The History of Wars in KaW

Discussion in 'Wars' started by ShadowofRegrets, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Hey there Forumers and Forum Readers,

I'm the type of guy that likes reminiscing about the past. Lately I've been thinking about how much KaW has changed in the System War aspect. Estoc Warring relatively started around two years ago (though I know that PWars were its predecessor) and under went several major changes as many of you old vets may remembers such as Estoc Trials and Classic wars and even Guild Hansels (Yes! Those existed!)

If my memory serves correct, Estoc Warring was in full swing at around March/April two years ago. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I started warring around this time (though I was in a clan I had owned before - on my main...yes this account is an alt :lol: - when we were fairly inexperienced). But anyway, during this time, these "Estoc Trials" as they came to be known as were a long grueling 4 hours of continuous hitting and turtling and crystalline, trying to gain the advantage over the opponents. And this old style of play continued on until the devs released the first ever Rancor Season that involved much shorter 2 hour wars using the set KO of 15 min. Naturally, by the end of the season, there were many complaints regarding the Guild Hansel Exploits and the stacking of each roster. The devs attempted to amend this by nerfing the Guild Hansels thus unknowingly creating a new class of builds called the Shadow Hansels.

Additionally, the devs released a series of test wars that experimented with different roster sizes (that went to as much as 50 or 100?), Advantage KO, Random KO, and a new shorter and fast paced 1 hour war. We also saw the emergence of different builds such as the Super Shadow Hansel (Ssh) or Modified Shadow Hansel (MSh). During these times, the devs received feedback via forums to develop, hopefully, a better Rancor Season 2. As Rancor S2 came around, the community saw the wars that had been on test just weeks prior to the release incorporated into the typical Classic war style. As expected, by the end of the season, complaints were still being issued regarding the new Sh exploits and roster Stacking. Next came a series of even more test wars. Season 3 would include roughly the same type of warring as Rancor S2.

Finally, as Rancor S4 came around, the KaWmmunity saw the emergence of a new build the Pure Spy that absolutely tore through Shadow Hansel-stacked rosters, causing a great upset in the Leaderboards-especially Laoda's Pure Spy warring clan. In addition to this the devs released Primal and Individual type wars in combination to the medley of Advantage, Random, and Classic styles of warring. So when Rancor S4 finally came out, it included these new wars.

As Rancor S4 came to a close, the devs released an ongoing warring schedule that involved wars that ran 3-4 times a day varying from different types of Individual wars to different types of Clan-based wars each with Primal, Advantage, Random, and Classic Styles. As clan-based wars seem to die, individual-based wars seem to take a firm foothold in the KaWmmunity.

What was the point of this thread you may ask? Well after reading this (long) thread :geek: , I hope to unearth some memories or opinions about the changes that System Wars has underwent in the past 2 years. Feel free to leave an opinion on which "era" you most preferred: (1) Estoc Trials; (2) Rancor S1; (3) Rancor S2; (4) Rancor S3; (5) Rancor S4; (6) Indi/Primal. Additionally, if this thread also unearth some old wars and/or Estoc War Clans that are worth mentioning, please do so in the comments below. If a Glossary is needed to explain the acronyms I can provide them in an edited version. Veterans of EE wars, if I missed anything or have anything incorrect, leave it in the comments and I'll do my best to edit it.

In my opinion, I definitely preferred the old Rancor S1 style wars that utilized 15 minute, set KO wars with roster sizes of 25 because of the coordination and strategy of War Commanders and participants in each clan.

Thanks for reading

~SORS

2. I liked s1 and before. It was a more familial war where anyone could win with any roster. It was just on skill. S1 was good, plenty of small clans thrived, I was at worms and we basically had FFA casting and u had to cast so fast or you wouldn't get into the war XD

3. This ain't wars

4. History of Wars - you talk about ESTOC EDGE wars?!?!?

What the **** this is ridiclous. Is this what is Kaw nowadays? Ee has nothing to do with war, they are strangely called war, but just no, no, no, no, this makes me sick.

The history of war is about uwf/zig, aah, os/yafi, oG/wdgaf #1 Zaft apoc #1 Zaft,wdgaf/apoc,umbrella,oG and the many many many other real wars.

Not a single ee war deserves to appears there.

5. Amen

6. The oldest type of wars were fought without any sort of system that aided you, simply because there was none. You'd decide that from now on we are in a war, and would then farm each other till one clan's leader would capitulate on the other clan's leader's wall.

7. You two nubs are full of yourselves. EE wars are a type of war just like OSW is another type. If you don't wanna do EE, that's up to you. No need to diss the op cause you suck at EE.

8. This is why I said **System War **in the last 2 years. I understand that there are other aspects of wars but I've never participated in them, therefore only focusing on EE.

Sorry about the misleading title.

9. Ahh I remember you worms :) a great war clan and defenitely made most clans have a run for the money. Respect, your guys were a great war team and also had a great commander.

10. I always refer to ee as " EE battles"

11. I was really disappointed when I found out this wasn't about OSW :cry:

12. Worms.. ahh the memories.

13. We use the term. "EE War." When we should be using, "EE Battle."

An OSW is a long term thing, undefinable by time during the moment. You know how long and EE Battle will be.

I didn't fully read, just read the post about it. Will do so later.

14. I want to point out the gh wasnt dealt with until November AFTER s2. Not before as you have it put. Plus gh werent truly big until the May-June after s1. You also skipped the importance of s3. S3 was truly the most game changing with sh/lb rosters, ps/lb rosters, the all sh rosters, and definitely the utilization of mids was grown greatly with variety from all towers to simple little towered hansels.

Since then, nothing has changed. We call hansels different names now but no ones cone up with the next game changing strategy since "PS1" ( hansels *cough* ) stacking in primal.

15. And SH didnt emerge in S2. It was December after S2, a full month after the fang event ended following S2.

EE isnt warring. Its a quick little battle to get mith and bonus

16. ^ This guy paid attention in history class

17. Sorry about that :) but thanks for the correction