    Chance of winning: 50%

Max troop loss
    Your troop atk to their troop def ratio: ~1:2.2
    Your troop loss: 12.5%
    Their troop loss on successful atk: ?? Don't know this number since it happens so rarely
    Their troop loss on unsuccessful atk: 1.6%
    Chance of winning: under 1%

Some key takeaways: It helps to beat up on the little guy. Overwhelming atks win 2x as often and cost 1/2 the troops, making them 4x more efficient in terms of getting plunder out of your troop bar

Skimming isn't that efficient. If you skim on a target, first off you get 1 atk per regen since you regen 8.3% of your troop bar each regen, and the expected troop loss for them is 2.4% per skimmer, which is pretty low. You need 3-4 people skimming a target to outpace their natural regen. On the other hand you can just send 5 ps1/zt people to regen on that target for the EXACT same effect.

If you want to ako a hyb target with no adt who is full, around 50% of their troop bar you can expect to cost around 8% an atk for an expected 2.4% decrease in their troop bar and the other 50% is relatively free. This means it takes ~20 atks (1.6 full bars from people of SIMILAR POWER) to get someone in a range where you can eat them, and then another half bar to actually eat them. This number increases DRASTICALLY if you are hitting tanks or high adt hyb. Since most people war with adt and these calculations have the assumption that you don't get any weaker, the number in practice is much higher. Basically if you want to all for an ako on a target, its pretty expensive and costs a LOT of troops in order to pull off. Not saying its bad, just making sure people know how expensive it is. Plus if the other person is on they dive at 50% troops and you literally just wasted multiple full bars of troops for one down.

Section 4. Spy loss mechs
    Spy loss is a LOT more complicated but imo this is where lowland wc's can truly shine with strategy

Scouts:
    Min spy loss (Your spies easily infiltrated....)
    Your spy atk to their spy def ratio: ~1.6:1
    Your spy loss: 2.1%
    Their spy loss on successful sct: 2.7%
    Their spy loss on unsuccessful sct: ??? (never tested but this happens very rarely)

Mid spy loss
    Your spy atk to their spy def ratio: 1:1
    Your spy loss: ~2.6%
    Their spy loss on successful sct: Slightly less than 2.6%. I don't have the exact number
    Their spy loss on unsuccessful sct: I don't know this number actually if someone could let me know that would be great
    Chance of winning: More than 50% but not sure of exact number

Max spy loss
    Your spy atk to their spy def ratio: 1:3
    Your spy loss: 4.2%
    Their spy loss on successful sct: ??? This happens rarely
    Their spy loss on unsuccessful sct: 1.4%
    Chance of winning: 1%

Key takeaways: Scouts are good for ps/ps1 to gang up on an enemy and whittle them down. Once they get low enough you kill more of their spies
    than your own for each scout which is pretty efficient. At min loss, you kill 1.33x more of their spies than your own with each scout

Use these to lower the spies of enemies if you have a decent chance of winning the scout

Steals
    Your spy atk to their spy def ratio: ~2.3:1 (definitely greater than 2:1)
    Your spy loss: 5.7%
    Their spy loss on successful stl: 3.4%
    Their spy loss on unsuccessful stl: ??? (never tested but this happens very rarely)
    payout for ps1 from full: ~8m

Mid spy loss
    Your spy loss: more than 8.3% but not much more
    Their spy loss on successful stl: These are almost never the right decision so I never tested
    Their spy loss on unsuccessful stl: These are almost never the right decision so I never tested
    Chance of winning: less than 50% but again not optimal so i never tested

Max spy loss
    Your spy atk to their spy def ratio: 1:1.7? Never tested this
    Your spy loss: 11.4%
    Their spy loss on successful stl: These are almost never the right decision so I never tested
    Their spy loss on unsuccessful stl: These are almost never the right decision so I never tested

key takeaways: steal when you are close to min loss. Mid loss is not great, and max loss should probably only be used for sko when youre a really high wr repin

Assassination:
    Your spy atk to their spy def ratio: ~2:1
    Your spy loss: 2.8%
    Their spy loss on successful assn: 4.2%(WOW THATS A LOT)
    Their spy loss on unsuccessful assn: ??? (never tested but this happens very rarely)
    Their troop loss on successful assn: 4.2% (WOW THATS A LOT)

Mid spy loss
    Your spy loss: 4.2%
    Their spy loss on successful assn: I don't have this number. I need this number. Would 10/10appreciate help
    Their spy loss on unsuccessful assn: I don't have this number. I need this number. Would 10/10appreciate help
    Their troop loss on successful assn: ~3.2% (WOW THATS A LOT)
    Chance of winning: Around 50%

Max spy loss
    Your spy atk to their spy def ratio: 1:2.5
    Your spy loss: 5.6%
    Their spy loss on successful assn: ??? This happens rarely
    Their spy loss on unsuccessful assn: 2.1%
    Their troop loss on successful assn: rarely happens
    Chance of winning: 1%

Key takeaways: WOW ASSN IS VERY STRONG for taking control. Ps can get 3 assn per regen if min loss and take out 1.5 regens of both troops and spies on their target. This makes assn AMAZING for taking control. Also, if you know you're going to fail an action on an opposing team, use fail assn instead of fail scouts.
    ratio of spies you lose : spies they lose at max loss
    scout: 3:1
    assn: 2.6:1

So you get slightly more bang for your buck with fail assn than with fail scouts. also you take out 1.6x AS MANY SPIES AS YOU LOSE ON MIN LOSS ASSN

TL:DR if you want to kill their spies
    if you have near max or min loss on your target, use assn. If mid loss, use scouts.

Section 5: How I like to WC

Disclaimer: I have a lot of gaps in my knowledge and I don't consider myself to be an amazing wc. I'm amazing relative to most of the other wcs in lowland since most wc's are not very good. I think my overall record in indi lowland when I wc (every time except twice) is around 30 wins to 3 losses. I feel like 90% win rate is pretty respectable

First thing I do is get a list of who is on whos team. I have a vague understanding of who is active all the time (people like jimmy, -genesis-, YeQiu, Aqua_man and many others who will be active whole war and listen to instructions) and who likes to plunder a lot greedily (Makewish, and others) so I have a decent idea of who I should target first.

I make specific instructions for everyone so people can follow.

In the future I’ll document a war and take notes on it.

Please comment if numbers are wrong

Sid-Vicious, Toxic and Thrawn like this.