Strips: Gold taken from steals

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Davey_Jones, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Yayyy I know how to strip

2. Can you edit this with how much steal bars it takes to get x% from the gold out? It makes the gold loss easier to calculate.

I cant yell out in cc that i have 11 sucessfull steal but i can say hb

3. All you have to do is divide those numbers by 18, assuming bars were full successes

4. This seems about right... I always winged it and assumed 1,000 was a little more than half a players gold out

5. I usually calculated losses with 0,1% loss per steal, which gives pretty much the same result.

Whenever you run a strip and add up the reported fb steals run onto the target, depending in the size and spydef of the target, a much more conservative number of 15 or even only 12 successful steals per fb would be appropriate.

So you'd basically be at 50% taken after 50 to 60 fbs. 100 fbs would equate to losses around 70-75%, which would be a highly successful strip.

Once less than 1,5b is out (if I correctly remember my tests), the amount of gold stolen per steals becomes constant (dependant on relative sizes).

Nice reference numbers, handy thread if you are into the osw business.

6. You better then Einstein as him you don't have to much to do in your spare time then give stupid numbers

7. Dont forget land and bronze bars!

8. Nice, I always got told/taught that it took 2,372 steal actions to clear a strip. Thanks

9. Strip mechanics

Gold lost. Times stole/full bars*
    1% Lost = 13 / 0.72
    5% Lost = 65/3.6
    10% Lost = 132/ 7.3
    25% Lost = 360/ 20
    50% Lost = 867/48.1
    75% Lost = 1733/96.2
    90% Lost = 2877/159
    95% Lost = 3743/ 208
    99% Lost = 5754/ 320
    99.9% Lost = 8632/479
    *1 fb= 18 steals

10. You got those numbers from the future combat thread I'm assuming. They're fairly consistent with mine. Not sure his assumptions or testing methods.

11. Very cool thread

12. 7672 steals. That's when you clean em out.

Here at apoc. We call that going full harbinger.

13. Your % taken is a little off. Test it when stealing from a smaller account (only accounting for buildings and BFA). You'll find that its .08% taken. You're numbers are still pretty close. 

14. % taken also goes up in tiers as you get closer to 0 gold. But anything > 3b had the same % taken. 

15. Once under 5bil it depends on size of build if they are full troops or almost pinned and so fourth 

16. Actually. Troop % doesn't impact % taken per steal.

17. With low amount of gold it does, such as 5bil that's y osfs always lowered there spies and held out a few hundred mil. Same reason steal stripping a hansel is extremely difficult to take there last little bit of gold as they losing only a few 100k rather then 4-5mil of an attack build.

18. You've gotta weigh the fact of stealing from a smaller account to the increase in the ratio from a larger account. I find 0.0009 is a safe middle ground.

19. True

20. Was a good read, anyone else have something for op to add, as in proven factual info, would be appreciated surely but kudos anyway lol :D