The Full KaW Warring Guide

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by CoS-Dillybar, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Lol i agree with them

STICKY :D

2. There are several things wrong here.

Depending on what strategy you're using for war, you should have 0 pots (pure spy in war should never use def pots, just means you're an easy win that pays an extra $3m per hit or so cause of the pots) or have way more than the numbers you gave. A real war, if you're gonna be sleeping or otherwise not self-pinning at all times, should have more like 500 or 1000 of def and spydef pots, maybe even 1500 spydef since you can be stolen like mad and all.

Entering a war with full troops and $0 makes no sense. The instant you win an attack, you have millions in gold so your $0 is irrelevant unless you can't win. And if you join with full troops, the enemy clan will start pounding you the instant they see that you joined, and you may or may not have had enough to get your troops below 20% in that time. You should come in with just barely more than 20% troops if you plan on self-pinning, especially if on iDevice where attacks are slow (PC you can spam the spacebar and attack 10 times in a few seconds, IF your target has enough troops to support it).

You say that Hansels can only be attacked by other Hansels or similar builds. That's not even true outside of war. And if you're familiar with the war system, anyone can be attacked by anyone else, there are no restrictions. So this makes no sense at all.

You didn't really get into ally stat bonuses at all, which are one of the hugest factors in determining who wins a war.

You also didn't cover the importance of having a strong and active roster, which is without question the #1 thing in determining who wins or loses a war.

Also, you can actually use 9 crystals in a war, not just 6, but I guess that trick is still not mainstream. Maybe it will be now that I mention it. 

The dirty Pure Spies trick you mention isn't a dirty tactic. It's a strategy. And since pure spies can be stolen from most of the time (if they're going to try for plunder, anyway) it's a super easy tactic to win against.

Seeking to pin targets doesn't make sense as a strategy with either of your main strategies (play from dtw or turtle) being used by the opposing team. Anyone you're pinning is inactive, if they're using the dtw strategy, so pinning them isn't really relevant. And if they're playing the turtle strategy, where they make no income anyway, and are probably one of few people on the roster if not the only person, then what is the purpose of pinning them. Pinning is super misunderstood. People think it's good, or that theyre awesome for pinning guys on the other side... Much of the time the guy you just pinned is either inactive or playing from dtw but just stepped away for a minute. In either case him being pinned just means he's no longer available as a target.

You say there are three main war builds... Turtle and pure spy/ Hansel. The turtle is a good special-purpose war build that gets used fairly infrequently and sucks at generating plunder. Pure spy is one of the worst builds for war, unless you've been vollied way up, into the $40b range or more, $200b if you wanna be more safe. Pure spy with allies on a war roster is the worst thing ever, unless those allies are vollied up over $40b, more like $200b, as well. Hansel is only a good war build versus the weakest of adversaries. Otherwise its terrible, unless you have lb-caliber ally bonuses, and actually even then it's generally a bad build.

The best build for war, which you've left out completely, is a mixed build with 150k atk or more, and as high of ally stat bonuses as you can muster.

Again, you left off ally stat bonuses, which are the key to offense in a war.

This guide needs to be heavily reworked if it's going to be useful in helping people out with war. Good try though.

3. Sry tmh only read the first few paragraph but
    hansels need money out to be hit now. At least most of the time. Like (comparing) yoi can SOMETIMES be stolen from when you have 0 gold.

4. Some people can hit a Hansel with $0 out, others can't. It's nothing specific to a Hansel, it's just like every other mixed build out there. And they can be stolen like anyone else, too, even with no money out... By anyone if their spies are above 20%, and by some people even if their spies are at 0.

5. True, you shouldn't have def pots for pure spies but you need them for most of the other builds

6. When you join the war, you will be attack spammed but you usually can get all of your attacks off before they attack you

7. I didn't know a lot of that stuff thanx dillybar

8. J3J3 told me that only hansels could attack each other- not my info

9. I talk about ally plunder not ally stat bonus. This isn't about your stats it's about wars

10. I didn't know that you could use 9 xstals . Cool

11. Pure spies trick is considered by many to be a dirty trick as normal attack builds are unable to hit them.

12. Pinning targets keeps the enemy from hitting you

13. And 150k attack won't beat anyone ;)

14. Ahhh my god great thread this should be a requirement for all 'war' clans to read this to join!!

15. Tmh, I've done some testing with an inactive hansel and found only hansels can hit it, is this not true? My tests show it is but I'll try some more

16. Dun dun duuuuuuuuu

17. I LOVE DILLYBAR

NICE THREAD

I JUST FAINTED

LOL

18. Lol

Mission Success :D