Tier 5 KaW Build Calculator

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Dark_assassin_lIllI, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Re: KaW Build Calculator V4.5 by StoneFord

For your consideration, a new version of the spreadsheet above.

I started to put in all the EB equipment, and the % troops calculations and places for BFA, but it got very messy. I am still working on this. ATA has made "strength" a far more interesting thing to sort out.

(A recent mod post in another thread confirmed the +% bonus being a function of troop/spies. So that held me up until I read that confirmation.)

2. Re: KaW Build Calculator V4.5 by StoneFord

Sorry to keep bumping this post, but I specifically want to thank the ATA devs. Due to a simple misunderstanding this post disappeared, but now it's back. We KaWers complain a lot. I've found them very responsive and human.

Watch this space for updates. Even the HLBC players may be interested in this once ATA releases the next tier.

In other news, I will be testing this on an Android device. I figured this works fine, but I've been unable to actually test it using any Android spreadsheet editing apps. Feedback is appreciated.

3. Re: KaW Build Calculator V4.5 by StoneFord

Great work stone and thank you.

4. Re: KaW Build Calculator V4.5 by StoneFord

StoneFord, I've been using these on my 2 year old Android phone for a few months now, and they seem to work fine. A little slow, but it does work. Newer Android devices should have no problem as long as you have an app that allows spreadsheet editing.

5. Re: KaW Build Calculator V4.5 by StoneFord

Have you considered consequence of allies with the builds - eg... after reaching max plunder - plunder may decrease when you have a certain value in allies; certain soldier strength in allies; certain spy strength in allies.? Have you considered a builds effectiveness against other builds ... T3 hansel against T4 osf...?
    As a number person, i really like what you put together - great job!

6. Re: KaW Build Calculator V4.5 by StoneFord

Yes, I have considered it.
    Thank you for your positive feedback.
    -- Stoneford.

Just kidding, I'm never that brief. :)

It's pretty easy for someone to add their BFA to their stats. The old version of the spreadsheet had a plunder calculator, but it was incorrect and noone has ever figured that out. There's too many variables. Instead of propagating misinformation, I removed that column.

This spreadsheet is to calculate Strength given buildings. It does not address troop levels, or BFA, or equipment bonuses or clan bonsuses. I took this on from President (no longer in KaW) after Tier 4 was released. This is during the PW days. Since then, with the introduction of clan bonus and EB equipment, there's a lot more to Strength than there was then.

That said, I am working on an update. But plunder values and build-vs-build is going to be beyond the scope of this document.

I wish to add troop and spy level, and distinguish current strength between static (towers / castle) and variable. I promise to add Tier 5. I started to add Equipment static and variable bonuses, and clan bonuses, and BFA... but it got real ugly real quick. There's a balance to be struck here. I'm thinking a separate worksheet/tab to allow the user to put in their own values. This will be much like SubCultura's .xlsm locked and macro filled version... but unlocked and simple.

7. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

KaW Build Calculator Version 5.0
    Update with Tier 5 information

There is brand new version of the KaW Build Calculator, including Tier 5 building info.

Here's the Build calculator (conveniently numbered) version 5.0

You can download this from Google Docs:
    Download KaW Build Calculator V5.0.
    You can also open it within a browser:
    Open KaW Build Calculator V5.0.

Please note: Neither link works well with the iPhone Forum Browser. Copy the download link into Safari, and use "open in" to edit in a spreadsheet editor app. Both links work well on a PC/Mac. This also worked well on the Android device I'm now using.

New Features:
    - Simplified equations are now compatible with iOS/Android Excel editing apps. You can now edit from your cell phone! This now has been fully tested. It works.
    - Added Castle Level 3
    - Fixed Spy Def Tower Stats
    - Using thousands [K] for gold to save space
    - Formatting updates to make it fit better on a phone.
    - and of course, Tier 5!

Just place the number of buildings in your current or desired kingdom's build.

So, as promised, I brought this version up to date since kaw_admin announced the release. :)

For the spreadsheet-adverse, here's a text version of just the new stats.

The Colony (Balanced)
    Trains: Hornet Drone
    Cost: 25B
    Unit Cap: 1,000
    Unit Strength - Attack: 5,211. Defense: 5,211
    Bonus - Attack: 104,220. Defense: 104,220.
    Strength - Attack: 5,211,000. Defense: 5,211,000.

The Hatchery (Attack)
    Trains: Serpent
    Unit Cap: 900
    Unit Strength - Attack: 5,704. Defense: 3,803.
    Bonus - Attack: 102,672. Defense: 68,454.
    Strength - Attack: 5,133,600. Defense: 3,422,700.

Torture Garden (Defense)
    Trains: Wyrm
    Unit Cap: 900
    Unit Strength - Attack: 4,329. Defense: 5,704.
    Bonus - Attack: 77,922. Defense: 102,672.
    Strength - Attack: 3,896,100. Defense: 5,133,600.

