Season 2 - Week 1: Recap

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What Hydro seems to assert is interesting. Do
    Non-warring members impact ranking of clan for match-ups, based on BFE or anything else?

2. @ hydra

As far as I know bfe has absolutely nothing to do with clan rank. The jumping you describe is most likely the buying/selling of allies of both those in and out of war. That's not really something the devs can control, you'll just have to pay attention and watch who moves.
    ️

3. Hey, I think it would be good if you posted what all the matchups were and why they were matched up. Btw thanks for at least trying to make season 2 better but, in all honesty I liked season 1s matchmaking system more.

4. Lol people have been telling you advice for months and now you ask?

5. Don't dare use our decently close wars against zaft as justifying your matching system successful. I challenge you to list all stats in those wars (raw,bfa,bfe). I've proposed what I consider reasonable fixes from the time bad matches started both for and against us. 1. Reintroduce no match and list what clans could do to improve odds at matching. 2. Handicap by adding or subtracting a % of strength to make the gap acceptable, still leaving a gap where clan that was stronger stays that way. 3. Let clans add backup casters who will automatically and randomly be picked and thrown into war to reach a more acceptable gap, keeping in mind that an extra person adds extra crystals and total hits a clan has to give. So adding an extra person should be giving a slightly higher acceptable % gap between clans.

6. Lol Hydra, had this happen to us ALL DURING war, was trying to sort if they were trading allies back and forth while KO or what... thanks, answered that! I didn't think of it being eq. of non warring members. Still think some of it was former, our enemies do try EVERY Trick I swear. LOL!

7. Gauss, just missed your post -- Support! Great ideas. Almost all clans have ppl on standby these days no different than a baseball team, football/Soccer etc. What would be fun for clan leaders is to be able to sub in a player for a non performer. Maybe only at ko... and they inherit their ko time and regen percent. Heh' now I am just getting greedy. But if wars were based more on strategy and less on the dang matchup insanity, we'd all be jazzed and motivated.

8. @ rissa. If you'd do a little homework you would see that bfe has alot to do with clan rank. You would also see that clan members cannot buy/sell allies after war incoming begins.
    So what you are saying is completely incorrect

9. What warlor said was right to the point. I total agree. Kaw admin. That's what needs to be fixed. Please help the kaw community.

10. Thank you for all of the feedback so far. Pulling some data together to post and I'll begin to address some of the feedback shortly. Thank you for your patience.

11. @Hydra you can buy allies when war has started and others can buy from you too, devs can't stop you from buying allies during war and some clans use this to their advantage.

12. Omg i can't wait to see what crap data devs have for us and if they can fix the broken ee system. I guess its the same old broken record we will get and that is really sad.

13. I am just copy/pasting my post from the thread I made about a week ago.

I know I have seen it mentioned in the forums before, so this may not be a
    Completely original post, but it is truly the only way to fix EE once and for all.

Here it is plain and simple: during EE wars, nullify BFA. That's right, I said it. Take it completely out of the equation. This sets everyone equal. It would be like no one had any allies. The matches would be based purely on true stats and BFE. Doing this would allow for so much more versatility and open the matching options significantly.

I know I know, but I spent all this time building up my BFA, I am ranked (insert stupid worthless number here) on the leader board. WHO CARES! No one builds leader board BFA for EE wars. You do it for OSW strength or because you like seeing your pretty little rank rise.

EE wars were intended to promote clan unity and coordination. They are not about your BFA. They are not about the strongest clan. They are about the best functioning clan, the clan that works together as a cohesive unit.

BFA has no place in EE wars and matches would be better off if you simply nullify BFA during EE wars.

Make it pure, builds Vs. Builds, clan vs. Clan. That's how it needs to be done.

*******************ADDED FOR CLARIFICATION********************

I just want to clarify a few things based on some of the comments, maybe I was not clear enough. Additionally I will list the reasoning behind my proposal.

