Time for Round to become extinct?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by War-Kage, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Also when getting a no match, which happens often in round wars, the Devs have now decided to, not refresh EE. Round wars, Keep em or don't, I choose not to participate in them.

2. I recently emailed the Devs with a suggestion for Wars which to my surprise they liked!

In a nutshell, the wars would be a tiered system so that builds of similar strength warred eachother. Every 3 or 4 months there would be a tourny in which everyone (whose CS had grown to that of the next level) would prove their skills in order to move up to the next tier. Rewarded with a badge and a shiny new piece of equip. This will give warriors experience. Encourage all builds and sizes to war. When warriors reach the top tiers they will know what to do in wars.

This way SH can fight SH all day long. But if they want to fight with the big boys then they will need to grow. I don't mind stating that I am against lb fighting alongside a kingdom 6 months old.

Id like to see these tiered wars run like Primals within clans but I'm not sure how that might pan out if you have clans of mixed builds. It might be that subs would be used to accommodate a range of tiers.

The top 2 tiers will be permitted to enter for All Star Wars annually.

So that's the basics of my idea. Your feedback would be good.

3. Queen isn't that essentially Indy wars ?

I think a similar but different idea would be to make tiered stat ranges for entire clans to aim for

2-250 mil cs

3-350

4-450 cs

Or whatever

At least this way , if you do face a tough roster , it won't also be 100 mil cs larger than you .

In regards to players learning war I really think kaw needs a war tutorial where a new player can "fake" cast and be put through the motions of a simulated war with bots or something

I've never understood why there aren't dev created building stat sheets and devs created walkthroughs , starter clans that run constant ebs by a bot admin

There are ways to make te game easier and more accessible to new people that are not being utilized

4. No this isn't indi. This is a clan war tier system

5. Ok then would each clan be made up of all similar sized builds ?

6. That's why I mentioned about subs etc to accommodate other tiers. Like I said its a suggestion that needs tweaking but a way to try to make wars a more level playing field for all

7. Got ya

I think every idea is worth talking about truthfully

My only point was that most clans aren't all the same build size

8. Maybe drop war altogether and let's all just rp

The world would be a happier place

9. That was a consideration too Spil. But many clans have access to other clans to war from these days. It's also a way to encourage all sizes to war. From small newly joined kingdoms to the larger LB and all on a level playing field. Any new system means change. Trying to think of everything and please everybody isn't easy. Maybe the devs could trial it with the newer small builds to see how they take to it before opening it up? This IS Kingdoms at War. All kingdoms should War or have the opportunity to be able to. They have indi you say? But how many times have you had indi participation ruined by someone? In a clan type environment this is easier to control and all sizes learn how to war as they progress through the tiers.

Only Spil has explored this thought. Many minds make great work. I invite others to think about a war system that could be fair and fun!

10. Support. Not enough doing round wars. Maybe turn bfa off, might increase participation

11. That idea has been floated.
    Whatever tweaks that increase clan wars r helpful
    Tiered clan wars has been mentioned a few times.

At least some trials r worth trying:
    -Round Wars use a hi/low cs BFA/BFE on
    Eg 30m cs differential
    -Round Wars BFA off n BFE on
    -Monthly weekend Tourneys
    Eg 25-30 rosters Primal/Round War format
    -Another format similar to Primal to offset the Hansel Rosters
    Eg Tiers: 0-300m cs
    301-450m cs
    450-600m cs
    601m cs n above
    Others mentioned increased war incentives
    Eg bonus mith for WC n Trackers

Any thoughts on the above tweaks/trials?

12. Or there could be a war that takes in all your bfa only / drops actual cs. That way anyone with bfa is the same (ssh or lb). Not sure how plunder would work though

14. Round War match ups for War 22:

Over/Under is 1

Vote now️

15. All those who voted 0 take a bow

16. Just get on with s5 please. Participation is abysmal across the board. Primals almost as bad as round wars as far as participation goes.

17. Hardly comparable but anyone can guess

Round Wars is a consistent 0 or 1 war
    Primal up to 7 match ups lately

18. 0 round wars this morning .... I'd say it's a defunct type-o-war

19. Saturday/Sunday 1pm PST 4pm EST prime time war slot that North America n the UK n Oz n SGT can play.
    They shoot horses don't they?

SAY NO MORE