So how does storywriting work?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by *Wyvern (02), Aug 15, 2010.

1. I rarely visit the forums, if at all, and the few active threads don't explain much... I'm interested in being more active in this section. A question of mine would be, what exactly is this 'fanfiction' based off of? KaW, fantasy in general...?

2. People write alot of fantasy storys on here. The also ask for help with their storys and feedback for their chapters I'm writing a story called battle camp: the rebelion check it out bit be sure to read chapter 1 first!

3. Fanfiction is a place for aspiring writers of all ages! (I'm only in junior high) you write your heart out on a story poems or your thoughts. It doesn't have to be about KAW it can be pretty much about anything!

4. Players write stories here and help people with their storywriting. The stories can be about anything u set ur mind on, it doesn't have to be about kingdoms at war. People usually have contests where other people make characters and which ever person wins, there character get to go in the story. Check out B&A story ideas if u want an idea or a bio for ur charater

5. I see. So you just post chapters as separate threads on the forum? Are they usually that shirt? :O

6. *I mean short.

7. Sometimes their pretty long, others r short

8. They can be short or long, and people usually post feedback threads for their stories. Writers usually post a chp of their book every day or few days.

9. I even review fan fiction

10. Cool. Might try putting one up sometime today ^^ So I see a lot of threads about signing up characters to be in a story... I'm assuming that's not mandatory but is that the 'norm' for most stories here?

11. Pretty much. A lot of people do those contests, they're fun, and give your story publicity!

12. True. Oh I'm still confuzzled about this one: do people post chapters as separate threads, or are they posted as consecutive posts in one thread?

13. It's whatever you want!

14. I post my chapters on the same thread, so it's more convent for my readers

15. I've had to post my chapters in part cause they're really long, but I think it's more convenient.

16. I see. All that remains for me is to look around and explore the forum to familiarize myself; thanks to all who replied :) Tips for getting started are appreciated as well.

17. Np! And if u want to read a good story for inspiration, read Wood Heart! I wrote it!

18. Ur welcome! Post on the "Things to check Out" thread if you need anymore help!

19. Good luck and happy writing! May inspiration come to you!

20. If you go like to pg2 of fan fiction u'll see Dragon Tale. Looking at all the feedback I've gotten from I think it would be a good example of a story to see how to setup your story. And people love it