THE WHAT
    What I am proposing is that BFA be excluded as active stats during EE wars. NOT excluded from match making. Simply put, during EE wars the only stats that would be used would be RAW CS & BFE + Mith/pots. So if a leaderboard player attacks me (during EE wars), the only stats applied to their attack are RAW CS & BFE + Mith/pots. Likewise, if I attack a leaderboard player (during EE wars), the only stats applied to their attack are RAW CS & BFE + Mith/pots. It puts everyone on an equal playing field. Thereby allowing significantly ore matching options. Allowing for more matching options means that there is a much better chance that your clan will be match based on equal size and strength.

WHY BFA AND NOT BFE ETC.?
    BFA-
    BFA is a wildcard. It is a stat that you really can't glance at a players profile and see or quickly estimate. More importantly, the disparity between a LB player and a non-LB player is astronomical. Moreover, it is impossible to catch or even yourself with the LB players. I could spend a year devoting all gold only to allies and I wouldn't come close to touching the top LB players. Why? Because that whole time guess who is still growing their ally base? Yup, those same LB players. They are impossible to catch short of stripping them.

Now do I agree they they work hard for and deserve those stats? ABSOLUTELY! I am just saying they have no place in EE wars, not that they should be removed from the game. Let's be honest, none of those LB players are growing their ally base for EE wars. They are doing it for OSW and their LB rank.

BFE-
    BFE is not only a stat that is easy to quickly assess just by looking at a players profile, it is relatively easily attainable. Here's what I mean. Depending on your build size, you can spend a few days/weeks equipment hunting and build yourself a respectful and formidable BFE. Heck, you can do this during the season too with the mith you win. You won't be dead even, but you can at least bring yourself within range relatively quickly. The same is not even close to true for BFA. That is why BFE should be included, the disparity between the top and bottom is far less, and players have the opportunity to quickly close that gap.

THE GH-
    Lets just agree that this is broken. The GH is still way overpowered. I hope that with the inclusion of the above, this will help this issue. As xXxOUT_Kickenassataur_LAWZxXx said.

14. Gotta saw ee has grown and became much better then season 1 which was full of blow out wars complettly decieded on who had better equipment that being said we have had many blowout wars this week which haven't been fun but on same hand many of those clans had inactives or ppl not fully mithed meaning matchup may have been fair if they actually warred hard with a full roster. Also believe cs differences should be narrowed down a bit even if results in more no matches

15. Excluding bfa and including BFE is a non-starter. Count everything that impacts chance of winning an attack.

16. Oh boy.. I don't even know where to begin with that statement. Someone please tell me he's being a smart ass.. 

You CAN buy and sell allies after matchup. In order to turn that off the devs would have to shut down the ally market for all of Kaw during the wars. That does not happen nor is it likely to ever happen. I have "done my homework" ask anyone around and they'll tell you the same thing. Once again I will say, since apparently it didn't get through the first time, bfe does not affect clan rank. Your point is invalid, you're complaining about things that can't happen. Wasting time while there are more important issues as well. If you don't believe me, try it- find 2 clannies close in stats and allies and have one unequip, they won't move.

17. Actually they did shut down Allie hire/sales for people locked into wars before it has been done ... Durning summer wars last year

But it opens a can of worms .. Say I'm upset with u for watever reason and I wait till 30 seconds before Allie lock and strip u ... Now wat do u do ? Ur stuck with a few trill out and can't hire back? Have to bank and lose 25% ?

Locking allies would just create issues

18. I don't think the matchup system is at fault at all. You will NEVER find a "perfect match" unless you fight a robotic clone of your clan.

The MECHANICS, however, are making the match ups worse. The mechanics need changing, not the matching system.

The dtw/dts mech that was supposed to be in place hardly exists. The day you changed LB accounts hitting smaller accounts for a smaller payout was very smart, but then you changed it right back to appease your precious money spenders. Instead of creating your mechs around 200 people, why don't you do what is best for the entire community of millions? Why continue to give them the advantage?

The fact is, a match up of 3 LB players vs none WILL change the war. They can hit most of the clan, they can't be hit back, and they make a ton of plunder doing it. 3 players should not have that big of an effect on a war with fair mechanics. The entire EE system now is based on how many LB you pull on the other side.

That isn't right, and needs to be fixed.

Stop looking at the matchup system, and look at your mechanics.

19. By the way, the link does work now.
    You probably know this, but, you know, if you didn't...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.