The Ethics of in Battle Name Changing

Discussion in 'Wars' started by ShelbyS, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok....where to start?

2. A lot of things used to fit in to the game mechanics and algorithms and they changed them for being exploits, unfair or because it was negatively effecting the game. These types of things are exactly why this is done. Rules change all the time so don't just say "because you can do it, it's fair". If that were the case they would have never changed tower mechanics for ee wars.

3. Clans who stop warring because they don't have the money to continue to do name changes will cost the devs more money than allowing name changes. And players that are affected by the name changes can not be quantified by just the number of clans who war, but more so the clans that don't war because of things like this.

4. I am now more stupid for reading this post.

/endsarcasm

5. Cant u just ff the war if u get a match with a name changing clan

6. Again, A lot of things "used to be" apart of the game. Things change and improve over time. Let's go back to being able to upgrade after match-ups if that's how you feel.

7. i see this post a lil funny cause ive warred u a few weeks back and alot of u jumped spots by buying allies.... and its cool i see it was a strategy that u took advantage of so why question other peoples strategy? anyways happy kawing :D

8. We have beat plenty of barcode clans. Nobody is saying that "it's no fair!", or crying as you stated. We are asking people's opinion if you think it is something that should be changed about the game. Apparently you feel that it shouldn't. So a simple "no" would have sufficed.

9. Shouldnt matter much, and name change has nothing to do with skill. You get same plunder off them reguardless of if they change name or not.

10. A good thought. Proper grammar. Addressed the OP. Very nice post and actual input! Thank you!

11. Barcodes and using similar names is a form of camouflage... This has been used in warfare for centuries.

12. Worms are actually very good at warring thank you very much and there are ways to track us....

13. Hello fellow Worm.

@ who-by-fire...nice. good point. Hadn't thought of it like that.

14. Says the statless alt (at least I hope your a statless alt) to the player on the LB...

15. Another actual opinion with some specific examples of why you feel this way. Bravo. This is true, warfare is warfare is warfare. My question to you is, and has already been stated/asked, if we all truly felt this way, then why were tower mechanics changed? Why can we no longer upgrade after matchup? Why can we no longer kick players mid-war? Why can we no longer buy large amounts of allies after matchup? Please answer those questions.

16. Please, please, PLEEEEAAAAAASSSEEEE, allow us to use unlimited xstals. I can guarantee you that us having Errant in our clan alone would allow us to win every war! If the devs were all about making money and didn't care about anything else (as has been claimed by many), then they would do this and we would win. (please feel free to check Errant's stats and when he received his most recent "Loyalty" achievement.)

17. All of those things listed were deemed by the devs that those mechanics were a true unfair advantage. The game mechs behind tower builds made them impossibly unfair all who warred early on Would know this. And the latter 2 were ways of boosting up a clans stats to get more favorable matchups. I would not put name changes in that same category

18. A couple of things for this...
    1) If name changes mean "diddly squash", then why did your clan spend the money to do it? The fact of the matter is that, even if it only takes a few minutes to adjust, it does mean something. Bravo to your clan for taking advantage of this.
    2) You are absolutely correct. Names did not win that war. Strategy, 100%, won that war.
    3) This game is in a continual state of change. So why is it unthinkable to think that this is a factor to the game that can/will be changed?
    4) Congrats for never posting in forums or asking if you are wrong or right! Apparently the thousands who do are all idiots. /endsarcasm

19. I would venture to say that the recent loss definitely pushed this topic over the top to get Adam to post this thread, but it is certainly been a topic of conversation for quite sometime. But you are absolutely correct, that will will take the loss and learn from it and hope to be better next. You have a respectable post and thanks for your opinion.

20. The changing of the names is ridiculous, but there's no rule against it and it's easily dealt with if you've got the right people on the job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.