So I'm writing a book...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by whipped_cream, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Valtose the comatose. Lactose intolerant? Can't enjoy cheese or ice cream? Try new 'valtose' available otc at a pharmacy near you. Or an Indian generic of mentos. Valtose now available in curry flavor. Lol. :)

2. I wanna read it

3. Multiple colored leaves danced and fluttered in the wind as a cool breeze blew in from the west an a warm autumn day. The rolling hills would sing to the wind, but it was still to quiet.

The sky was blue, with but a single cloud in the air and it looked to as if it wanted to hug the sun. The trees swayed to and forth, as did the grass and wheat, as if dancing to their last song before the snow of winter covered them.

It was still too quiet. The birds, the insects, the wild game did not make a noise. They were already frighten away by something. A deed of man that changed the air around this country side.

Burned flesh and bone could be smelled a mile away as a patch of earth was ripped apart. A battle was fought in the dead of night.

Screams just hours before the sun woke up echoed off the mountains as the birth of a new weapon made it's echo'd heard around the world.

Leaning against a rock is a samurai. Blood long dried stains his armor. But there is no stab wound to be found. His sword lays by his side, still gripped in his hands, his eyes still open and dried out.

He is not the only warrior to fall in this battle without a stab wound, many of his brethren suffered the same fate. This enemy, was making quick work to conceal their secret weapon. The started to strip the samurai's of their armor and burn their bodies. Soon they would do the same to the man by the rock.

They removed his head dress, then his chest armor, and drag him to the fire and throw him in. Satisfied with their work, they move on into the forest leaving no trace of where they came from or where they are going.

As the sun sets, a peasant finds the ashen bodies of his homes protectors. Emotions would overcome him as he reaches out towards the bodies with tears in his eyes. He stumbles over a plate of armor.

Looking down towards his feet he stretches out and picks it up. As he does this he hears something move, like a marble rolling down a wood floor.

After inspecting the inside, he finds a little lead ball covered in blood. Was this ball responsible for the death of these samurai's? How could it be?

Was this the works of a sorceress or a man?

Many questions flowed through the mans mind. After some time he gains strength back in his knees and with the lost samurai's armor and the lead ball, he makes his way back to his village to tell his kinsmen the news of this day.

-One of my shorts.

4. Not the best one but it sets up settings and story. Hope it helps you mate. This is one of my older ones.

5. D3vil. I could name a few series with that plot. Mistborn, The Black Company, Safehold Series for a Sci-fi one. Think it's Safehold. It's David Weber after Honorverse.

6. A ton of stories carry similar themes and plots, though it is on the writer to make the content of the book different from the other stories.

7. I enjoyed the portion you put up here

8. Sounds good! Umm i am going to toss out conjecture but the whole point is the Mortec were defeated in an Uprising originally and exiled to the desert this would explain unending feud and the one city that is a refuge for criminals... seems like main char will find this out and face pressure from high ups to keep quiet or die so he joins the mortec to create a new uprising to reinstate proper leaders?

9. Nice short Rusted.

Cream- you should get this moved to Fan Fiction. Some pretty good reads there. Might get some great advice.

10. I am actually surprised a mod hasn't moved it yet.

11. Jimmy... FF isn't really alive anymore. It would be pointless to move it there, Moose used it as his graveyard before, people now just use it to test threads. However, if your talking about the stories, the best I've read are Utho's and Endgame

12. Yes, I see FF has really died down. I haven't looked at it since last year. Didn't realize how quiet it was.

13. Doing my best to get it going again. 

14. Too many names and numbers IMO.

15. Heh. Just take a look at LOTR.