Serpent and Stone

Discussion in 'Events' started by [ATA]Caster, Sep 26, 2022.

1. These new side legends for regular chests are terrible….. makes people jump around to get something that is usually free and to get both chests you have to spend xtals …..when you started all this you boasted that the regular chests would be free or at least just cost 1000 gold to open …. With this change , that cost has gone up considerably….. please do away with this terrible Change and go back to getting regular chests for simply completing an eb …… the community hates this current change

2. It's a disaster find another way to tackle exploits, stop giving us things we don't want or need and bring back ASW!!

3. So tired for having to do 'this' and 'that', so that I can do a different 'this', which leads to another 'that' every day.
    Devs your current eb events are killing Kaw faster than ever, because you are killing the clans by putting more and more pressure on players and making the game so tedious to play.

4. It’s too much different tasks to get a box!!plus no ASW 2022😮‍💨😔

5. You can add new legends but don't mess with the ones you already have. I have 0 interest in the daily chest because of this.

6. Let’s step back a bit. Here’s what Kaw “gives” us: 2 xtals on the 1st Friday of a new event, 3 xtals the 2nd Friday and a “bonus” regular chest somewhere along the way.
    Players have to complete EBs for two regular chests, so they not free. Equipment drops as players proceed through the legends, and players need to spend a lot of time (and frustration) upgrading them before transmuting them to a 10th of their value. Furniture drops from chests (regular and royal) are few. Furniture upgrades take ages unless you decide to purchase pieces. In sum, it’s a pretty bleak picture. Thank goodness for the friendships we establish along the way.
    BUT IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT.
    The game could be opened up. Other games drop useful game ingredients ONCE AN HOUR, not three times every two weeks.
    Based on other comments here, KaW morale is pretty damn low and falling.
    I learned yesterday (Sunday) that one of my clan members, who’s played the game with me for 12 years (so hardly a noob) got his first regular chest yesterday. He’d normally have 10 by Sunday. He’s a busy person and missed our item EBs and didn’t have time for 50 attacks or assassinations. So the new side legends are hurting my clan members, not making it more fun.

7. Let's bumb this thread up.
    Who cares about the offer wall. This is more important.

8. I get why the devs did this, but it's a huge mistake imo, with the drop rates being what they are, and now they want us to jump through many hoops for a few items..... that's a pass for me.

9. Whoever came up with this idea of daily side legends needs to be shown the door. I've just given up on these. Time consuming, wasting xtals for a free chest, sorry I don't care for this. Searching for ebs to do 25 items everyday, so I have to leave my clan daily, because we don't run paid EBs and Noth and Goth gives no item bars. What a waste of time and energy. Sorry guys, this is not advancement in making the game more fun. This is making it more fristrating whereby you will just hasten the pace of people wanting to quit this altogether.

10. Hey everyone!
    Just wanted to pop in and say the team has been looking at all the discussion around these changes and we appreciate hearing what aspects players like and also what players would like to see improved upon.

There are a few goals in mind with these changes that I wanted to touch on to give ya'll a better idea of the thought behind them.
    One was to offer a wider variety of tasks for players as previous Legends were repetitive and only focused on one element, completing EBs. Another was to cut down on abuses we saw with the simplicity of the these Legends. However we do see that many players feel like we greatly increased the amount of effort needed to earn similar rewards which was not intended.

With all that in mind we will be reviewing these changes with your feedback for how we can better optimize them for future events.

11. While it was a worthy yet idealistic idea to stop the charm farms in regards to their box farming. It has resulted in such an adverse impact by penalising the majority of us by exsessive added on legends where we already had enough legends to focus on. The added effort for 2 boxes which were originally given for a daily login and participation in ongoing event now is just to labourous a chore.. With knock on effect of now inflating furniture market and upgrade materials due to lack of items ppl use to get to trade or keep themselves pls just go bk to old way

Baron_Nemesis and Fluffy like this.
  12. I’m 51/60k I’m loyal clan active don’t jump and I haven’t had a single free chest this event this is too complex frustrating and entirely unnecessary change. Can you explain why you haven’t invested this valuable developer time in fixing ASW something we want and need part of the fabric of kaw.

Fluffy and _Buckaroo_Banzai_ like this.
  13. These new legends are a nightmare, its hard enough getting 60k event items without having to jump through hoops for free boxes. i dont get much time to play KaW with a busy family life. the traders tokens etc do make a difference for growth but i think ive picked up about 5 boxes this event due to not having the time to chsse legends. these may be ok for people that live on KaW but not for the average working player. please look into this and consider reversing tis action for the majority of KaW.

14. Like people can abuse daily free chests lmao nothing worthwhile drops from them anyways😂

15. It would be interesting if ata could give us an approximate % of rare items in chests! Just a rough idea would be a start! Then they would understand why guys need to farm chests! Further again no thought has gone into this as even if they can't farm chests they can continue to farm event charms and sell them for furniture! This in turn puts up the price of furniture again pushing the end of a full set away from new players ! Thinking apes you are not!

16. It takes 2.5-3.0 hours to complete the 50 A or A, while we’re not helping the clan complete the EB…why 50? Why not 25, if you’re going to limit it to attacks or assassinations? What’s with all the PvP emphasis lately…and only rewarding with keys? The keys open chests…where are they dropping? Oh, that’s right only in wars…

17. What? Are we back in 8th grade again, when the whole class had to stay for detention because of the behavior of a trouble maker or two?
    An entire community doesn’t need to be punished for the misbehavior of a few. If there are people mistreating the game, weed them out and ban them. The vast majority play within the bounds of the game honestly.
    Reinstall the two regular chests for completing two EBs a day; if you want to keep the new side legends upgrade the drop to a royal chest key.
    People cheat when they don’t think they are getting a square deal. Maybe you ought to think on that.

18. And are you going to compensate for the problems people are encountering in this event?

19. What if instead of altering the tasks to receive the free to open chests, the drops were changed? Remove furni from their drop pool entirely, and buff the drop rates of account-based-useful items like trader tokens, xtals, and premium items. Buffing these rates also would benefit small accounts and help them more with growth than furni does, although if premium items are too common, maybe they'd still get farmed to get dropped for a main.

To give f2p a chance at furni still, add a separate chest that is earned alongside main legend progress. Depending on how many are rewarded, maybe give them a guaranteed chance for a furni drop. Or, do a system like BF last year, where every "no rare furni" (could be dumbed down to "no furni") drop gives an item that improves chances, and those items are reset with a successful furni drop. Rates would obviously have to be balanced against typical rates from opening 28 of the existing chests, but that seems doable.

Legend item drops from 28 free chests almost always (barring severe luck) get accounts to the 3250 main legend tier, so start adding furni options sometime after that? Maybe even not until, say, the 13k or 22k tier - or a tier achievable by most real players, but not attainable with one 300kcs alt on a pvp weekend.

"[Theme name] Chest"
    "[Theme name] Royal Chest"
    "[Theme name] Deco Chest" 😜

20. What’s up with the boxes this season is there a trick I’m missing? I’ve only earned 2, opened 1 so I only have 1 box to complete legends. I have 20 royals but don’t typically open those.. 🥴