The Stone Emperors: Twin Paths to Glory

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Update - 2/2

Hello everyone,

Over the weekend we were made aware of concerns over the amount of Imperial Favor earned between different build sizes.

After carefully evaluating the situation we have decided to adjust the rate at which different build sizes earn Imperial Favor.

As always, we encourage all players to continue to grow and evolve as they progress through the game.

Among the ancient wonders unearthed in the recent earthquakes is a hitherto hidden cavern, whose entrance is blocked by two immovable stone pillars. The inscription at the foot of the left pillar reads:

THE STONE EMPERORS

At the foot of the right pillar is engraved the following:

Long have we abided, we twin emperors.
    Where once towered our shining city, war-loving and proud,
    We alone remain, cursed stewards of a hidden trove.
    A sealed storehouse whose only key is valor.

Two paths can ye follow to our treasure and our liberation:
    The first is the Path of the Hunter, strewn with the bones of beasts.
    The second is the Path of the Arena, with blood and metal paved.
    Collect ye symbols of our favor, and the entrance shall be revealed to you.

Upon reading this inscription, a pillar of blue light bursts upward from the stone pillars and into the sky! The contest for glory and the ancient treasure of the Stone Emperors has begun!

From 12PM PST on January 29th until 12PM PST on February 11th you'll be able to collect various items from either PvE and PvP actions.

In this event there are two different reward routes: The Path of the Hunter (PvE) and The Path of the Arena (PvP). While it's possible to work along both routes we strongly advise focusing on a primary route until you reach your desired rewards.

The Path of the Hunter

Collect Game Pelts, Prize Tails, Prey Teeth, and Quarry Nails as you slay beasts and complete Epic Battles. Collect all four of these items and they'll automatically combine into a Hunter Trophy. Wars will also drop completed Hunter Trophies.

You'll earn various rewards based on the number of these trophies you have at the end of the event.

The Path of the Arena

Start by opting-in to the Path of the Arena by casting Oath of the Arena at the Alchemist.

Warning:Opting-in lasts for the ENTIRE DURATION of the event and there will be no way to opt-out after doing so.

Opted in players will:
    • Have their name coloured orange to indicate their participation
    • Have a spell indicating their participation on their profile
    • Have their Battle List updated to show only players who have opted-in

You'll then need to earn Imperial Favor by hitting other opted-in players. These Imperial Favors are generated and cannot be stolen, with the number generated depending on the number the person you are hitting has as well as their size. Wars will also drop Imperial Favour.

You'll earn various rewards based on the amount of Imperial Favour you have at the end of the event.

Gladiator Blade

When you hit another opted-in player there's a chance that the Gladiator Blade spell is activated. This spell lasts for 24 hours, and has the following properties:
    • Provides you with more plunder when attacking or stealing from opted-in players
      (This does not take effect during wars)
    • Allows you to obtain more Imperial Favor when attacking or stealing from opted-in players
    • Provides you with a chance of creating Mithril out of thin air when attacking or stealing from opted-in players
    • Will be visible on your profile as an active spell
    • CAN BE STOLEN when you are attacked or stolen from by opted-in players. If stolen you will lose the spell, and the attacking player will receive it. Duration is not reset when stolen but continues to count down from where it was for the previous owner.

Note: You cannot steal another player's Gladiator Blade spell when you have an active Gladiator Blade spell yourself.

Imperial Plea

Imperial Plea may be purchased in the Marketplace for 59 Nobility Points and casts the Imperial Benediction spell on ALL of your current clan members. If you already have an Imperial Benediction Spell active you will not be able to purchase it until the current spell expires.

This spell lasts for 1 hour and has the following properties:
    • Provides you with more plunder when attacking or stealing from opted-in players
      (This is able to stack with the Gladiator Blade spell)
    • Allows you to earn more Imperial Favor when attacking or stealing from opted-in players
      (This is able to stack with the Gladiator Blade spell)
    • Prevents other players from being able to steal your Gladiator Blade spell while Imperial Benediction is active
    • Will be visible on your profile as an active spell

Rewards

Rewards indicated below can be earned by collecting the indicated amount of Hunter Trophies OR Imperial Favor. If you choose to participate in both tiers, it is possible to earn rewards for EACH path. This means that you can in theory earn each tier twice. Note: Despite being able to earn multiples of reward tiers you are NOT able to earn more than one of each type of equipment or banner.

