Starter Clans

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Caribou, Oct 15, 2013.

1. @crown:did you read the referral system I placed in the thread?

2. But anyways, this is just a suggestion that will probably stay that way.

3. No support, will remove the small clans

4. TOTAL SUPPORT !!!

5. i think a mod proposed this idea and it could work but it would take hard work from the "leaders" and u would still have problems with clans wanting to start sub clans and this new thing making it harder on them to grow

6. Great idea Caribou. AKA BUMP!

7. for the leaders of the starter clan instead of having to be in the clan how about a list on the clan page for people who have volunteered to help for a quick link to thier walls
    to be most effective it would need to show whois currently active as to help prevent walling a volunteer that is offline/sleeping

8. as for the being flooded with questions like what item to use for each eb or what to do for each bar in an eb have it come across ca and/or cc like many clans do to get newbies used to reading them for important info

9. What are the chances the teachers will inadvertently be biased with the clans they suggest players go to after the training?
    Teachers are likely to be from strong clans, so this could make the strong stronger... Etc etc.

It would have a big impact on the way clans recruit now. New players would end up with a wall of ads, as recruiters would go to the clan members and ad ones near a certain CS amount.

Just my thoughts on impact.... It could make more clans fail rather than clean it up.

Otherwise support. First few days on KAW are pretty confusing, and you tend to read all forum advice after you've started (and put up all the wrong builds!)

10. support but there are plenty of training clans out there. why not let those clans sign up n be marked as training clains.

11. Because those are player operated.
    And the devs couldnt make them help others.

12. hmmmmmm maybe

13. Exactly reindeer

14. Great Idea Mate .... ATA should have some Requirement to Start a Clan also... Like Minimal CS, how long the Person has been KAWing, and minimal members needed... Agree... WC should be Ads free 

15. Interesting, but I doubt it would work. I really would prefer having a way to channel new players into existing academies or starter clans right after the tutorial instead.

The best teachers will be in academies anyway, why would they stop running those (supporting their own clan structure) and join some system starter clan? I honestly would prefer having decent payouts on Ambush as an incentive to big accounts to help out in academies.

How do you keep a chat alive in such a system starter clan? Cope with timezones, language barriers, and so on? Teachers would be normal players, they won't be online 24/7...

As for saying that VKs have to help out regardless of gold sacrifice as they have chosen to help people... no, just no. There are hundreds, even thousands, of teachers out there right now, you however have to find a way to bring awareness of those academies to new players finishing their tutorial instead of creating another structure.

16. Hmm, what if it became like a volunteer program where these clans are set up and the "teachers" are those who apply to volunteer for teaching them for 3 months. Once their volunteering is up, they receive a reward like a piece of equipment, or gold based on how many they graduated successfully (to compensate for no eb growth), or any other kind of payment. I really love this idea and give it full support!

-Versa-

17. I just had another idea, growing a small starter clan will economically destroy the volunteer so I believe a reasonable amount of old the volunteer can make is around 3-5 bil per person they graduate successfully. In order to stop alts and exploits, remove the referral code and make the starter clans recruitment random but it still connects the newbie to a clan in the same region. Also make it to where each graduate is assessed on KaW knowledge with a type of test an depending on how well they do on the test, the volunteer receives payment equal to the grade. 60% and up is considered passing so with a 100% on the test, the volunteer makes 5 bil and the graduate begins their life on KaW. A 60% means the volunteer makes 3 bil and the graduate moves on. The better the test scores, the more volunteers are paid. Now I feel this could work with your OP as the graduate can take the test whenever the volunteer teacher feels they are ready.

-Versa-

18. I would have appreciated that sort of set up when I started. The only reason I kept playing this game was I was intrigued to why it was in the top grossing apps. it took me couple of hours to figure out the existing of clans. I support that idea.

19. How about having like VKs and mods, special ppl(normal kawers) to be the teachers? con of that: you get trolls trying to be teacher too to troll those littles