Season 5 Proposal #2

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jun 30, 2015.

1. I think the matching problem can be fixed pretty easy with just some small change. If you can create some kind of roster template.
    This templete can contain spots for diffrent type of builds and CS, using the mechs, and will make it possible for all kind of builds to join.

Lets say the templete is for 15man rosters. (The CS is based on nothing, just there to explain better.)

There is spots for;
    2 big attack/hybrid (90-120m cs)
    2 big ps/hansel (80-100m cs)
    2 middle attks/hybrid (60-80)
    2 middle ps/hansel (60-80)
    2 small attack/hybrid (30-60)
    2 small ps/hansel (30-60)
    3 random builds, (0-30)

To be possible for a clan to signup, or get a match, you need to have the builds that match that template..

This can be a solution for better matches and the war will be more about the most comitted team/tactics.

2. Sounds like bs. Ss or it didn't happen.

3. Yea the whole clan loyalty thing is romanticized and funny. If someone had a better chance going to war somewhere else or if the clan could bring in someone from the outside to help they took it.

4. Or go find the thread. Pretty sure I'm not the only one that remembers. If you don't believe it, so what?

5. In the good old days there was and there is still now.

6. Has nothing to do with clan loyalty. People recruit/stack the fastest/most experienced players with the best builds, etc. Top EE wars clans would not let people into their clan that aren't up to their standards & also would not allow clan members to war who weren't up to their standards. There never was widespread "clan loyalty", especially considering the amount of people that got recruited from other clans & willingly left their clan to join "the winning team".

7. Hi Dev,

Proposal is Good but I have a a few reservation;

1. EE Season war with No Clan War
    2. No primal
    3. Non-War Builds participating
    4. Free loaders without xtal
    5. -1 for losing in a random roster with chance of 50/50
    6. 4weeks to accumulate points - too short??

Proposal
    1. Make Clan War the main highlight as per previous EE Season Wars
    1.1 Introduce Minimum Overall Roster CS (without BFE & BFA) together with Maximum Overall Strength (CS, BFA, BFE) to diminish LB/SH exploit.
    1.2 Increase War company size to 50pax.
    2. Add Primal war format in Individual War.
    3. Non-War build in Individual War can't be help :-(
    4. Cast WOC and make Individual xtal once outside clan to opt in War. Xtal refund after match-up. At least those warring have 1 xtal.
    5. Do Not minus points for losing. Individual War is almost a 50/50 chance. Give everyone the opportunity to reach the Maximum point.
    5. Increase Season period to 8weeks. Everyone have a chance to get achieve maximum points

Lastly in my opinion Individual War should be fillers to Clan War for EE Season War. If it is only Individual War, I would prefer you launch ASW instead.

Anyway just my 2cent Worth.

8. But i have to admit clan loyalty has changed a lot over the years, since people just want to go the winning clan now.

9. I agree.

10. I guess I meant goodbye to the clan setups, these days.

11. This is exactly the reason these cheesy Hansel exploits need to get fixed. Why allow a build into a war that cannot be hit at all? Where is the sport in that? It's like a lion having a wrestling match with a bacteria cell. No matter how strong the lion is, he won't be able to hit the bacteria. They shouldn't be in the same ring together. Throw all the ps1 into one war so they can marvel at how Dtw they are.

12. As someone suggested above, the only way clan wars should be considered in S5 is if there is a roster "template" that all clans must follow to get a match. That's the only "easy" way to put an end to the decay of ee wars due to stacking.

13. Do me a favour devs? If you go ahead with this format please do not sully the memory of past Seasons. This is not a Season War format.

Call it an Individual Tournament. Do not associate this proposal with a 'Season War'.

14. Theres an easy way to prevent non xtalers, moles, people who dont mith up, etc, etc, etc. Any player reported more than 4 times by theyre own team will get banned from the season.I mean I guess there could be an appeal process but that should be up to the devs.it makes it easy to weed out all the people who just want to be inactive or exploit theyre way to ee, wins or mith

15. 

16. It's still season wars you just won't have a stacked roster to use as a crutch & will have to learn how to compete on a level playing field. Sorry that you have become so accustomed to easy-mode EE wars, but deal with it.

17. Butthurt as usual ;)

18. Read your post that I quoted & then tell me who is "butthurt" again. "Wah wah wah! I want my stacked roster crutch! Wah wah wah don't even call this season wars! Waaaah!!"

19. That made literally no sense. That was like a short dude calling a tall dude a midget.

20. Sorry if this has been said, not read all previous posts. Indi is fine, maybe indi primal... But many want to war as a clan, with friends, etc....

Have round wars, primals, etc. but make it so each person rostered must have a cs within, for example, 15% of the person above them.

That would stop two big guys and 13SH teaming up together, which is tough to beat.

May be other disadvantages I haven't thought of, but it's an idea.

Don't like the idea of losing medals for a war loss, losing an EE level is bad enough.