Top 10 Hunter Trophies
    - OR -
    Top 10 Imperial Favor

Emblem of the Stone Emperors
    (2.00% Attack, 0.75 Defense, 2.50% Spy Attack, 1.50% Spy Defense)
    Golden Galerus Imperator
    (18,433,230 Attack, 10,537,732 Defense, 13,169,565 Spy Attack, 7,895,497 Spy Defense)
    5 Seals of the Damned
    20 Health Crystal
    150 Aqua
    150 Inferno
    25% PvE Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    25% PvP Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    Achievement (Gold)

Top 100 Hunter Trophies
    - OR -
    Top 100 Imperial Favor

Banner of the Gladiator
    (1.50% Attack, 0.50% Defense, 2.00% Spy Attack, 1.00% Spy Defense)
    Galerus Imperator (+10)
    (16,834,000 Attack, 9,623,500 Defense, 12,027,000 Spy Attack, 7,210,500 Spy Defense)
    3 Seals of the Damned
    10 Health Crystal
    100 Aqua
    100 Inferno
    20% PvE Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    20% PvP Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    Achievement (Level 5)

Top 500 Hunter Trophies
    - OR -
    Top 500 Imperial Favor

Pennant of the Lion
    (1.00% Attack, 0.25% Defense, 1.50% Spy Attack, 0.50% Spy Defense)
    Galerus Imperator
    (9,817,500 Attack, 5,610,000 Defense, 7,012,500 Spy Attack, 4,207,500 Spy Defense)
    3 Horn of Calydor
    6 Health Crystal
    50 Aqua
    50 Inferno
    15% PvE Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    15% PvP Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    Achievement (Level 4)

Top 1000 Hunter Trophies
    - OR -
    Top 1000 Imperial Favor

Titan's Shoulder(+10)
    (13,290,000 Attack, 7,597,500 Defense, 9,495,000 Spy Attack, 5,692,500 Spy Defense)
    1 Horn of Calydor
    4 Health Crystal
    25 Aqua
    25 Inferno
    12% PVE Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    12% PvP Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    Achievement (Level 3)

1000 Hunter Trophies
    - OR -
    1000 Imperial Favor

Titan's Shoulder
    (7,507,500 Attack, 4,290,000 Defense, 5,362,500 Spy Attack, 3,217,500 Spy Defense)
    1 Health Crystal
    15 Aqua
    15 Inferno
    10% PvE Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    10% PvP Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    Achievement (Level 2)

500 Hunter Trophies
    - OR -
    500 Imperial Favor

Pauldron of the Hunter (+10)
    (9,746,000 Attack, 5,571,500 Defense, 6,963,000 Spy Attack, 4,174,500 Spy Defense)
    10 Aqua
    10 Inferno
    8% PvE Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    8% PvP Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    Achievement (Level 1)

200 Hunter Trophies
    - OR -
    200 Imperial Favor

Pauldron of the Hunter
    (5,197,500 Attack, 2,970,000 Defense, 3,712,500 Spy Attack, 2,227,500 Spy Defense)
    5 Aqua
    5 Inferno
    5% PvE Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    5% PvP Plunder Spell (7 Days)
    Achievement (Level 1)

2. No thanks. Gimme rewards free pl0x

3. Sweet seems like a fun event! Too bad there is an osw QQ

4. If I opt in will I still be able to war?

5. KaW is confusing

6. Yes, however any event spells that increase your PVP plunder will not apply during war.

7. Ok cool I'm opting in now

8. Lmao bob

9. Game on motherfuckers

10. I don't like to make decisions. So I'll do both. Approve.

11. The "Imperial Favour" cannot be stolen by other players?

12. If I opt in can I still osw?

13. Somehow I feel that Hte clans will rule this event again... Hmmm... Wonder what makes me think this way...

But thanks Devs for more free stuff!

14. Love how practically everyone enjoys the PvP ones but hates the normal ones. Meh I'm retired-ish so bleh have fun all =^.^=

15. The Imperial Favor CANNOT be stolen by other players. However, the number of Favor you generate will depend on the number of items the defender has (If you have loads of Favor, I will get more items from attacking you than someone who has fewer items than me).

If you want to play HTE you can, but you can also earn all of the rewards via the Path of the Arena. No EBs required.