The Case for Better paying EBs

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by -hippy-, Oct 23, 2021.

1. One thing that has interested me for a long time was this idea of Build Complete (BC). To this date, I've never been BC and probably never will. To this date, no one is BC on pallumen and I dont expect this to change even in the next year. In fact, I probably wont even Land Complete (LC) within the next year.

It's just.. not worth it. I did some poking around and it seems like building a lvl 8 Pallumen troop building grants me about 2-4T gold extra per xtal (this includes end bonus) on promo HTR (depends on how good the promo is) while running crux, ee5, fates, bc, and 13% Br. My next land is 12.6Q. It would cost me an additional 6.8Q in opportunity cost to put up a lvl 8 building for a total cost of 19.4Q gold. Now i wonder how many xtals do I have to run on the best promo HTR to make my money back? Well, if i use my upper bound (4t extra per xtal) I just need to run... 5000 ish xtals before I make that money back.

Its not like I'm on the last land or anything. This is land #19 and I need 5000 xtals to break even on my investment. Land 25 is muuch worse. FS lvl 9,10 are even worse than Land 25 (but can at least be bought with plates) and pallumen lvl 9,10 are so horrendously gold inefficient its laughable for me to seriously consider them.

Ok but then that begs the question - what else can i really spend my gold on? Is it better than investing in land that will take years and thousands of dollars to break even on? Well the ally market is actually really good right now. With that same 19Q, i can get 50b in bfa which is so much more than the 25b in stats the new building would give me. So as long as I dont get stripped, yeah this just seems better

How do we fix this? How do we get people to actually land complete? Well the key is with eb payouts. If I could break even with fewer xtals then of course I'd be happier to do the upgrades. Let's have an eb that pays more.. much more than HTR. Lets imagine it pays 50% better and suddenly it only costs me 3k xtals to break even. Well maybe then I'll actually explore the next land. There's a secondary effect where it also makes the ally market less desirable (if everyone makes more gold then it will cost more gold to have the same bfa), further encouraging people to explore lands.

So for Black Friday 2021, please give us ebs that pay better:)

As of today, over half of the top 50 ally lb are NOT land complete and almost every one of them has the gold to do so easily. Lets fix that

2. Don’t make another premium EB… Make non premium EBs pay more so normies can actually feel normal progression. A rework is needed to the entire EB system anyways. The gold payout is useless across the board other than HTR during promos.

Way back when… HLBC was actually attainable and a goal you work towards. What end game is there now?

fire_mando and Thrawn like this.
  3. Gold from hitting and end bonus is practically insignificant compared to the value of pallumen plate drops, especially for f2p ebs. Dropping lv8 pm is so very much more valuable than the gold from, say, two months of 16h active days hitting goth/noth in a quick clan. Would be nice to see eb (and pvp, for that matter) gold be boosted in some fashion to make ebs more relevant than "avenue for pm plates."

4. Absolutely agree with you, I only hope they don't release something like AOTA which requires a huge amount of charms to even hit successfully and do damage, I get that the devs wanted a challenging eb, but only a very few select clans even run AOTA, and not that regularly, plus the end pay out for how hard it is to hit doesn't seem worth while either.... Kinda dreading the next eb in that line 😅 but a better paying eb would be amazing, both a free one and a premium one, to keep things somewhat fair and balanced for those who spend and to those who don't

5. I liked the idea for aota but it serves a mostly nonexistant market. LB players with mass charms and furniture who aren't hitting premiums. You need about 50b in static troop and spy atk to hit a full bar with no fails and trillions of charms to do similar damage on aota as most do on noth. Aota doesnt have much more health than noth and goth. People just do way less damage, especially hansels

Ok so it seems like the uber big players can just make their own clan and run b2b aota no issues right? Well if you take a look at the "biggest" clans like Retribution, not even they are big enough to run aota quickly. Ok so why arent all the big lb players getting in 1 clan to run b2b AOTA? Well a lot of the big LB players also have a lot of nobs, and they just hit NK/HTR instead. So we're at this weird spot where the people big enough to speed aota along hit premiums instead, and the free to play players struggle big time.

It is getting better though. N4S has been doing a great job at running quick AOTA and is a great place to be. I think making AOTA easier for free to play players and potentially dropping rewards a little would be good. I know a lot of players who dont hit GOTH only after reaching max event tier because they want pallumen plates only, and this creates a weird situation where NOTH mb fills up way faster than GOTH mb. If AOTA were more common and easier to hit, even with lower rewards, this problem would be mitigated

6. The idea of increasing payouts for lower ebs was suggested quite a few years ago and got ignored pretty much.... You nail it exactly with this post yes it needs to happen.
    Support
    If this game doesn't evolve it will not last another ten years.
    Great post

7. ANECDOTE : If you are living you are winning 🤗🥰🎶 fail or not

8. Reality is Lb should be able to fail just like real life can do..... I'm yet to see this in our game . . It's too busy being a yes man rich or no man poor server as is which our capitalist lives 😳🤪 blah what more can I say

9. Ebs really do need better gold per hit. I’ve been probably one of the most active accounts since pal lands were created. I had a build complete acct prior to Pal lands. I have been in premiums non stop since the lands existed. Drop lots of xtals every promo and many outside of promos even. Earned lots of plates and after all 25 lands were lv8 I have liquidated all extra plates at 6.85Q per 200 PP. And over the course of that time, I have added about 600Q to my account. That’s a lot right? Well, apparently not based on how expensive these buildings are. It would take 1338Q to upgrade all Pal buildings from 8-10.

All that to say, even a BC acct going into new lands who sits in premiums constantly and drops mass xtals every promo, it will take 3 years+ to get to pal BC if I valued building stats over bfa. New lands will probably exist before then based on recent history of new lands every 2 years. They should probably increase gold from ebs by 2-3x so the most active accounts in the game at least have a chance of getting to BC before new lands.