the TRUE Acronym for Ebola

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Seth, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Hera raisin the roof ️

2. Why do we need one?

At least two studies have shown that Fox News viewers are less informed than people who watch no news at all. That's why you see stuff like this:

[​IMG]

"A poll of Louisiana Republicans released last week contained some strange news for President Obama: Twenty-nine percent of them said that he was responsible for the poor response to Hurricane Katrina — in 2005. This was slightly more than the 28 percent who said President George W. Bush was to blame. An additional 44 percent thought it over but just weren’t sure."
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

As many of us know, but apparently not the majority of Republicans in Louisiana, GW Bush was President in 2005, not Obama.

Why do you think Jindal said the GOP needs to stop being the Stupid Party?

3. Let's not get off topic 

4. AIDS is not a disease. It is the RESULT of a virus.
    HIV

“HIV” stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. To understand what that means, let's break it down: H – Human – This particular virus can only infect human beings. I – Immunodeficiency – HIV weakens your immune system by destroying important cells that fight disease and infection. V- VIRUS

So the question was posed incorrectly.

5. Actually, AIDS is a disease. It's caused by a virus called HIV

"AIDS (Acquired immune deficiency syndrome or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) is a disease caused by a virus called HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)"
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/17131.php

"Human immunodeficiency virus infection and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) is a disease spectrum of the human immune system caused by infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS

And the question was "Larry, does the President have any reaction to the announcement - the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, that AIDS is now an epidemic and have over 600 cases?"

So no, the question wasn't posed incorrectly.

6. You seem pretty uninformed.

If by "a rebel group" you mean ISIS, they didn't "steal" US military hardware. They acquired the hardware abandoned by the Iraqi Army. You know, those guys we spent billions training and equipping.

The proper thing to have done would have been to destroy those vehicles with extreme prejudice?

Do you think we had large numbers of aircraft loitering over Iraq every day just waiting for targets? Your type amuses me. You seem to think war is fought like on TV or the movies. It doesn't work that way. Airstrikes requiring advanced planning and preparation. Then there's the fact that Iraq is a sovereign country and we can't simply just start bombing targets there whenever we feel like it.

As for the "liberal agenda" in Ukraine, I wasn't aware there was one. If you're referring to the US strategy in Ukraine, how has it been a total failure? Russian troops have mostly pulled back across the border and fighting seems to be over. Granted, Russia is still in Crimea, but then we also still have economic sanctions on Russia that are seriously harming their economy.

While I'm at it please remind me what the conservative solution was. Wasn't it "send weapons and troops, and bomb someone"? Had we followed that advice, we'd have had troops in combat there.

Biden's son got a job? The horror.

Get back to me when the Vice President steers billions of dollars in no bid contracts to a company that was still paying him while he was still in office.

Like I said, you seem pretty uninformed. Maybe you should stop "interrupting action" and start listening to commentaries?