Season 5 Proposal #2

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Yes, just make xtal mandatory and boom perfect.

2. I like this idea a LOT I hope that the inactives/spammers are banned for the season and that will defiantly make Indies a much more realistic option. I do so hope that the requirement for entry however is realistic,will this be set at a value to nerf the sh ?

3. Helll yes...No stacking like the other proposal. Would 100% participate if you did this.

4. How about indi teams but they are permenent for longer than one war?.

Personally i did like having a clan for the season. Makes it better

5. Support

You would have to rely upon your team to make all the wars. Please explain further.

6. I agree. Any Indi roster over 20-25 people is just a toss up and depends solely on the roster given.

7. The first S5 proposal was better for several reasons:

- Allowed all aspects of a player's strength to be used
    - Allowed us to war with people we could trust to actually contribute fully to the war effort
    - The entire season wasn't based on pot luck is was based on who could create the best rosters and strategies to get wins.

8. Interesting idea but it would be hard to ensure everyone from your team is going to be able to war with you at the same time.

9. In short, the previous thread had 90 pages suggesting the opposite.

10. I have WC/Tracks your bracket many times and have yet to lose, the only luck involved is if you don't know how to WC/track, if you do know how then you can come back from many disadvantages

11. Love it love it love it !!!!! Pre cast a xstal in someway, so u know everyone has one, and more times for the timezones currently missing out and it would be perfect  I think 25 a nice size too personally.

12. Thanks kaw admin. Here are my thoughts on this proposal.

Sadly I think this is the fairest way to do the season with certain conditions as follows:

1. Perm ban from ee for anyone casting alt and main at same time in same stat range (no/my alt is not hatf1eld for those of U who think-he's an imposter). This aspect of ee really needs to be dealt with harshly if you are building a season out of it.

2. I strenuously urge you to mix up roster sizes and also KO types. While the current KO options are ok, it has become predictable and borderline boring. Switching up roster sizes AND KO types with new ones is a quick easy way to take the predictability factor out of it. Predictability leads to easy 'loopholes'. It also makes ee less interesting. At a minimum though, keeping roster sizes the same all season long will be boring and not nearly as fun. I would suggest 10,15,20,25,35,50 and even 100 man rosters. It really makes a big difference and mitigates the influence of any one build or player as you increase roster size.

KO times is something I really think you could add a few options with but not nearly as important as roster size variety.

3. Ability for admin to silence members in cc

As I said, sadly I think this is the fairest option available to all players and will result in more participation. (In addition to the increased rewards which U mentioned you were going to do-finally yay!)

13. This seem to be great as it includes everyone and allows you to balance the matches as evenly as possible.

The no votes will be the teams of players that enjoy warring together and know each other well.
    Also those who would exploit ( stack clans and other more nefarious things )

A 50 / 50 of indi and war teams with a larger limit of approx 45 - 50 to select 25 per war maybe an easier way to run the season.

I feel to make everyone happy and give everyone a chance to war the only solution is to offer a mix of type ( indi and set roster )
    One hour wars are definitely the way to go for time commitment in my view.

14. This wouldn't work. One bad luck of the draw and entire season is ruined. Also would be a disaster as there wouldn't be fill ins for wars people aren't available for.

15. I like this idea, allows everyone the chance to war

16. Indy's are great, if you cracked down on in actives, abuse and statless it would be perfect.don't clan war much due to exploits and trash, but I do Indy's, and if you cleaned it up, support to this!

17. @ Kaw_Com

I personally believe that this proposal is a lot better than the previous one due to the fact that it ensures most of the time: fair rosters are matched, eradicates stacked rosters/ exploits, as well as allowing each individual to participate. However, to further improve this, I was thinking about a feature which allows people to sign up together as a pair?

18. I'm happy for you in your success. However, if you can't choose who you are with, it's luck.

You can't account for inactive players, non xstal'ing players, players that war poorly, players with bad build, etc.

It's 90% luck.

19. Kaw can you comment on a draft style s5? Like captains picking from a list of free agents?

I made a whole thread on this.

Please give your opinion

20. When is S5 gonna go down?