Volary (Spies)
    Trains: Raven Messenger
    Cost: 26.334B
    Unit Cap: 15,000
    Unit Strength - Spy Attack: 238, Spy Defense: 238.
    Bonus - Spy Attack: 71,400, Spy Defense: 71,400
    Strength - Spy Attack: 3,570,000. Spy Defense: 3,570,000.

Arboreal Dungeon (Defense)
    Trains: a tree
    Cost: 6.5B
    Unit Cap: 1
    Unit Strength - Defense: 9,803,483
    Bonus - Defense: 196,070
    Strength - Defense: 9,803,483

Changeling Watchtower
    Trains: a rock
    Cost: 23.275B
    Unit Cap: 1
    Unit Strength - Spy Defense: 5,359,200
    Bonus - Spy Defense: 107,184
    Strength - Spy Defense: 5,359,200

There you go.

I have no information about Plunder or Regeneration rate. I do not cover this information.
    Please see Moose's Q&A thread for news on that front, and other Q&A. This forum is for information, analysis and discussion, not Q&A. ;)

Copious praise and BUMPs are welcome as well. :lol:

P.S. with Editorial commentary:
    1) This is first time the defense strength for any level 1 balanced build is larger than the defense build strength. The same goes for the attack strength. I had to do a triple take to check these results. Who know what lies ahead?
    2) These are four times cheaper than I had anticipated. Thanks developers! :)

[Edit Log]
    Goodstory found error in my excel spreadsheet. Many thanks. The attack bonus values have been fixed for Hatchery and Garden. (They are lower :shock: than the balanced build stats. Perhaps that all will change with Level 2?)

P.P.S. I am pleased that Wulf included and updated my spreadsheet in his excellent Buildings and Land guide. I hope he will consider this snazzy new version is his eventual update. ;)

8. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

Wow, balanced building are much better than others!

9. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

Quick comparison of stats in "bonus to allies" form (multiply by 50 for strength)

T4L3 094,744 / 094,744 Circle of Elementals
    T5L1 104,220 / 104,220 The Colony

T4L3 103,560 / 068,640 Cursed Foundry
    T5L1 102,672 / 068,454 The Hatchery

T4L3 078,672 / 103,860 Titans Liar
    T5L1 077,922 / 102,672 Torture Garden

Please note the T5L1 cost $25B. Cost of the T4L3 troop buildings has been $26.25B. They will be reduced by 50% to $13B. (see kaw_admin announcement)

T2L4 64,960 / 64,960 $27.7B Stronghold of Spies
    T3L1 71,400 / 71,400 $26.3B Volary

T2L3 0 / 097,440 $26.3B Lookout Fortress
    T3L1 0 / 107,184 $23.3B Changeling Tower

T2L3 0 / 124,272 $18.6B Defensive Fortress
    T3L1 0 / 196,070 $06.5B Arboreal Dungeon

The devs will also apply the 50% cost reduction for the "Tier 4" spies and defense towers.

Even so, the T3L1 Defense Tower is an EXCELLENT buy, if you're in the market. There is no reason to purchase the old and busted defense fortress. Besides that tree looks awesome. :D

-- Stoneford

10. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

Just a note. In the post above comparing the stats youve got the CoE and TL names wrong way round.

11. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

Thanks. I fixed it. :)

12. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

Found a small problem when adding the Volary / tier 3 Spy, it is not added to # buildings and under P8 the number is incorrect it doesn't change it for the tier 3. But other than this I believe it is great. Super job keep up the good job. :D

13. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

Bump

14. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

Heads up guys before buying T5
    Devs just changed stats of Att building of T5!!!!!
    Devs just messed it up they changed stats after most of us bought already colony knowing it has the highest stats combo than then rest of T5, now its the garden of torture has the highest combo stats.

15. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

Thanks for the heads up.

T5L1 D: Unit 4810 / 6338 or BTA 086,580 / 114,084
    T5L1 A: Unit 6338 / 4225 or BTA 114,084 / 076,050
    T5L1 B: Unit 5211 / 5211 or BTA 104,220 / 104,220

Now all the stats are exactly 4.4 times the T4L1 stats. Number of units are the same. Regen rate is 75
    I updated the spreadsheet. Thanks again.

Yes, this is a bit frustrating, as I just bought a Colony last night.
    What am I supposed to do with all these Hornets? :lol:
    No, I'm not sure I'd do anything different.

So now each of the T5L1 buildings have 110% of the stats as the T4L3 buildings.

16. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

Thanks for this :)

17. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

How did you know this so long ago?

18. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

I'm psychic :geek:

The top post was "Last edited by StoneFord on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 am, edited 14 times in total. StoneFord"

19. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

Ty! :) Bump

20. Re: Tier 5 (Level 1) KaW Build Calculator

Bump