super smash brothers - n64

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -BREEZY-, Oct 20, 2014.

1. If this is against tou, please lock and accept my apologies.

I saw someone mention super smash brothers on the old school nostalgia thread, and I was inspired to make a short shitty thread to tell everyone how awesome I was at that game.

Soooo

[​IMG]

The original N64 version was the best. I played the game cube version a bit but it sucked.

What I loved about the original was what my friends and I called "the thump". It was a smash done from the air that sent the opponent straight down to their death. If you're timing was right, it's unstoppable.

The only characters that could do this move were: samus, donkey, yoshi, ness, and falcon.

[​IMG]

Ness however, was my favorite. His "thump" was by far the most effective and easiest to time. Plus he had the best "get back on" than anyone in the game.

You put me on this level:
    [​IMG]

...with ness, and I can't lose.

Anyone out there play this game before and know what I'm talking about? It's sad but I probably put 30 hours/week into this game for a year or two in college. Good times...

2. I used to love fox in the original - break the targets was fun! Classics man, I love em! Nostalgia at it's height ️

3. I use samus always

4. Falco used to be my favorite character in SSBM. He used to be able to do the thump thing you say. I consider SSB one of the most successful games created by Nintendo.

5. I enjoyed original bros, but i enjoyed melee more.

I had that game mastered like a baws.

6. Link and Sammus.. Nuff said

7. cf granted.

enjoy your kaw.

8. I remember this game a little

9. I used Roy for game cube.. I love this game

10. Link, because boom

11. Gamecube smashbros.

Nuff said

12. This game is amazing. I got it for my N64, GameCube, then I only bought a Wii for that game and Mario Kart. Link ftw

13. Marth or Roy

14. Marth all the way

15. I never used ness actually

16. Kirby was the best.

17. Pikachu was the best hands down

18. I used Mario all the time. When i played not many knew how to use the bat. But there was a secret to getting a home run all the time. If i grabbed the bat you had to run for the hills 

19. I had a friend that was a beast with Jigglypuff. The fucker was a pain in the ass indeed.

20. I still play it and I'm wondering how one does this special move ?