Starter Clans

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Caribou, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Maybe with being a teacher, you would get little rewards like xtals here and there, the teachers are not require to stay in the clan at all times, but not just anyone can become a teacher

2. Support

*cough*i wanna be a teacher* cough*

3. Awesome here it goes...
    Green Vipers
    Red Dragons
    Blue Hydras
    Yellow Knights
    Golden Kings
    Black Necromancers
    Pink Unicorns
    Purple Butterflies (Get down with your feminine side! :) )
    Orange Titans
    Gray Rangers
    Fried Chicken Brigade...
    Well pretty generic I think....

4. Nice names 

5. Psh.

PINK FLUFFY UNICORNS DANCING ON RAINBOWS.

6. YES!
    YES!
    YES!
    What word describes the texture of their magical fur?
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

7. All feedback is welcomed 

8. Do you really think that mods/VK's would sacrifice their account to better newbs? They won't grow off of low EB's. Mods and VK's are players too.

9. Mods and VK are not required to stay, i forgot to state that in my post, the mods, at least VKs since that is why they are VKs, should come in and check on the players.
    Then again, maybe we don't even need teachers, maybe just groups of new players in a singular place, with automated messages on how to do this and that

10. So your saying if i invite my friend to play KaW, and have a clan slot for him/her etc, he would have to wait three weeks from point of entry to come over? Lame.

11. Hmmmmm, maybe we can bring back in the referral codes, if this player you brought in has your referral code, he gets to skip these starter clans

12. I like that. It gives the achievement back

13. Thank you for bringing that up, I have just edited the thread with a change.

Using the referral code will have no bonuses other than the achievement.
    So if the new player uses your code, you must teach him yourself.

14. The general idea of having a starter clan is good, but the details you presented are sloppy. Mods and VKs are people and players too. They have lives and can't always be on. Mods already have it hard signing in with a whole wall of new posts, but now they will have a bunch of newbies asking what item to use in the depraved?

And how will referral code mentoring be monitored if you're responsible for them? Are the devs going to scold you about irresponsibility if they quit the next or you fail to answer a question? What if it appears like you're not helping them in the game because you're helping them in real life? Will they take back the referral achievement?

Too many things I can't agree with. Not trying to be rude, only giving feedback.

15. Those are great points, Jac!
    Thank you for pointing them out.
    But as I said becoming a teacher has rewards here and there, they don't have to be mods or VKs, they can be players that apply and that have been deemed helpful

16. A problem I see coming up with this is the many alts that are created everyday. Think about it, a veteran player making an alt account and having to be in a starter clan for weeks to come? What if they want to join their mains clan, or don't want to be in the starter clan as they already know how to play the game?

Also, would you HAVE to join this clan? I don't know if this would deter players from joining as they don't have the freedom to jump from clan to clan and do different things.