Should War be Fair?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Imitation-Cheese, Feb 6, 2014.

1. I have no idea what you just said ... Stop ... You are punch drunk or off your meds ... Stop ... Your points are incoherent ... Stop ... No one wants to hear it ... Stop ... No one cares ... Stop ...

#atfirstyouwerefunnynowyouarejustpatheticandannoying

2. Whenever ancienne does the dots just put an "erm" in place and it won't infuriate you so mucho

Why the dots ancienne.. WHYYYYY

3. Fascinating and insightful post, appleseeds. Thanks for sharing 

4. System wars are contests with prizes. They should have a set of rules to level the playing field so that all participants have a chance at the rewards. They should be won by the better organized and more strategically sound team. Of course those organized hard working teams are going to scour the rules to find anything they can exploit to their advantage. Welcome to competition.
    OSW is about defeating your enemy. There is nothing fair about it. People engage in diplomacy and build strength so that when an ultimate conflict occurs they are in position to win that conflict. The thing about kaw is that there is only so much u can do to an opponent, so really comes down to a test of resources and endurance.

5. Omggg Cynder just made me laugh to death.

There are fair terms to war agreed upon ny an individual to individual basis that if you use any advantage to get past me you deserve the win becaise I didnt think of that move.

Everyone has the power to attack the same way, as in a chess game. Just like in real life- we all have merely the same equipment. But someones brain can always find a way to get around your tactics. In return this is fair that you nuked my city when I wasnt prepared. In fact I was only prepared for your troops to b deployed instead.

Anything and everything is required to win wars. By your terms of fair you want to enjoy a nice day merely playing chess.

**While we play chess theres my men behind you with guns off safety**

and thats how you win wars

[Small]no real life threat intended ;3[/small]

6. Damn i did codes as if i was on myspac back in the day o_O

7. Ancienne, I replied because you're filling this thread with needless and incomprehensible garbage on how others should play and how farming is evil and some **** about rights on KaW.

8. War should be as fair as life, Life can be unfair, I say grow a pair and war for your KaW-Life :twisted:

9. Most of you people really need to stop talking about war in this game :lol: Its a theme in a video game and can't be even remotely applied to the real thing. People shouldn't even wan to compare the 2. War is ugly. Its disguisting. It makes people forget themselves. This is a video game nothing more. Don't try to make it something its not and especially something it has no place being.

10. Its simple… "truth" that "most"… people with… "compassion" would… not… like to "address" ……

11. War is fair at the beginning but the war is decided on who brought the best strategy and team work.

12. Ceteris paribus, then war should be equal. If in a war game, the only way to make things truly fair is to make all things equal. In a war game, where players voluntarily war, it should be fair because we all crave an experience.

That experience is what drives this game, to be the best, or better than the person next to you. It's competition and when your opponent is much much stronger, it becomes an apparent loss and that wanting to be better will diminish.

Example, the player base has grown rapidly since the creation of system wars and epic battles. Why? Because the days of farming someone can crush the newbie spirit, because being that small and being beaten up takes away your will to be competitive. It wasn't a fair war or system emplaced, so why stay? What's the point if you know you're only going to lose?

Enter the creation of system wars and epic battles, people had a real chance to become competitive again. Instead of having a 50k cs beating up a 10k cs account, we have the 10k cs account a chance to grow and even the playing the field. Only when the playing field is equal, or ceteris paribus, will the true victor be established. There's no challenge in beating down someone smaller, but there is when you're beating someone down your size. And when you finally win, you can feel proud and move on to the next person who challenges you.

So yes, in this game, wars should maintain fairness for the sake of the game. If we kick the fairness to the door, we will be going back to the old days, which in my opinion were dark and dangerous. I had a couple friends play this game with me in the Christmas of '09 and to be honest, they all left :lol: and I took a brief break as well. It's not fun to get pounds but it sure is fun to have a good war.

13. It's funny when people complain about how getting farmed isn't fair and ask the devs to change the mechanics, most of the responses are "it's a war game. Find a way to win."

Then when it turns out that war is unfair, all of a sudden we want the devs to "fix" it.

14. Because Kaw = rl?

I dont even know why they call them wars. Seems fitting for a fantasy medieval themed game I suppose.

15. Yep :lol: never doubt the hypocrisy, Cheese.

16. We only want it to be a war game when it pleases us.

Amirite?

17. I call it a kingdoms game when people ask me. Coz if I was to say war game they'd be confused as to where the war part is.

18. I even avoid calling it an epic battle when they ask what I'm hitting. I instead say I'm hitting monsters lol

19. I disagree I believe warriors are out there that prefer bl to eb personally one day that'll be me xD but there is much preparation. This is a war game but clans have ruined that by their no farming rules and such