Season 5 - The Worst Season Ever (So far)

Discussion in 'Wars' started by NotTom, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Only drawback u make me laughn ignore all the crappy points why IWar is total chaos n a waste of time sometimes n no diff than claims of stacked roster match ups which r not done by every war clan.

Yes has IWar has it merits but it has issues also. Cannot dance around that.

2. yes.... but

I participate 'cause

- I like tracking and warring
    and
    well... just that. It will cost me maybe $30 and I have a fair shot at being in top 100

As far as NotTom is concerned, while I see his frustration it mainly is about the bracket he wars in. As accounts grow there is less chance of a 'Kureshi' style approach to war (no Xtal no participation).

PS being stripped it's a legal move - be smart hide your allies BEFORE casting.
    Inactives are one of the chances we take with Indi. For my money it is better than the 'do I cast' 'do I not cast' ballet we used to do in previous seasons or the 2xLB + 9xSH rosters. Those wars were pretty much a given from minute 1, which is why Indi was brought in.

3. No doubt there are issues

a couple of small change would fix much of it
    make sign up = 1 XTal. I said it in another thread - I'll repeat it here.

Create two modes of war:

Brawl & Tournament

In Brawl everyone can sign up just as we do now and take their chances. This allows the free to play crowd to get their chance.

In Tournament you sign up buy buying a spell with a Xtal the way you buy aqua. That spell gives you one regen and expires @ the end of war. Use it or lose it.

You could have different reward tiers for the two wars. My sense though is that Tournament will succeed more often than not in delivering a better product, bringing most to war there.

I would also be happy with old style wars 2 out of 7 days per week to build on clan loyalty.

You want to stop moles? Ban warring on multiple accounts. A guy in our team cast 3 accounts today. In our clan he came on, unloaded and left until 45 minutes in leaking like a sieve all war long.

Do this and Individual wars will be 90% better.

4. Interesting to see that most of the people that are satisfied with S5 setup are people that wouldn't have gotten into a decent EE clan if it was round/primal setup.

I got dozens of complaints about S5 but not going to bother much longer as they've all been stated by a lot of people and devs only seem to be interested to give feedback on event threads.

Started off in SH bracket, wasn't too bad except for +/- 50% of my team didn't have xtals or more than 15 actions. Decided to grow to the next bracket.

12 wars in my new bracket, not a single war in which we didn't have someone in there trying to throw the war. I can't even believe where those ppl get the time from, they just wake up cast woc thinking yay a perfect day to sabotage a war just for fun.

Banning inactives doesn't cut it at all. Ban the <15 action players, ban the moles, ban the ppl that try to ruin it every single war, ban the non xtallers, heck ban everyone, season is crap anyway.

And yup I'm going to get top100 without too much effort, but cant say I've enjoyed any of the wars.

5. Last page here Nailed it. Share the same sentiment. S5 - Season Of Mole Exploit. Worst ever. Support the efforts above to identify and suggest solutions, but no one is listening at ATA anymore. Money talks.

6. People keep saying I should grow to solve the problem... I have alts in the bigger brackets and the problems are just as bad up there. Lol.

7. Yes u rely on ur stats spreadsheet with failed actions etc and build ur own db and then control who to attack etc. Not hard to do at noob level

8. Wow! The leader is having s hissy fit. Grow up. Season 5 rocks.

9. Wow. Lol. Youre telling me to get a life. Im pretty sure anyone with lives are smart enough not to spend money to get virtual money.

10. And when i said struggling i meant in season 5 not talking about how my stats are doing.

11. I agree Phoenix when u gonna change from eb fairy build

12. They need to make it fair for people, my alt got stuck in a war with 3inactves and many many leaks, we lost 9B-29B nothing anyone active could have done, this needs sorting, people need banning from wars for a long length of time there needs to be a proper system for this and not just like a 10day ban for opening up as a PS

13. Only reason I am doing alright in S5 is although my build doesn't allow me to get Any bonus planar medals, I war command and help out clannies as much as I can. But some people can war well and don't know how to wc or track so they r disabled from this opportunity

14. This season the focus is on the moles and non-xtl's. Don't want to call it the worsted ever. Every season has good and bad sides.

The non-xtl-ers problem is easy to fix. Already saw some solutions that could work. The mole problem will require devs to grow balls. Otherwise this will disrupt all war levels sooner or later.

The future of warring should be, in my vision, drafting. That way wc's can choose their own roster knowing they will match one of the others. Exploit rosters will be harder to make.

15. Lol troll...!

I think the fact that the leader is so frustrated with s5 is very relevant.

Most would assume that complaint threads are just whining by people who aren't succeeding.

The fact that even the leaders aren't happy with the format might even be enough for ata to take note. It's too late for s5, but maybe they will remember when s6 comes that even the person who killed it in s5, didnt like the setup.

I'm assuming people who criticize Tom haven't warred with him, because he would be formidable with any build he chose to use.

Ps: Tom build isn't an exploit according to the devs.

16. But Indi wars are still FAR Better and Fairer than Clan Wars. People like you just want to stack the best roster possible and lock everyone else out.

Just because you were no1 on the LB doesn't make YOUR OPINION anymore valid than anyone elses, nothing more than self entitlement.

17. Lol , yes worst Season so far, and you forgot The moles warring moré than 1 account throwin wars, and pl that do HTE and Xtal on EB and not in Wars 

18. A. Not more valid, just more believable

B. Clan wars "lock" no one out. If you want to war and a clan won't take you, make your own clan. Any clan can cast.

If there are so many people getting locked out of clan wars, you should be able to fill many rosters with homeless warriors.

Unless what you mean by "locking out" is that people who have taken the time to learn how to WC and track want to surround themselves with people who have sacrificed some EB plunder for towers because it helps in wars.

Is it wrong for them to not want to waste their time Wc/tracking on inactives and non-xtallers?

19. Yes you can make your own clan in clan wars sure but there is 1 problem. Mismatches.
    Ive done 2 primals ever and matched dotb 500mil cs smaller each time guess round is just as bad those 2 massive mismatches i gave up on trying to do clan wars. Your right everyone can do clan wars but when that happens do you blame them and me for rating a all indi season?

20. This guy is a complete moron .......his build is the reason devs had to think outside the box n go all indi....yes its true its more about luck than skill but id rather have been beaten by bad luck than by roster minipulating scum bags lb sh stacking.
    Also he said his medals prove he doesnt need a stacked roster to win wars ......eh are u stupid you are currently only matching people your size in indis so ....yeh u do need stacked rosters to win wars or indi wars.

Noooooooooooob sh