Summer War, final result: Last Rights Wins.

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Moose2, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Totally true angel; any clan made up of mercs and top players can win

2. Ok clan of 50 hansels with no spy def pots staying pinned for 24hrs.

Next challenge.

3. Congrats to Lart Rights on their win.

4. Last* I fat fingered the keyboard.

5. I'd like to see someone pull off a <150m loss with around 55 members versus an Lb clan, significantly stronger, in a sw lasting 12-24hrs.

6. Ok check regulators war history vs k.a.w.k.

Next challenge.

7. Over 2.5b. Perhaps you need to check again.

8. Congrats to Last Rights. I was not expecting this end result but I did expect ZAFT Destiny to have their work cut out for them. Much respect to Last Rights.

9. That's because they didn't sell of the def pots like last rights did in their war. That's the only reason zaft destiny didn't score more from their hits.

Much larger margin of victory though.

10. Oops my bad. We really shouldn't have done that.

11. Snr agreed osw more fun but we don't get shiny new items guess its wether you want shiny new items and boring game or have a little fun 
    I personally tend to go for bit of both
    Gotta try keep up right?

12. Why not? It was a good move. Idk why someone hasn't it done it yet. Common sense should tell ya it's a sure fire way to win a turtle war

13. I disagree. Here are some thoughts.
    1. Try to find 60 people that have the dedication to win (remember, when warring Zaft, one player screws up and you lose)
    2. Just staying pinned is not enough, became someone has to earn plunder.
    3. The real skill is in finding and exploiting leaks, which we did with Zaft. Every leak found in Zaft was small and short lived, so talented leak finders are crucial.

So "just staying pinned for 24 hours" will give you a big fat loss. Both Last Rights and Zaft knew this, and both played accordingly.

I dont think she does "enjoy" them. (sorry if I'm speaking out of turn for you Angel) but every remark I have seen her make about SW is that they suck. She has been consistent on this commentary, so I fail to recognize your allegation
    If you'll read what I said above, you'd see there is a fair bit more to it than that, but if you doubt me, I would love to see you on the next teams roster that we war.

14. Wait a sec...you mean in a turtle war you gotta find the enemies leaks and attack them like hell in the short window you get!?

There was a day and age when large groups of zaft would merc together to system war and guess what. They didn't always win. They aren't some unbeatable force.

Lol wise moose. You're just reflecting on the basics of war that any player should know.

15. People who hate on system wars are just being silly. You can't set aside 12 hours each week to war for mith, items, nobs, aqua/inferno? How many of these wars actually lasted the full 24? The new system is 12 hours exclusively.
    This is a war game, these are the wars you fight. OSW are just farming with organization. No one knows who's winning..
    IF they know your warring in the first place.

16. Ooz why would you call your leader silly after moose post she thinks they suck? Lol that's a little funny

17. Congrats to Last Rights for a well strategized win. Zaft deserves kudos for a commendable second place. It was an impressive end to the Summer Tournament.

18. @supe- that was one player active in that war. Not 55-60.

I'd like to respectfully request that this topic be a friendly, dignified conversation about the first war tourney in kaw history.

It takes a small person to attempt to troll a thread about a historic moment in kaw history.

I'm not suggesting that people do not post their opinions or feelings about the war tourney, the clans involved, or the system in general. I just would like to see everyone maintain a semblance of class while doing so.

Some clarifications:

To the best of my knowledge and the knowledge of LR council, no strip ever occurred by our side during the war. When the player in question was caught open by our sweepers, he/she was already open for steals to both attack builds and hansels. It would have been a bit silly to strip an already open target.

Last Rights have no qualms admitting to a strip if it had occurred. That is part of war, both system and osw. We stripped numerous times in the wars leading up to the finals and admitted to it each and every time.
    LR members were stripped by ZAFT throughout the war. However, we hold no grudges for this. It is a part of war and would expect no less.

Everyone in LR played an integral part in winning this war. Do not disparage the effort and dedication it took to pull this off. Angel worked incredibly hard putting together a fantastic roster for us. She is an amazing player and tactician. Our strategy for war was superb and our members were dedicated and focused on their goal. Just staying pinned does not win a war. Getting 55 people In different time zones to not only stay in pin, follow their instructions to carry out our war strategy, remain vigilant and awake throughout, and still manage to pull in plunder is a great achievement.

I am so very proud of LR and what they have done.

This is likely to be the last big war (unless the changes are not introduced before the asw) with the current war system and props should be given to everyone who participated.

All of our opponents were veritable.

Specifically, I'd like to give my respect to ZD for a very well fought battle. It was an honor to fight against you. You are all amazing warriors and fighters.

19. @sup- even if we had not sold our sdp (which was an excellent strategy and should be viewed as such), the war history shows that we had over 500 more steals and 20-some more attacks. Our plunder would have still exceeded ZD's.

20. @magoo- when we started the war tourney, we were a brand new clan. We did not expect to do as well as we did. The goal of the war tourney, for most of us, was not for items but to prove that a group of rag-tag strip farmers could come together and not only be known for our skills in osw but that we are a top clan to contend with, the best tacticians around, the most dedicated warriors, and the top, most prestigious war clan in kaw.

It was a side project. Lol.