Season 2 - Week 1: Recap

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok pay attention no not every clan is using gh for a mismatch but there are several clans that are there the problen not some random gh its the clans that stack 19 guild hansels with 9 massive leaderboard accounts they then draw a mid range clan and as a result they are unbeatable. I dont care that guild hansels pay crap I do care that clans like that can jump out to a 22b tlead in 5 mins because u cannot earn plunder off the bottom of their roster and cant hit the top. Thats the problem not u random guild hansels. If that does not apply to your clan then kaw is not talking about u

2. As a ewars noob, i must say ewars have sparked once again life to this game for me. Ewars have in a way forced my change in build, tearing a 2 year old build to accommodate a more appropriate war build.

Many players that complain here have valid points in way to make matchups better. I was warring for 5 weeks prior to mid week 1 in death incarnate, and to be matched against lb players and clans was extremely hard . But nonetheless it forced me to modify my build after every war. Then when i had so much problem getting pummeled by gh, once again, i modified and adapted. Now im at minas morgul. And this clan is perfect for me, and they have indeed managed to adapt after every war. I invite you all to keep modifying and adapting. Stop tormenting yourselves thinking that the reason you are losing is because the system is broken or exploited. Adapt, grow and modify like most here have.

And yes, i have spent hundreds in this game, not to mention xtal madness for new eb, all in the sake of being better.

I do support what was posted about tvp being eliminated, out of sake for non warrers waiting so long

I would propose keeping edge no matter if loss to help recover war spending. And a 15 mith allowance for losing, ONLY if you spent it, if you casted 10 receive 10, this will stop exploits of clans not mithing up to get 10-15 in tvp ( shame on you)

I would also propose a locked position war roster, most dont use WR because it moves up and down, just leave it fixed.

So yeah, thx to unicornpoopcookie once again for talking me into ewars with her thread in week 10. I have no regrets.

Thx to death incarnate clan for showing me how to war. And to minas morgul for giving me a home for season 2.

Happy kawing

3. Two thumbs up for MWar council. Well said  

4. @godshand

There are many different complaints on here, but I'm glad you see that we do not use that "exploit", not that I think it's an exploit. It's more of a strategy. It's just that they have the friends with the accounts to join their clan, and that's what wins them wars. Anyways, with that aside, I would also like to point out that ghs also have disadvantages.

Also the argument "we don't plunder off of ghs" is not very correct for 2 hour wars, although it is for 1 hour wars. Although you do not start off with an initial advantage, you can gain control of the war and plunder off of koes. It will increase your plunder and reduce theirs. I can't say a lot more because I'd be giving you a strategy lol, but you must see the point.

5. There are lots of issues that have been brought up with ways to fix them look forward to your proposal in the coming days kaw_admin

6. Hi Kaw, Simple, fun fix?

Just a flyer here, but why not cap bfe/bfa at a set value ... say 50/40, 40/30m ... make it small enough to 'normalize' the top 20k kingdoms or so. No more GH exploit, no more LB exploit, just a bunch of smash n bash fun. Lets most everyone war on an equal field and puts emphasis on build growth.

7. WELL SAID  MW council !! Full support !!

8. A full work day and no answers. We had thought the silence was due to busy coding but apparently that wasn't the case  thought at the minimiun we would see tightening of matches with current parameters. We'll fight this one since we signed up but we won't be signing up again until there is confirmed fixes.

9. Hi folks,

Due to some technical issue outside of our control we made less progress than we had hope. Please stay tuned for an update tomorrow morning.

To start we are looking at the following and have made some progress though it hasn't launched:

- tightening the range of matchups
    - prestige ranking
    - minimizing the impact hit ratio has on a matchup

10. Plz let us know when your changes would go into effect, by the look of some matches it doesn't seem to be working yet :-/

11. By minimizing the impact hit ratio has on matchups, I hope you are referring to fixing the algorithm that just matched RH with AoW. The hit ratio cant be higher than 70%. Im not even going to comment on the size of their bigs in relation to ours.

12. Really? Seriously? That's great. Looking forward to an actual response KaW. Don't you realize that you're screwing yourselves out of $$ by allowing a $25.00 build to compete on the level of a $500.00 build for the sake of shits and giggles from your LB. Think about it.. Because you won't be seeing this credit card for a long ass time, unless I don't have to worry about trying to hit an established LB account, because of the 29 accounts, 17 are GH and 12 are established LB. Really? Until the gimp ass RH team make up is resolved.. Match the ass rags with other stacked ass rag clans! BETTER yet.. NO MATCH !! Lets see what established fighting team gets corn holed by this ridiculous algorithm. Peace out bitches. I'll be spending my cash on some other addiction until you stop promoting the raping of people who actually try to play yor game.

13. Hit ratio matched was 75%.

14. Then please take a look at the differences in bfa and bfe. Their top warring has more bfa than our entire clan roster. Our biggest build is grossly smaller in stats than their top 5 warring. This match should never be mathematically possible.

15. Jackasses! RH is the leader of the GH/LB exploit! NO MATCH them like you no match No Match Found and fix this stupid ass exploit. I apologize to AoW for your match up. GL guys. I predict a.. Lets see 27b to 9b first 10 minutes. Takers?

16. Kaw_admin:

Please explain what you mean by tightening ranges. What factors will you be tightening? I actually was unaware there were "ranges". Does this mean when 50 clans war its divided into ranges and matches go from there? Per your statements it was my understanding that matches were calculated on CS/BFA/BFE/hit ratio comparisons. If you are grouping clans by "ranges" it sounds like you have some kind of internal tiering system, and it would be nice to understand the parameters of our respective ranges. If you are grouping clans in "ranges" then this would definitely explain how the top strength clans are being matched against each other despite the factors you claim to be using. In which case, I do not think the "ranges" need tightened, but the parameters and tolerance thresholds which are determining those "ranges" need to be tightened.

Also, what do you mean minimize the impact hit ratio has? Minimize the impact it has in matching? I thought the hit ratio was to minimize impact of extremes in roster. If this is the case, i fail to see how minimizing the hit ratios impact will do any freaking good. Lol The issue with the hit ratio isn't the ratio, but the factors that determine it. If you would adjust the Dtw/dts mechs to a reasonable level in my opinion your hit ratio would more accurately do what it was intended to do.

Lastly, in regard to prestige, I sincerely hope you will be doing a retroactive fix or if anything restore those clans who have been warring under the lose 3 gain 1 mechanics back to 1k prestige points...especially since some of us have been sending feedback on it from day 1.

Yes, yes I understand you said you would be releasing more details, but I just want to give you a preview to what I at least am going to be hitting y'all with. Look forward to your explanations ;)

17. I certainly wish that I had LP's optimism, but the fact is.... AoW vs Rising Hawks!!!!! Did they even read the last 14 weeks of comments? I don't think so. Hence the copy/paste responses from earlier.

18. Not for anything , but haven't people been complaining about certain things or recommending improvements for the past 13 weeks including preseason ? Why is this happening now?

19. Lol we all need to know or realize at this point,as a business stand point you cater to your highest paying customer where your livelihood depend on it.nothing gonna change,we r gonna hear same in different word week in n out n season 3 will b around the corner n same bs again.

20. @kaw admin your response to revenantVT just proves what we've all been saying for the last 10 weeks. HIT RATIO DOES NOT WORK!!!!

You've proved out point with that one answer. How can you still sit there and say its a good idea. That it works. That its still going to be part of the equation. I sincerely hope your wrong about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.