Season 5 Proposal #2

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jun 30, 2015.

1. @ guy that said offer people incentive to wc n track. Thats a big no no. Yes theyre vital to win n deserve more....but honestly even i myself would say im a wc if it means xtra payout

2. @Lord Sora
    You make no point. Your weak. Do you even lift bruh?

3. I don't think this is necessary. There are already many wc's and tracker's who lead now, and come season time these people will be even more motivated to lead. This was a problem when individual wars first started, but so many warriors have stepped up and taken responsibility in these leadership roles to the point where I don't see it as a problem anymore.

Plenty of strategy in all aspects of this game. There is just as much strategy in individual wars as there are in clan wars.

4. Support! Indie wars are the best because it lacks all the in clan politics and build pestering that goes on.

5. I indi a lot. 90% it's a good matchup war. If your build is strong, you will do well in indi.

6. Its not abt lowering spy stats and other bs you are saying. Not every ps is bc and lands on ll give minimal stats. So a hansel hlbc with 4 stables and another hansel hlbc with 1 stable. When u are asking for ps 1 are u gonna reject hansels with more than 1 troop building? Doesnt make a diff really. So you are recruiting for hansels.

7. There has to be primal wars with bfe!! Thats the only way ffs

8. One question cantonesewhineball... Is a 50m cs attack build with no towers the same as a 50m cs attack build with 10m sdt & 8m adt?

The one with towers would be considered a tank. Why? Cause there is a very distinct difference between the two. They play differently in wars. The attack build with no towers would plunder & sko as they do not have the towers to tank. The attack build with towers would likely tank as they have the towers to tank. When I'm looking for a tank I don't ask for an attack build, I ask for a tank. The two are both attack builds but they play completely differently.

This is the same difference between a 50m cs hansel with 10m adt/8m sdt & a 50m cs hansel with 1 stable & the rest spy buildings (with a little sdt). If I need a 50m cs PS1 for war I'm going to ask for a 50m cs ps1 for war. I'm not going to ask for a 50m cs hansel as a 50m cs hansel could have various stats (such as 10m sdt/8m sdt).

I've explained this to you as clearly as I can. If you cannot see the difference you are either trolling or willfully stupid; either way not worth another response.

9. Shouldn't large pure spy builds be complaining about a season of only Indy wars? Currently they are kings on the primal format but not as loved on the Indy format... Idk... Maybe they are still loved, but I just think a large ps1 would greatly prefer primal wars over Indy

10. Let's get this out of the way, yes I am a SH, and yes I did enjoy exploiting the system during previous seasons.

Okay with that said, I've stayed pretty quite on this matter thus far but I feel that as a member of this KaWmunity I have a semi-obligation to voice my opinion with the hope of making it a better place. I want this season to be a success as much as you anyone else here and I will try to keep this shortish, hoping more will read it as a result.

With that said let me start with a question, what to you is the definition of a "Season"? Is it a time to chase new equip and rewards? Yes. Is it a time to regain love for this game? Well hopefully. Is it a time to work together with a group of loyal and trustworthy friends/clan members? To me this is also an important point of what a Season should be defined as.

For the last four season's we have warred (and enjoyed) different systems of war, whether it was round, or primal... classic, random, or advantage KO one of the common things that all the season's had in common was a clan element. And seeing as the forum community is so aggressive towards posts from SH/SSH's in this thread I will only focus on clan loyalty in my post.

Indi war's, yes they do have a great turn out but they do not promote any clan loyalty. Why should a season be based solely on your ability to war with strangers and dumb luck as to who you're paired with? Some may argue that only the "true" warriors can do this, but to me, I do not see this as a true metric of your ability. Factored into it, as I have already defined should be a clan aspect, whether it is 100% clan wars or 50/50 with indi. I understand that there are both playing types out there... a good portion of the anti round wars cult (and thus pro indi) are people who believe clan wars will always experience exploitation. To this I just think of it as strategy. People always desire to win (and have fun) and with solely indi wars a key part of what I think a season should be about is lost.

Clan strategy, developing a successful roster composition, and executing it with a group of peers should be a part of a season. And this proposal eliminates that aspect and for that reason I CANNOT support it.

To be had, I don't think either proposal is worthy of being a season. There is room for improvement in both proposals; and,

@ATA, at the end of the day you have the ultimate decision (yes community input) but I would ask if you do feel that indi is the best course of action not implement it as part of a so-called-season but rather an EVENT with milestones (ten medallions you get one piece of equip, twenty medallions you get two pieces.... Etc.) I feel that by making it just indi the only thing differentiating it from off-season indi wars is the ability to receive extra rewards. For that reason it should not be a part of Season 5 and instead be part of something new, a new style of event (which you guys seem to love).

At the end of the day someone will judge my opinion or call me out and try to demerit my post because of my build. All I want, if anything, is you to come away from this post thinking about and continuing this great discussion of OUR future with the underlying thought of "what to me should define a season?" If you still believe it to be indi wars that is your rightful choice and I have nothing against that. But, as I have said I believe in order for it to be a season there needs to be a clan aspect where you are working with your peers to succeed in something and reap the rewards of your loyalty to each other.

️

11. The same could be said about previous seasons (the only thing differentiating it from off-season wars is the ability to receive extra rewards) unless you are trying to claim it's somehow more "difficult" to build a stacked roster for round/primal wars? The problem with KaW is this plague of a mentality that you need a clan for everything. You farm someone & they cry to their clan. Next thing you know you are getting inc from that clan's alliance, etc. Everyone needs their hand held & no one can do anything alone. Stop relying on the stacked clan roster crutch & accept that INDIVIDUAL wars is where people should truly be rewarded for their EE prowess.

Some noobs cry about how indi war wins are based on "luck". Others organize their team, come up with a strategy, & make a win happen.

Not at all trying to brag in any way but I usually win 90%+ of the indi wars I do & it is not based off of "luck".

12. Have you at all read any of this thread? The ONLY people crying about indi wars are the exploit builds (ps1 & sh).

13. If this goes ahead, Im quitting

14. Actually sora , the people who have taken time to build clans and teams for primal wars also do not like this idea

15. And why arent we able to signup with friends in indi war?

16. Look what you done u bloody sh, ruined clan loyalty and wars where we used to enjoy.

17. Yeah... I already said ps1.

18. I have a question for kaw_community.

Is there a reason why you guys want to go with 1 extreme or the other? Was there some reason why s5 couldn't be run with the same exact war schedule we have now & have indi/primal/round wars all reward players equally?

Why mess with anyone's preferred method of play?

19. Why do u give sh what they want, i prefer the first option but of primal wars instead of round.

20. This makes me laugh. I remember when Estoc Wars first started you lost a level of EE when you left your clan. The wars were initiated to enhance clan loyalty. Season Wars should include wars where established clans can war together. Having an individual war only season goes against the very concept of why Estoc Wars were created.

Mixture of war types is the only way you will appeal to all. I don't even know why you would alienate a section of your kawmunity in this way?